Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Project Superpowers character has the "coolest" design?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Project Superpowers character has the "coolest" design?

So, of all the characters introduced and reintroduced through Project Superpowers which one has the best and/or coolest look in your opinion? Or to phrase it differently, which character would make the coolest posters if a bunch of great artists got around to wanting to do a series of posters for a specific hero/villain?

My pick goes to Man-Cat. I just love this characters design and the way he looks, he just seems like he would make a great pinup character for the PSU. Also, I have to give Black Terror props, he has "the look" and would make a great poster hanging up on the wall and when that time comes I can see him being the guy they choose to do this with.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

I think Black Terror gets my vote followed by Dynamic Man and the Ghost. On the other hand, I believe Boy-King needs a huge revamp!

Comment

Boy King is definitely old school...I think the Face and Lama look pretty cool, and lets not forget the Scarab.(even though he has been updated)
      ________
      Herbal Vaporizers Vaporization
      Last edited by Mortalis1; 04-21-2011, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Of the villains, I'd say Emperor Tseng II definitely has the best look for a poster. He'd have to be in the background.

For the heroes, I'd say the Target, Mr. Face, Black Terror, Devil, Truth and Dare and Masquerade all would make good posters.

Comment

Seng II definitly looks cool, I hope he gets some more story time in the books sooner than later, because of his lack of time I can't determine if he's a powerhouse or a "brainy" villain. I think The Ghost has a really cool design too, he would make a great glow in the dark poster and action figure in my opinion.
          Dynamite Entertainment
          Forum Administrator

Comment

Though her design hasn't changed much, I like Black Venus's look. Rrraowr....

Otherwise, I'll go with Man-Cat.

Comment

Black Terror. His costume was great back in the 40's & it still is today & it will be great 50 years from now!

Comment

Yeah, Black Terror totally takes the cake. He's just got an awesome, timeless design. I also really like Samson's non-costume, and for some reason, I like Hydro's look. It's just so 1930's adventurer.

Comment

Black Terror is kind of Batman and Superman all rolled into one and is without the doubt the "poster boy" for the PSU, his costume is most certainly timeless and just plain "cool". Devil has a great look to him too, I'm surpised DE has yet to really capitolize on DDD's popularity and give him more story time and another mini series or something.
                  Dynamite Entertainment
                  Forum Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
                    Black Terror is kind of Batman and Superman all rolled into one and is without the doubt the "poster boy" for the PSU, his costume is most certainly timeless and just plain "cool". Devil has a great look to him too, I'm surpised DE has yet to really capitolize on DDD's popularity and give him more story time and another mini series or something.
                    DDD is an excellent example of a design being good because of how simple it is.

Comment

DDD and Black Terror are definitely the top two. As number three I like Masquerade. She has a simple noir feeling with a touch od sex appeal and danger.
                      Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                      Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                      http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

The simple design of Devil' works for me, the spikes on his belt and the boomarangs are a nice touch and I think many would agree. Terror just looks plain bad ass.

Comment

A few years ago when I interviewed Pete Morisi for The Comic Book Artists, I asked Pete about his favorite customes and also listed my favorite designs. My favorite designs are Batman, Capt. America, Daredevil, the Black Terror and Spiderman. If I were to add a sixth, it would be the Flame. When Dynamite first started Project Superpowers, I had expected Daredevil, the Black Terror and the Flame to be the top favorite for Dynamite. So far, they have not done that much with the Flame.

Comment

I was reminded of a portion of an interview I read in which one of the Dynamite staff explained that way the rights thing works, if I remember correctly, is that whatever additions (for lack of a better term) they apply to a character, they basically own. The example given was that if they do Dracula, they can't do Bela lugosi, but whatever uniqueness they bring to their own version, they own.

I suspect this is why some of their characters have very distinctive features from the originals either in appearance (Silver Streak being the example that comes to mind) or in newfound abilities from being in the urn.
                            Last edited by Captain Canuck; 05-08-2010, 11:07 AM.

Comment

After reading the Meet the Bad Guys tpb, I gotta say Samson's design is pretty cool. The GA Samson was basically a guy in a furry loincloth- nothing to distinguish him from cavemen or jungle heroes. This design of Samson, while still featuring said loincloth, just feels more Old Testamenty. Samson looks like he's ready for some smitin'.

Comment

Working...
                              X