Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents in Project Superpowers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents in Project Superpowers?

I just found out that the Silver Age versions of the T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents are part of the public domain, and I was wondering if they may show up in future issues of Project Superpowers?

I don't know. Considering that DC is planning a revival, that might make things tricky, legally speaking. Personally, I'd just rather they stick with obscure Golden Age Heroes. My short list that I'd like to see includes Speed the Centaur, the Iron Skull, Detective Eye, and Mother Hubbard.

Comment

I hope they don't incorporate more characters into their universe. They'e already got so many they can't give them enough screen time as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by jsf View Post
        I hope they don't incorporate more characters into their universe. They'e already got so many they can't give them enough screen time as it is.
        As much as I like the T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents, I have to agree. There are more than enough characters already floating around in the P:SP universe. That's why I'd like to see a book like JSA Classified. One or two issue stories for some who might get a series or just have a story to tell.
        Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
        Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
        http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 1980's Man View Post
          I just found out that the Silver Age versions of the T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents are part of the public domain, and I was wondering if they may show up in future issues of Project Superpowers?
          Are you basing this on the 26-years old claim by David M. Singer that they were in the public domain? I ask that as a lawsuit settled in John Carbonaro's favour in court, and Carbonaro seemed very careful about maintaining his ownership of the copyright and trademarks. So I seriously doubt any claims that they are freely avaialble as being public domain.

Comment

Originally posted by jsf View Post
            That will change when/if they get away from the chapter format and start giving some of the heroes monthly books, hopefully after PSP v3 the universe is fully fleshed out and a lot of these heroes and villains end up with their own titles and everyone can begin to get some storytime instead of being crammed together in a single title.

I would assume that this will happen after chapter 3 is all said and done with, but you never know, DE may decide to keep releasing Project Superpowers as a maxi-series rather than individual titles (I hope not).
            Dynamite Entertainment
            Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Originally posted by leonmallett View Post
              Are you basing this on the 26-years old claim by David M. Singer that they were in the public domain? I ask that as a lawsuit settled in John Carbonaro's favour in court, and Carbonaro seemed very careful about maintaining his ownership of the copyright and trademarks. So I seriously doubt any claims that they are freely avaialble as being public domain.
              No. It's based on new evidence. I am not a lawyer, so I am not sure how valid it is, but lots of people are persuaded.

Comment

Working...
              X