Project Superpowers #9 (Spoilers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Superpowers #9 (Spoilers)

Just re-read this issue again, it's a great one and I really loved the art in this specific issue, it looked very good and the panels were layed out very well, it was just good quality all around. I was suprised about one thing though, the new American Crusader pops up and is introduced to the team by Black Terror and there is a little box referencing BT #5-8, but I thought that these issues of BT took place long after volume 2 was finished, but I guess I was wrong. This shocked me a little, but I guess it works out, though a little strangely in my opinion.

Also, we get shades of Green Lama vs Black Terror once again, Terror tossed Lama to the floor and Lama responds with some vines that are chopped away by Terrors sword, Lama then asks Terror "Is this how your going to earn a seat with the Supremecy?". Ouch, that was a harsh thing to say. We also get to see Kid Terror vs Kid Terror one on one with Man-Cat being the deciding factor, it was really kind of cool how that story all worked out, but there is so much more to tell after the final panel. Awesome stuff!
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Yes, Lama's comment was harsh--but then so was Terror's "you weren't in the urn" comment. And, at least from my perspective, Jet is right. Okay, the Supremacy running things from behind the scenes is bad. But is taking over the Pentagon by force really so much better? Isn't Jet right-- Black Terror is acting as a god imposing his will on Earth; not all that much different from Zeus?

This issue is great for the way it blurs the lines between the characters. President West--where does he fall? Mrs. Octopus doesn't seem to think he is suitable for the Supremacy anymore, but I doubt that the Superpowers trust him. And then there is the Dynamic Family--where are they on the scale now? Heroes? Villains? Or in that large gray area in between? PSP Chapter 1 gave us heroes and villains, but (as promised) Chapter 2 is tearing that apart. It no longer is so clear who the "bad" guy is. Or, for that matter, who the good guy is.

Comment

I really liked it. I loved seeing Kid Terror beating up on Dynamic Boy. I will say it again. I am glad I stuck with this series after being disappointed with Chapter One. Both Chapter Two & The Black Terror series have improved immensely!

Comment

Finally got my hands on this book. I struggled to find it this time around.

While not crazy about the immortality thing, the Terror/Lama conflict was very welcomed. It just makes sense that two characters with different backgrounds would differ in opinion as to how to achieve their mission.

Looks like the Dynamic family will turn. Nice. Their attempts at making up for their past might make for a good story.

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
        I was suprised about one thing though, the new American Crusader pops up and is introduced to the team by Black Terror and there is a little box referencing BT #5-8, but I thought that these issues of BT took place long after volume 2 was finished, but I guess I was wrong.
        Not to be continuity cop, but the current issues of Terror feel like they should take place after volume two. Masquerade comments on Flame's love for Flame Girl in PS9 as though she's surprised by its intensity, but she merged with him in BT9 already.

There's a point during the earlier PS books though when Terror jumps into a battle against the Crusaders out of nowhere. My guess is that this is right after the new Crusader was born and Terror was continuing to find all the copies to destroy them.

This would have been less confusing had the issues come out on time, of course.
        Last edited by comixfan1980; 06-12-2010, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X