Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSP2 #7/Black Terror #8 (Spoilers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PSP2 #7/Black Terror #8 (Spoilers)

    Both came out this week. I loved BT. Hester & Lau have really fleshed out BT for me in 4 issues & made me wanting to read more about the Black Terror & the Reborn American Crusader.

    PSP2 #7 moved the story along. It still has too large of a cast IMO. The story had to jump around to feature all the characters. There was an interesting page where Green Lama "tests" the Target & theorizes the urn changed the heroes into "creatures of myth". Most of the issue focuses on the search for Flame Girl. There is a great 2 page spread by Salazar where The Flame & Flame Girl are confronted by Zeus. The origin story features The Face.

  • #2
    I really loved P:SP 7 -- I though it had some of Salazar's best art, and I loved the anti-Zeus squad. The Flame and Pyroman are great characters, and the fight next issue looks to be awesome.

    I also dug the scene with the Target. We've got a much better idea of his powers, which are really unique. Hopefully we'll get more of him in the future. He just jumped up a few notches on my "cool" characters list.

    Comment


    • #3
      I had no problem with PSP #7 - I thought it was one of the best so far.

      Black Terror brought a great end to a good story arc, and I was pleased with the outcome. Great stuff.

      Comment


      • #4
        The cast in PSP #7 is large, but I think it is necessary to set up things for the coming issues. In that sense, #7 was a great set-up issue for the big battle next issue.

        I also bought the trade paperback of issues 0 thru 6 and re-read those issues to help remind me of some of the story threads. It has helped me a lot (but, then, I need a lot of help--you wouldn't believe how long it took for me to realize that "Owl" and "Black Owl" are two separate characters). It makes me look forward to the next few issues.

        Black Terror was a good wrap up to that story line (although my favorite issue was the previous one with the Terror v. Dynamic Man battle.)

        Comment


        • #5
          I just read PSP#7 and I thought it was a fantastic issue, one of the best in the second chapter so far in my opinion. Some possible revelations in this issue include Lama believing that all of the heroe's are possibly immortal and "creatures of myth", kind of interesting I suppose but I certainly hope they are not immortal, that would make them less interesting because then they couldn't die. Another possible revelation is that The Flame seems to think that Pyroman could be one of the children of Zues, in fact, he believe that all of the lightning bearers could have possible relations to Zeus, I don't know if this is true or even possible but it looks like Pyroman is going to have a word of "dad" in the next issue.

          I still want more Man-Cat, he's just so cool!

          Anyway, lot's going on and this issue definitly gives me the impression that they are gearing up for something big with the finale for the second chapter just 4 issues away, hopefully we get a huge knockdown dragout battle!
          Dynamite Entertainment
          Forum Administrator


          Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

          Comment


          • #6
            Just read Black Terror #8, I felt is was a great issue story wise but the art was kind of lacking in my opinion, I hear Mike Lilly is coming back so that will definitly fix that problem .

            There is a NEW American Crusader! Thats right, the original died after Terror finally found him and discovered the mystery of what was going on with the Crusader clones and all that jazz, look's like Chamberlain (grandson of an old friend) is taking up the mantle as American Crusader II. Kinda neat....
            Dynamite Entertainment
            Forum Administrator


            Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

            Comment


            • #7
              I liked the story in Superpowers 7, the plot turn with Capt. Future being the possible father of Pyro Man was really cool. I didn't care much for Black Terror 8 though, it was okay but not as good as previous issues.

              Comment


              • #8
                Comixfan 1980 wrote:
                Some possible revelations in this issue include Lama believing that all of the heroe's are possibly immortal and "creatures of myth", kind of interesting I suppose but I certainly hope they are not immortal, that would make them less interesting because then they couldn't die.
                Funny, I had the exact opposite reaction--I was thinking it would be such a relief to have a comic book publisher who didn't fall back on the old stale "the hero has been killed" shocker. Two Major Comics Publishers seem to have gotten into the habit of killing off (temporarily, of course) a major character at the end of every major crossover event (Captain America, Wasp, Batman, the occasional Flash, etc. etc.). It has become boring through repetition and I am coming to consider it as the mark of a lazy writer. Setting it up that the heroes won't die forces the writers to be more creative with their storylines to come up with something gripping!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Tulku View Post
                  Comixfan 1980 wrote:

                  Funny, I had the exact opposite reaction--I was thinking it would be such a relief to have a comic book publisher who didn't fall back on the old stale "the hero has been killed" shocker. Two Major Comics Publishers seem to have gotten into the habit of killing off (temporarily, of course) a major character at the end of every major crossover event (Captain America, Wasp, Batman, the occasional Flash, etc. etc.). It has become boring through repetition and I am coming to consider it as the mark of a lazy writer. Setting it up that the heroes won't die forces the writers to be more creative with their storylines to come up with something gripping!
                  Killing a hero to boost sales of a title has never been my cup of tea, but killing a hero to create a special storyline or to unite a group of characters for something special is always welcome. I wouldn't want "immortal" characters for the fact that they can't die and you know that every challenge they go into wheather they win, lose or draw they will leave the situation alive, there would be no mystery as to the "bad" that could really come out of it.

                  With that said, I HATE when writers kill off a character just to bring him/her back in the near future, thats such a cop-out...
                  Dynamite Entertainment
                  Forum Administrator


                  Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    And then comixfan 1980 wrote:

                    Killing a hero to boost sales of a title has never been my cup of tea, but killing a hero to create a special storyline or to unite a group of characters for something special is always welcome. I wouldn't want "immortal" characters for the fact that they can't die and you know that every challenge they go into wheather they win, lose or draw they will leave the situation alive, there would be no mystery as to the "bad" that could really come out of it.
                    Oh, and:

                    With that said, I HATE when writers kill off a character just to bring him/her back in the near future, thats such a cop-out...
                    Yes, actually I agree with all of that in principle. My problem, perhaps, is that I have become too cynical. If a character were to die and that it would be permanent (like real death), then there would be great dramatic potential to it. But these days major character deaths are never permanent. They are always temporary--it is just a question of how long. Over in the DCU, their ads for "Blackest Night" carried the tag line "The dead will rise!" and my first thought was "Well, that's just a typical month in the DCU. The dead are ALWAYS rising."

                    Still, I agree that the theoretical potential for death is necessary for dramatic tension, so maybe what I really want is that the characters, in theory, could die, but that no writer should ever be allowed to give in to the temptation to do it. Because, if they do, then it is a certainty that either that writer or a subsequent one will bring the character back from the dead, which will then both retroactively cheapen the death story and devalue the character.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
                      Just read Black Terror #8, I felt is was a great issue story wise but the art was kind of lacking in my opinion, I hear Mike Lilly is coming back so that will definitly fix that problem .

                      There is a NEW American Crusader! Thats right, the original died after Terror finally found him and discovered the mystery of what was going on with the Crusader clones and all that jazz, look's like Chamberlain (grandson of an old friend) is taking up the mantle as American Crusader II. Kinda neat....
                      I love that they are willing to take chances with the characters, rather than feel forced to stick with what we know. We won`t always like the changes, but at least when they tease a death, injury, etc, it`ll be believable.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Tulku View Post
                        And then comixfan 1980 wrote:



                        Oh, and:



                        Yes, actually I agree with all of that in principle. My problem, perhaps, is that I have become too cynical. If a character were to die and that it would be permanent (like real death), then there would be great dramatic potential to it. But these days major character deaths are never permanent. They are always temporary--it is just a question of how long. Over in the DCU, their ads for "Blackest Night" carried the tag line "The dead will rise!" and my first thought was "Well, that's just a typical month in the DCU. The dead are ALWAYS rising."

                        Still, I agree that the theoretical potential for death is necessary for dramatic tension, so maybe what I really want is that the characters, in theory, could die, but that no writer should ever be allowed to give in to the temptation to do it. Because, if they do, then it is a certainty that either that writer or a subsequent one will bring the character back from the dead, which will then both retroactively cheapen the death story and devalue the character.
                        Lol...i saw X-Men teasers recently that started with "One will die...". My reaction was "Big damn deal" followed by trying to recall how often each character has.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
                          Lol...i saw X-Men teasers recently that started with "One will die...". My reaction was "Big damn deal" followed by trying to recall how often each character has.
                          Ugh, X-Men has not been good since the mid 90's right before the whole Onslaught ordeal that Marvel did...blah!

                          Anyhow, I can't believe PSv2 is moving along as fast as it has, it's almost over and soon we will be waiting on a prelude to chapter 3....
                          Dynamite Entertainment
                          Forum Administrator


                          Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X