Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MadMikeyD
    replied
    A lot of the the connections between characters in the PSU are based on which companies the characters were published by. In Masquerade's series we saw a lot of her fellow Nedor heroes, like Black Terror, Fighting Yank, and Pyroman, and we've seen that these guys had pretty good relationships. The "Super Mystery Men" all appeared in Ace Publications, who's main title was "Super Mystery Comics." 'Devil, Silver Streak, and The Ghost all appeared in "Silver Streak Comics" from Lev Gleason Publishing. Almost none of these characters ever actually appeared together in stories ("Prize Heroes vs. Frankenstein" and "Daredevil Battles Hitler" being some of the rare exceptions). Still, it makes sense to me that the characters have a closer association with the other heroes from their respective original publishers than with the characters from other companies.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by MadMikeyD View Post
    And Columbia's main series was "Big Shot Comics" which featured all three of the characters, hence the name "Big Shots." I don't think they ever appeared in a story together, but they were each featured in their own stories in most issues.
    That was my next question; whether they were actually a team "back in the day".

So it's a Watchmen kind of team. Versions of a bunch of heroes who are really only connected by having been part of the same company decades ago.

If that's their only common link, I don't see the point of keeping them together.

Leave a comment:

• MadMikeyD
    replied
    Originally posted by bchat2 View Post
    The Face, Skyman & Marvelo were the main superheroes of Columbia Comics during the 1940s.
    And Columbia's main series was "Big Shot Comics" which featured all three of the characters, hence the name "Big Shots." I don't think they ever appeared in a story together, but they were each featured in their own stories in most issues.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
    What's with the Big Shots? They seem like a totally mismatched group. Were they a team in 40's and if os what brought them together?
    The Face, Skyman & Marvelo were the main superheroes of Columbia Comics during the 1940s.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    What's with the Big Shots? They seem like a totally mismatched group. Were they a team in 40's and if os what brought them together?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by King Snarf View Post
    Actually, I think I'd prefer a Big Shots mini starring Face, Skyman, and Marvelo.
    I agree they need more screen time.
    ________
    WASHINGTON MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES
    Last edited by Mortalis1; 04-21-2011, 07:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I thick a big shots tittle could be fun as written by someone like Joe Casey. He could do a weird supersticious kind of thing.
    ________
    Marijuana Card
    Last edited by Mortalis1; 04-21-2011, 07:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• comixfan1980
    replied
    Originally posted by King Snarf View Post
    Actually, I think I'd prefer a Big Shots mini starring Face, Skyman, and Marvelo.
    You know something? Oddly enough, these three characters don't excite me in the least and I actually wouldn't mind seeing them killed off toward the end of chapter 2 or sometime in chapter 3, but if they had a limited series I would still buy it since it's DE and all.

Silverstreak, The Ghost, Man-Cat and Pyroman need to be touched upon soon in miniseries, all of which are amazing characters who could "sell" books (hopefully).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Mortalis1 View Post
    I think The Face would make for an interesting series, It would be cool to see him in a noirish type story where he gets to use his fear power. Masquarade would make a wicked guest star in this series as well.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Tulku View Post
    I so want more PSP titles. 'Devil, Pyroman, Green Lama, anything! And since they are going forward with the why-did-I-not see-it-coming Dare & 'Devil team up, I am now demanding a Target and Arrow miniseries!!
    Seven books out this week, but no PSP or Terror among them. Drag.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
    Terror #13 is the only superpowers book advertised for July.

Actually, it's probably just to get the scheduling back on track. I feared July would be slow, but I'm thinking August might be like Christmas in summer.
    I so want more PSP titles. 'Devil, Pyroman, Green Lama, anything! And since they are going forward with the why-did-I-not see-it-coming Dare & 'Devil team up, I am now demanding a Target and Arrow miniseries!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Terror #13 is the only superpowers book advertised for July.

Actually, it's probably just to get the scheduling back on track. I feared July would be slow, but I'm thinking August might be like Christmas in summer.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    In that same article he mentions a teamup as well as potential spin offs. So I think we will be hearing more about Project Superpowers soon. I can't wait to see who gets a solo series or mini.
    ________
    MEXICO HOTELS
    Last edited by Mortalis1; 04-21-2011, 07:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I said earlier that the July solicitations would be either feast or famine for us.

Looks like the latter. The preview on newsarama includes no PS material. You'd think they'd include the start of a new series among its top draws.

We'll see.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=25916

Moving forward after this final battle, the heroes established by Ross, Krueger and company won’t be facing careers full of busting bank robbers so much as they’ll struggle with finding their place in a world where they hold more power than anyone could or should have. “Not all these characters have reabsorbed their personal lives as they used to have them, and they’re returned to a world that didn’t know superheroes or has forgotten them. Much of what they have is each other,” Ross explained.
    /
    Now with the characters polished and powered up from their Golden Age roots, all that’s left is for fans to make known which characters they’d like to see take the lead in the next chapter of “Project Superpowers.”

Leave a comment:

Working...
X