X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• md62
    started a topic Next Mini Series

Next Mini Series

We know the next mini series is supposed to star The Ghost but after that who do you think deserves the spotlight? I would like to see a second DDD series & a Pyroman book.

Guest replied
    Another thing they could do would be to tell the story from the perspective of a normal person -- who basically vocalizes all the questions and complaints fans have had about the line (Who's this? What's he do? etc etc).

The plot could basically be someone -- say a grad student in a history program -- who uses the heroes reappearance as a jumping off point for their thesis or disertation (their study going from a "whatever happened to?" work to something new). Then Ross and Co. could blend in old adventures (retold/touched up ala Brubaker in Capt America) with new ones.

Leave a comment:

• Ghornet2
    replied
    Originally posted by jsf View Post
    I agree. I definitely want to find out what happened to the characters we've yet to see.

Perhaps they could do a mini called "The Missing", which could have the Superpowers team breaking into small groups and searching for the other heroes.
    That could be interesting. There could even be a couple you retired when the other heroes started to vanish.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by King Snarf View Post
    You know, I wouldn't mind an anthology series focusing on characters we haven't seen much of (U.S. Jones, the Owl) or characters we haven't seen yet (Green Giant, Black Venus, Brad Spencer, etc.).
    I agree. I definitely want to find out what happened to the characters we've yet to see.

Perhaps they could do a mini called "The Missing", which could have the Superpowers team breaking into small groups and searching for the other heroes.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Is the Ghost mini quietly dead in the water?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You know, I wouldn't mind an anthology series focusing on characters we haven't seen much of (U.S. Jones, the Owl) or characters we haven't seen yet (Green Giant, Black Venus, Brad Spencer, etc.).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    My priority #1 within the Superpowers' universe would be one of the most interesting and powerful one, the Green Lama; maybe a Green Lama Year One style :-)

Title Suggestion: (If can't buy out Title Rights from dummy publisher and their pathetic comic attempts)

"Om Mani Padme Hum"

I certainly liked the Meet The Bad Guys miniseries and especially the Green Lama segment, I hope it gets collected in hardcover edition, along with all other Project Superpowers related miniseries and continuations

My Green Lama Movie Page:

http://heroescomics.9f.com/green_lama.htm

My Old Time Radio Green Lama Collection: (1940's)

http://sites.google.com/site/bedardrenaud/greenlama
    Last edited by Renaud; 05-27-2010, 11:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I hope that DE does another 'Devil mini-series.

I'ld like to see some double-sized one-shots rather than another set of mini-series, with a "star" lead feature (Samson, Green Lama, The Flame) along with a back-up story that would spotlight one of the "2nd tier" characters (Hydroman, Target, The Arrow, The Owl) that haven't had their moment in the sun yet.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by leonmallett View Post
    Off the current thread direction, but returning to the thread question I would like to see something like:
    Meet the New Guys

A mini with four self-contained tales, each featuring one of the new heroes (Truth & Dare, and the new American Crusader immediately come to mind; others could follow).
    That wouldn't be a bad idea actually. get to know more about them away from the main story and everything else

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Off the current thread direction, but returning to the thread question I would like to see something like:
    Meet the New Guys

A mini with four self-contained tales, each featuring one of the new heroes (Truth & Dare, and the new American Crusader immediately come to mind; others could follow).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Tulku View Post
    You know, I had not grasped this point. I was wondering why the Big Shots were called that (they seemed to call themselves that--which struck me as arrogant). I had not appreciated the history that explains why the hero groupings are what they are. Thank you so much for explaining it to me. This is the sort of behind-the-scenes trivia that makes reading the PSP titles so much fun!
    It's kind of odd, but I thought from the beginning that Devil's little group meshed realy well together, while the Big Shots don't. Yet they're grouped for pretty well the same reason.

Along the same lines, when we were selecting our core groups just for kicks, I thought of Streak for it, but even though he's had more exposure than some others, it would seem odd to see him involved in the main group.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by KillerKnight View Post
    There used to be someone that went by the name Snarf at NSSS back in '69, any relation?
    Lothar
    You mean NINETEEN 69? I'm only 32, so doubtful. I picked up this nickname in college- I snorted while laughing once and a buddy said, "Hey, he SNARFED! Snarf snarf snarf." It stuck like glue, and eventually I came to like it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by MadMikeyD View Post
    A lot of the the connections between characters in the PSU are based on which companies the characters were published by. In Masquerade's series we saw a lot of her fellow Nedor heroes, like Black Terror, Fighting Yank, and Pyroman, and we've seen that these guys had pretty good relationships. The "Super Mystery Men" all appeared in Ace Publications, who's main title was "Super Mystery Comics." 'Devil, Silver Streak, and The Ghost all appeared in "Silver Streak Comics" from Lev Gleason Publishing.
    You know, I had not grasped this point. I was wondering why the Big Shots were called that (they seemed to call themselves that--which struck me as arrogant). I had not appreciated the history that explains why the hero groupings are what they are. Thank you so much for explaining it to me. This is the sort of behind-the-scenes trivia that makes reading the PSP titles so much fun!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    King Snarf

There used to be someone that went by the name Snarf at NSSS back in '69, any relation?
    Lothar

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
    That was my next question; whether they were actually a team "back in the day".

So it's a Watchmen kind of team. Versions of a bunch of heroes who are really only connected by having been part of the same company decades ago.

If that's their only common link, I don't see the point of keeping them together.
    They did have several group appearances on the covers of Big Shot comics....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X