PSP v3 speculation and discussion.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSP v3 speculation and discussion.

I figured I would start a V3 speculation thread to discuss possible storylines before the series actually hits, so far I'm not sure what to expect but I would assume that we will be treated to a few more new characters all while staying focused on most of the core group of heroes.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Teams?

They ade a point of introducing several new 'teams' so maybe they will focus on the teams. They could do it sort of like the old All Star Comics were each member went of to tackle part of the same problem. Instead of single characters it would be each team (Mysterymen, Scarlet Sisters etc.).
    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Scarlet Sisters would make a nice transitional mini between volumes...

Comment

I was going to state that I wanted Chapter 2 to finish up first before I took any guesses as to what Chapter 3 would entail. But then I realized how silly that was--here I am at issue #8 of Chapter 2, and I don't have any real good guesses how Chapter 2 will end, much less any thoughts about 3!

However, I read somewhere that the focus of Chapter 3 would be on this mythic-essence quality that has been discussed the last couple of issues. I am not quite sure how that is meant to work. Was Captain Future always Zeus in disguise or was he somehow possessed by the spirit of Zeus when he was in the urn? If it was a possession thing, then are the other heroes similar possessed by the Greek gods (and perhaps other mythic gods--no need to be so Eurocentric about this)? If Cap Future was always Zeus, then maybe the time in the urn with him has imbued the other heroes with characteristics of the other Greek gods just by association. After all, wasn't Zeus the father of all the other gods? If so, then all the other ones are In a sense) a part of Zeus and so, being in captivity with him, the heroes may have absorbed those elements from him. Masquerade, for example, has nifty new powers where she inhabits the brains of others--and wasn't Athena the goddess of the mind? Is Black Terror's rage an aspect of Mars, the god of war? Lady Satan has redubbed herself Hades--perhaps reflecting an aspect of Pluto, god of the underworld? Hydro and Poseidon? The Arrow and Diana the huntress?

So admittedly I am several miles down the road of speculation and could have made several wring turns, but if I am right about all of that then maybe Chapter 3 will be the heroes exploring and learning about their new "godlike" abilities--and coming to terms with them.

Hmmmm. Wonder who got influenced by Aphrodite....?

Comment

Originally posted by Tulku View Post
          I was going to state that I wanted Chapter 2 to finish up first before I took any guesses as to what Chapter 3 would entail. But then I realized how silly that was--here I am at issue #8 of Chapter 2, and I don't have any real good guesses how Chapter 2 will end, much less any thoughts about 3!

However, I read somewhere that the focus of Chapter 3 would be on this mythic-essence quality that has been discussed the last couple of issues. I am not quite sure how that is meant to work. Was Captain Future always Zeus in disguise or was he somehow possessed by the spirit of Zeus when he was in the urn? If it was a possession thing, then are the other heroes similar possessed by the Greek gods (and perhaps other mythic gods--no need to be so Eurocentric about this)? If Cap Future was always Zeus, then maybe the time in the urn with him has imbued the other heroes with characteristics of the other Greek gods just by association. After all, wasn't Zeus the father of all the other gods? If so, then all the other ones are In a sense) a part of Zeus and so, being in captivity with him, the heroes may have absorbed those elements from him. Masquerade, for example, has nifty new powers where she inhabits the brains of others--and wasn't Athena the goddess of the mind? Is Black Terror's rage an aspect of Mars, the god of war? Lady Satan has redubbed herself Hades--perhaps reflecting an aspect of Pluto, god of the underworld? Hydro and Poseidon? The Arrow and Diana the huntress?

So admittedly I am several miles down the road of speculation and could have made several wring turns, but if I am right about all of that then maybe Chapter 3 will be the heroes exploring and learning about their new "godlike" abilities--and coming to terms with them.

Hmmmm. Wonder who got influenced by Aphrodite....?
          I think you are including both Greek and Roman names, including some overlapping entities.

It would be awesome if someone were bonded with Iapetus, a Titan, brother of Cronos, uncle to Zeus and father of Atlas and Hephaestus.

Also - if before entering the urn, Captain Future was Zeus, the progenitor of much of the Greek pantheon, why would those trapped in the urn with him have to be bonded to already existing Greek deities? Couldn't Zeus continue his god-making and turn them into all-new deities?

Comment

Originally posted by Chiclo View Post
            I think you are including both Greek and Roman names, including some overlapping entities.
            Wouldn't surprise me in the least. It has been about 30 years since I last studied the respective pantheons!

Originally posted by Chiclo View Post
            Also - if before entering the urn, Captain Future was Zeus, the progenitor of much of the Greek pantheon, why would those trapped in the urn with him have to be bonded to already existing Greek deities? Couldn't Zeus continue his god-making and turn them into all-new deities?
            Yes, there are a few holes in my theory.

Comment

I wasn't trying to poke holes in your theory, just offer a few possible tweaks.

Comment

In another thread, Captain Canuck wrote:

The whole immortality thing is taken further this issue...and I hope it goes away when Zeus does, somehow. Or perhaps affected some and not others.

I know, I know...No one dies in comics anyway. Still, knowing that the characters are literally immortal takes away some suspense for me.
                I wonder if this will actually be the plot line for Chapter 3...not just exploring the myth link, but breaking it so that the immortality thing goes away. The reason I am thinking this is that, at the very end of Chapter 1, there is the following exchange between the Fighting Yank and the American Spirit:

Yank: Will I see you again, Spirit?
                Spirit: When you do, it means one of your number is going to die.

This implies that the Spirit knows one of them will die--which will be rather difficult if they all stay immortal.

A slight caveat here, because the American Spirit has been shown again in the Fighting Yank's installment of Meet the Bad Guys, despite none of the Yank's number conspicuously dying. However, we don't know WHEN Meet The Bad Guys is set. It could occur after Chapter 3! After all, it is not like we have actually seen the Revolutionary in Chapter 2.

So how is this for a plot twist: Chapter 3 has our heroes getting used to being immortal and taking foolish risks. Suddenly, the myth-power is broken . . . and one of them dies (just in time for the American Spirit to float in and say "I told ya so!").

Or we could just chalk up Meet The Bad Guys to a continuity glitch. After all, I am still trying to figure out why, if the Green Lama can bring the dead back to life as he does in his solo shot, he didn't just bring Tsarong back to life after he died. No wonder Bloodlust is so ticked at him!

Comment

Re: the Spirit ... the Scarab's not immortal. I half expect him to be the casualty.

Re: Chapter 3 ... I think they'll do something with a space setting. Given that the Claw supposedly came from the moon, and there are a host of space characters we've not seen, I think they'll weave the two together.

Just my guess.

Comment

Working...
                  X