Black Terror #9

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Terror #9

I just recived this in the mail yesterday and I will be reading it today at some point and I will post some thoughts on this issue, but one note I'd like to pass along is that it looks like next issue we are getting a new creative team according to the DE letter page, interesting. Great cover for this issue BTW...
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Okay, so I read BT #9 and I half enjoyed it and half found it too long of a read. There were one or two pages where there was just so much text that it became annoying, but it helped to move the story along so whatever, but there was a lot of stuff gong on in this issue, loads really. It starts off with Terror going to a cemetary with visit the grave of a girl that died because a bullet bounced off him and landed in her in the middle od a robbery, then he is greeted by the girls spirit but it ended up being an old hero named Mystico who tried to trick Terror on behalf of the Mad Magi because Magi hold's Mystico's heart in his hands and wanted Terror as the ransom.

Later on Mystico and Terror devise a plan to get the heart back and we get a short fight between Terror and Mad Magi, but Magi disappears and Mystico ends up giving a ring that was given to him some 4K years ago as a boon from something (or someone) called "RA". It was interesting, but the ring grants a wish when the ring is taken by a new person and Terror end's up with his own floating pirate ship, strange yet kind of cool.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

There was a lot of text. It almost feels like it was two issues compressed into one--the story of the dead girl filling the first half, and the confrontation with the Magi the second. I wonder if the original intention was to make this a two issue storyline and then the editorial decision was made to compress it into one?

Still I liked this story. I particularly like BT's scorn at the thought that his resolve could be shaken so easily. It is not like he is some novice at this.

But getting to the Magi's fight with the Terror: Magi seems to attack him with vines suddenly springing from the earth--rather like the Green Lama's power. I wonder what that signifies?

I see from the coming attractions for May that the second TPB for Black Terror is coming out, featuring the 4 issues of the search for American Crusader plus this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Tulku View Post
        But getting to the Magi's fight with the Terror: Magi seems to attack him with vines suddenly springing from the earth--rather like the Green Lama's power. I wonder what that signifies?
        I'd forgotten about that. Magi's costume looks a lot like Lama's, they have similar powers (?) and Lama went postal at one point. Is there some connection we'll learn about?
        Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
        Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
        http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

This issue was jumbled to me, it was a good read and had good art but I felt the stucture of how it was written was quick and they tried to do too much in this issue. I did like the Magi fight with Terror though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
            I'd forgotten about that. Magi's costume looks a lot like Lama's, they have similar powers (?) and Lama went postal at one point. Is there some connection we'll learn about?
            I assumed that to the point that when Terror said "there's someone I want you to meet" I thought he meant Lama.

I have the same complaint that most everyone seems to have; pacing was off. Really, the first half amounted to build up to Terror being able to say "like hell" which he could have done from the first of Mystico's flashbacks.

Aside from that, I liked it a lot. Love the looks of that ship, and whether intentional of not, I enjoy how this book has come to feature cameos almost every issue.

Comment

decent issue overall. I hope to see more guest characters or team ups in future issues.
              ________
              HERBAL HEALTH SHOP
              Last edited by Mortalis1; 04-21-2011, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X