Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Claw Arrives

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=24791

I'm surprised no one has commented on this, if you have my apologies...a very well executed change to a villian. I could not fathom how they would take a WW2 character whose raison d'etre was "RACIST'' and create a character that retains an evil and a resemblance to the original while removing any stigma or connotation.

Excellent work Mr.Ross...this series is really finding it's legs and bodes well for a new comic book universe.

Ranger01

Great cover, and as noted, rather creepy.
    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Sweet cover! I really do think it's time for The Claw to make his presence felt within the PSU, we need a kick-butt villain who will turn these heroes upside down once they get past Captain Future, The Claw would be perfect for this role. I love the design and I love his history with DDD, this should be very interesting to say the least, excitement abound!
      Dynamite Entertainment
      Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
        I love his history with DDD
        But, is there really any history between the Claw and the 'Devil. If the 'Devil is not Bart Hill, then he has no real history with the Claw. Hmmm....
        DECODER RING THEATRE
        EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
        PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
        PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

Originally posted by MadMikeyD View Post
          But, is there really any history between the Claw and the 'Devil. If the 'Devil is not Bart Hill, then he has no real history with the Claw. Hmmm....
          Very true, but for whatever reason I am thinking that DDD is Bart Hill, I think the story will swerve and it will be revealed eventually but I guess only time will tell. I believe him being mute is a big part of the changes the urn has been known to cause.
          Last edited by comixfan1980; 02-18-2010, 03:49 PM.
          Dynamite Entertainment
          Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

That's my thought as well, but some people would have us believe Bart was never in the Urn and died in the 80s.
            DECODER RING THEATRE
            EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
            PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
            PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

It is a puzzle. The DDD limited series certainly suggested that Bart was never in the urn. But P:SP Chapter 1 #0 has the Fighting Yank mention that DDD almost stopped him (over a picture of a bloodstained boomerang) implying that DDD got sucked in to the urn and the last page of #0 clearly shows DDD floating in the urn with the other heroes. But, back to the DDD series, Curly seems sincere in his belief that he saw Bart die. This is one of my favorite P:SP puzzles. Was the DDD in the urn Bart? Or did somebody else assume his identity just before he got sucked into the urn?

Comment

A different DDD in the urn would explain the "sudden" lack of verbals from him. It wouldn't be the first time a hero changes is wearing the costume. Black Owl comes immediatly to mind. Batman, Iron Man, Captain America?
                Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

You know, a theory I've been considering for a while. What if Bart Hill who survived into the 1980s was actually Bart "Dynamo" Hill. For those who don't know, he was a one-shot Lev Gleason character. He was a timid office worker who was told by his doctor that he only had another day to live. Figuring that he has nothing left to lose, he finds his courage and becomes much more outgoing. He later finds out that the doctor fibbed, but he liked his new outlook on life so much he decided to stick with it.

Like I said, the character only appeared once, so (canonically) we have no idea what he did after Silver Streak Comics #7. Who is to say he didn't take over Daredevil's identity at some point.

Comment

Working...
                  X