Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superpowers #8 (spoilers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Superpowers #8 (spoilers)

    Out today!

    The whole immortality thing is taken further this issue...and I hope it goes away when Zeus does, somehow. Or perhaps affected some and not others.

    I know, I know...No one dies in comics anyway. Still, knowing that the characters are literally immortal takes away some suspense for me.

    Solid issue overall, though I`d say I enjoyed the previous couple of issues more. Loved the giant shadow moment, and of course the set up for the forthcoming scrap between Devil and...huh...the guy chasing him around (who seemed to get to DC awful fast...).

    I know this is function of telling a dramatic story, but as cool as Kid Terror`s return was, why did it take him that long to returnm but it only took Lady Satan a few minutes. I`m sure one of you will come up with a good reason, but you`re not the ones who should be clarifying it.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
    I know this is function of telling a dramatic story, but as cool as Kid Terror`s return was, why did it take him that long to returnm but it only took Lady Satan a few minutes. I`m sure one of you will come up with a good reason, but you`re not the ones who should be clarifying it.
    A fair question and one I puzzled over. But maybe you actually are on to something here with your wondering if the immortality thing would end with Zeus being disposed of. Maybe the resurrection time depends on just how close a person is to Zeus. Lady Satan was right there next to him. Kid Terror was on the other side of the world (almost). Samson and the Target were "killed" near Zeus but, unlike Lady Satan, shortly thereafter Zeus disappeared from the scene, so that their resurrections (while still faster than Kid Terror) took longer.

    But, yes, you are right. It is something that really needs to be clarified within the story itself, and not by fan speculation.

    Comment


    • #3
      I should say that this is my first exposure to Lady Satan so I'm glad to see something done to see her stand out since she just sort of...appeared. And if SOME characters are specifically linked to deities from Greek mythology (was it you that suggested Black Terror as Aries?...good call!) then I can live with that. But ALL of them would be a little much for me since they were referred to as being hundreds in the urn.

      It could create another cause for conflict though. One character might want nothing to do with immortality. Another might think it's the greatest thing. What if only on the Flame got it, but not Flame Girl? Sooner or later, that has to end badly and they'd know it.

      Curious as to where they're going with this, despite some concerns...I'm in for the long haul anyway...

      Comment


      • #4
        I have still yet to read this issue even though I have had it for over a week now, I'm going to finally read it today at some point, in fact, I think I'm going to re-read issues 1-7 of v2 as well just for kicks.

        Just flipping through the new issue I can tell there is lots of action and the art is very strong, so it looks as if it will be a good read. I'll post my thoughts on it later on.
        Dynamite Entertainment
        Forum Administrator


        Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

        Comment


        • #5
          The fight with Zues was pretty cool, but what was even cooler was the resting place that the other were unknowingly building for him when they catch him, that was a cool little piece of story. Also, I loved the interction between West and Lama, looks like we may see a possible team up between all heroes and villains to stop an even bigger threat, this could get very interesting to say the least and it's already started. I'm really interested to see what becomes of both Man-Cat calling out for Black Terror and the "Hades" situation that Lady Satan is going through.

          One thing that struck me as kind of odd was the way Black Terror acted when DDD was confronted by the guy in the crowd, he acted like a child in my opinion and it was totally against his character. Strange.
          Dynamite Entertainment
          Forum Administrator


          Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

          Comment


          • #6
            Looks like Tim is rising from the grave and want's to get revenge, this will be very fun to follow and I hope they shed some light on what is going on with Tim and why he had happen to him what did.

            Also, where is the continuity between Black Terrors series and the volume 3 of Superpowers? I think Terror is ahead of volume 2 in storyline.....

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
              One thing that struck me as kind of odd was the way Black Terror acted when DDD was confronted by the guy in the crowd, he acted like a child in my opinion and it was totally against his character. Strange.
              It didn't strike me as all that out of character, but I may have been putting a different frame of reference on it. Since coming out of the urn, the only "family" these heroes have is each other. So in my mind, BT was reacting as he would if somebody were to attack (verbally) one of his family--sort of like a big brother.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Tulku View Post
                It didn't strike me as all that out of character, but I may have been putting a different frame of reference on it. Since coming out of the urn, the only "family" these heroes have is each other. So in my mind, BT was reacting as he would if somebody were to attack (verbally) one of his family--sort of like a big brother.
                I think BT has also clearly been written to be struggling to cope with his rage his emotions when angered very much drive him. It makes him a more flawed, and so more compelling character for me, since his noblity is compromised by that rage.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Chadster View Post
                  Looks like Tim is rising from the grave and want's to get revenge, this will be very fun to follow and I hope they shed some light on what is going on with Tim and why he had happen to him what did.

                  Also, where is the continuity between Black Terrors series and the volume 3 of Superpowers? I think Terror is ahead of volume 2 in storyline.....
                  I feel like Black Terror's series is far ahead of PSP volume 2, mainly because of what Terror is doing in his series versus what is going on in the current PSP v2. For instance, Black Terror just got a ship in the latest issue of his series while no ship has been mentioned in the current storyline so that leads me to think that BT's series is probably taking place inbetween v2 and v3 of Superpowers.
                  Dynamite Entertainment
                  Forum Administrator


                  Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
                    I feel like Black Terror's series is far ahead of PSP volume 2, mainly because of what Terror is doing in his series versus what is going on in the current PSP v2. For instance, Black Terror just got a ship in the latest issue of his series while no ship has been mentioned in the current storyline so that leads me to think that BT's series is probably taking place inbetween v2 and v3 of Superpowers.
                    In general, I agree with you. We haven't seen the new American Crusader in PSP v.2 either. However, PSP v.2 #5 does feature the Black Terror enjoying a slaughter of Crusader clones--a quest he started in BT #5. Now, because BT #6-8 all run together as a single day's activity, I would say that PSP v.2 #5 occurs during BT #5--and perhaps the rest of PSP v2 occurs at about that same point. The Terror would have to take a break from his quest to kill the Crusader clones to finish off the activity of Chapter 2, but that isn't a huge leap to make.

                    So, yes, I agree that the recent BT comics happen between Chapters 2 & 3 of PSP.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Do we know when #9 is due and will it be back on track as monthly then?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Today

                        Originally posted by leonmallett View Post
                        Do we know when #9 is due and will it be back on track as monthly then?
                        Diamond lists #9 as coming out today (5/26) . Who knows if it will be back on track.
                        Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                        Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                        http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
                          Diamond lists #9 as coming out today (5/26) . Who knows if it will be back on track.
                          Yes, it is out and it is fabulous! It deserves its own thread to discuss the several great things about this issue, but to carry on a thought that was started earlier in THIS thread: At least now we have a firmer sense of where the Black Terror issues fall in the time line! The new American Crusader makes his appearance in PSP Chapter 2!! How great is that???

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Only 4 issues left of PSP v2, I wonder how they plan on closing out the series and if it's going to leave any major ramifications on the universe (I'm sure it will)?

                            I have yet to recieve my new issue of PSP in the mail, hopefully it comes tomorrow though....
                            Dynamite Entertainment
                            Forum Administrator


                            Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X