Next Mini Series

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King Snarf View Post
    Actually, I think I'd prefer a Big Shots mini starring Face, Skyman, and Marvelo.
    You know something? Oddly enough, these three characters don't excite me in the least and I actually wouldn't mind seeing them killed off toward the end of chapter 2 or sometime in chapter 3, but if they had a limited series I would still buy it since it's DE and all.

Silverstreak, The Ghost, Man-Cat and Pyroman need to be touched upon soon in miniseries, all of which are amazing characters who could "sell" books (hopefully).
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

I thick a big shots tittle could be fun as written by someone like Joe Casey. He could do a weird supersticious kind of thing.
      ________
      Marijuana Card
      Last edited by Mortalis1; 04-21-2011, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by King Snarf View Post
        Actually, I think I'd prefer a Big Shots mini starring Face, Skyman, and Marvelo.
        I agree they need more screen time.
        ________
        WASHINGTON MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES
        Last edited by Mortalis1; 04-21-2011, 08:26 AM.

Comment

What's with the Big Shots? They seem like a totally mismatched group. Were they a team in 40's and if os what brought them together?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
            What's with the Big Shots? They seem like a totally mismatched group. Were they a team in 40's and if os what brought them together?
            The Face, Skyman & Marvelo were the main superheroes of Columbia Comics during the 1940s.

Comment

Originally posted by bchat2 View Post
              The Face, Skyman & Marvelo were the main superheroes of Columbia Comics during the 1940s.
              And Columbia's main series was "Big Shot Comics" which featured all three of the characters, hence the name "Big Shots." I don't think they ever appeared in a story together, but they were each featured in their own stories in most issues.
              DECODER RING THEATRE
              EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
              PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
              PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

Originally posted by MadMikeyD View Post
                And Columbia's main series was "Big Shot Comics" which featured all three of the characters, hence the name "Big Shots." I don't think they ever appeared in a story together, but they were each featured in their own stories in most issues.
                That was my next question; whether they were actually a team "back in the day".

So it's a Watchmen kind of team. Versions of a bunch of heroes who are really only connected by having been part of the same company decades ago.

If that's their only common link, I don't see the point of keeping them together.

Comment

A lot of the the connections between characters in the PSU are based on which companies the characters were published by. In Masquerade's series we saw a lot of her fellow Nedor heroes, like Black Terror, Fighting Yank, and Pyroman, and we've seen that these guys had pretty good relationships. The "Super Mystery Men" all appeared in Ace Publications, who's main title was "Super Mystery Comics." 'Devil, Silver Streak, and The Ghost all appeared in "Silver Streak Comics" from Lev Gleason Publishing. Almost none of these characters ever actually appeared together in stories ("Prize Heroes vs. Frankenstein" and "Daredevil Battles Hitler" being some of the rare exceptions). Still, it makes sense to me that the characters have a closer association with the other heroes from their respective original publishers than with the characters from other companies.
                  DECODER RING THEATRE
                  EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
                  PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
                  PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
                    That was my next question; whether they were actually a team "back in the day".

So it's a Watchmen kind of team. Versions of a bunch of heroes who are really only connected by having been part of the same company decades ago.

If that's their only common link, I don't see the point of keeping them together.
                    They did have several group appearances on the covers of Big Shot comics....

Comment

King Snarf

There used to be someone that went by the name Snarf at NSSS back in '69, any relation?
                      Lothar

Comment

Originally posted by MadMikeyD View Post
                        A lot of the the connections between characters in the PSU are based on which companies the characters were published by. In Masquerade's series we saw a lot of her fellow Nedor heroes, like Black Terror, Fighting Yank, and Pyroman, and we've seen that these guys had pretty good relationships. The "Super Mystery Men" all appeared in Ace Publications, who's main title was "Super Mystery Comics." 'Devil, Silver Streak, and The Ghost all appeared in "Silver Streak Comics" from Lev Gleason Publishing.
                        You know, I had not grasped this point. I was wondering why the Big Shots were called that (they seemed to call themselves that--which struck me as arrogant). I had not appreciated the history that explains why the hero groupings are what they are. Thank you so much for explaining it to me. This is the sort of behind-the-scenes trivia that makes reading the PSP titles so much fun!

Comment

Originally posted by KillerKnight View Post
                          There used to be someone that went by the name Snarf at NSSS back in '69, any relation?
                          Lothar
                          You mean NINETEEN 69? I'm only 32, so doubtful. I picked up this nickname in college- I snorted while laughing once and a buddy said, "Hey, he SNARFED! Snarf snarf snarf." It stuck like glue, and eventually I came to like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tulku View Post
                            You know, I had not grasped this point. I was wondering why the Big Shots were called that (they seemed to call themselves that--which struck me as arrogant). I had not appreciated the history that explains why the hero groupings are what they are. Thank you so much for explaining it to me. This is the sort of behind-the-scenes trivia that makes reading the PSP titles so much fun!
                            It's kind of odd, but I thought from the beginning that Devil's little group meshed realy well together, while the Big Shots don't. Yet they're grouped for pretty well the same reason.

Along the same lines, when we were selecting our core groups just for kicks, I thought of Streak for it, but even though he's had more exposure than some others, it would seem odd to see him involved in the main group.

Comment

Off the current thread direction, but returning to the thread question I would like to see something like:
                              Meet the New Guys

A mini with four self-contained tales, each featuring one of the new heroes (Truth & Dare, and the new American Crusader immediately come to mind; others could follow).

Comment

Originally posted by leonmallett View Post
                                Off the current thread direction, but returning to the thread question I would like to see something like:
                                Meet the New Guys

A mini with four self-contained tales, each featuring one of the new heroes (Truth & Dare, and the new American Crusader immediately come to mind; others could follow).
                                That wouldn't be a bad idea actually. get to know more about them away from the main story and everything else

Comment

Working...
                                X