Black Terror #11 Cover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Terror #11 Cover

Check out the Black Terror #11 cover. Where can I get my Golden Age Black Terror Mego-style action figure?!?!

DECODER RING THEATRE
    EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
    PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
    PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Hmmm, interesting cover to say the least but I can't say I'm too fond of it, it looks too much like the old Mego figures but I think the one in the background is supposed to be a modern day Black Terror. Just odd....
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
      ... it looks too much like the old Mego figures ...
      I think that's the idea, and that's why I love it. And, being a child of the '70s, Mego figures are the greatest figures ever!
      DECODER RING THEATRE
      EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

Hey MMD,

Not exactly a cover I will be putting front and center of my collection.

Do we know if it represents something as far as the storyline or is it just one of those 'feel good' throwbacks/

I don't mean to rain on your enthusiastic comments, but you're a young guy, us oldsters tend to be less excitable,
        though the cover art Queen Sonja # 4 http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com...C725130135186#

Regards,

Peter
        Last edited by Ranger01; 02-24-2010, 07:05 AM.

Comment

I had a few of those figures too, I got them at a yard sale back in 1984 and I never really liked them due to their poor design, even back then I was a stickler for detail at only 4 years old.

Ranger made a good point in his post as to what the cover represents, I'm thinking there is a reason why BT is portrayed as an action figure on the cover. Maybe some kind of a villain who has control powers who is controlling Terror as if he was an action figure.....?
          Dynamite Entertainment
          Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Mego figures are fun!

I wonder if this is more than just a nostalgic "throwback" ... perhaps a hint of things to come? EMCE Toys has been re-issuing the Mego Star Trek & Planet of The Apes figures for a while now, plus producing the all-new Night of The Living Dead figures in the "Mego Style". Maybe Dynamite has been talking to EMCE?

Comment

EMCE is also working with Mattel on the new Retro-Action DC Super Heroes, which are essentially the DC side of the old Mego World's Greatest Super Heroes with some new characters Mego never released. They're awesome!
              DECODER RING THEATRE
              EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

A mego Black Terror would so Rock!

Comment

Working...
                X