Who're the most popular characters?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who're the most popular characters?

Hey, all. New member. I recently discovered Project Superpowers, and so far, I've liked what I've read- so much so that I've written a few blogs about it.

Anyway, I was going to stat up a few of the PS characters for the Mutants & Masterminds game system, but I was curious as to who're the biggest characters in the series?

My top 3 would be: The Black Terror. The 'Devil. Green Lama.

Comment

Originally posted by md62 View Post
      My top 3 would be: The Black Terror. The 'Devil. Green Lama.
      Without a doubt those are the big three for the Superpowers line up.

A second tier would include Masquerade (only because she had her own mini), Fighting Yank (for his prominence in the first mini), Pyro Man, Hydro and the Scarab. Everybody else fades into the background to varying degrees.

Comment

The most popular to the masses would definitly be Black Terror and DDD, but to the older crowd who loved these characters as a kid it would probably be Lama and DDD, or maybe Lama and Yank.
        Dynamite Entertainment
        Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Originally posted by Chiclo View Post
          Without a doubt those are the big three for the Superpowers line up.

A second tier would include Masquerade (only because she had her own mini), Fighting Yank (for his prominence in the first mini), Pyro Man, Hydro and the Scarab. Everybody else fades into the background to varying degrees.
          I don't think I'll be doing Scarab anytime soon as a) I haven't read enough with him in it, and b) I'm focusing on the characters as they appeared in the Golden Age (or a close approximation thereof).

Daredevil was actually the first I statted up; you can see my efforts here.

As for the other characters, they're all on my short list, as from my tentative research (fully detailed here), they're the most popular, with the exception of Pyroman, who I was going to do anyway, as energy controllers are fairly easy to stat up with the M&M system.

Comment

Death Defyin' Devil and Black Terror have seem to taken off well for Dynamite, I think Ghost is getting there as well but Devil' and Terror are definitly at the fore front of popularity and Triple D NEEDS his own series.....soon!

Comment

Black Terror, Green Lama, Samson and The Face are my favorites.
              ________
              Motorcycle Tires
              Last edited by Mortalis1; 04-21-2011, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Yeah, Samson's pretty cool. I'm surprised at all the love for Hydro; I admittedly haven't read much of the series yet (which will be rectified shortly), but I'm pleasantly surprised that a guy who turns into water is so highly regarded.

Comment

Hydro is fairly popular with fans of the PSP series, I like him but I'm not thirsting at the hope of an ongoing Hydroman series or anything, he's just a nice accessory to the team is all. I think Black Terror, Lama and DDD will pretty much remain the "big three" of the universe until DE either creates a new hero for the universe that takes the world by storm or ressurects a hero that for some reason breaks the door down and excites people.

It could happen at any time really.
                  Dynamite Entertainment
                  Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
                    Hydro is fairly popular with fans of the PSP series, I like him but I'm not thirsting at the hope of an ongoing Hydroman series or anything, he's just a nice accessory to the team is all. I think Black Terror, Lama and DDD will pretty much remain the "big three" of the universe until DE either creates a new hero for the universe that takes the world by storm or ressurects a hero that for some reason breaks the door down and excites people.

It could happen at any time really.
                    I'd love to see the new American Crusader break-through; he has a great design and (along with Truth and Dare, Scarab et al) an origin that extends beyond the original Golden Age.

Comment

Working...
                    X