Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What character(s) do you want to see more of?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What character(s) do you want to see more of?

Project: Superpowers has a large cast. As such, while some get a lot of screen time (Black Terror, 'Devil, and Green Lama), others not so much. Heck, some P:SP characters haven't even made an official debut yet! So, who'd you want to see get more attention?

Pyroman tends to be a popular choice for this kind of thing, but really he gets a fair amount of face time.

Among those you see very little, I'd like for The Owl to get a little spotlight. he just kind of...showed up and is included in crowd shots a lot, but does very little.

Comment

Yes, I'd have to agree that we need to see more of the Owl. He has a distinctive costume, but it is not entirely clear what it is that he does. Other than fly, apparently.

By the way, I am treating this separately from the "who do you want to see in a miniseries" question that is elsewhere on this board. I have a number of characters I want to see solo. I am treating this question more as who should get a little more face time in guest shot appearances.

Of course, with Black Terror getting a Parrot in his own book, maybe the Owl will go over for a visit!

Comment

I would love to see more of Pyroman because I believe that he could really become a major part of the PSP universe and has really shined in the volume 2 of Project Superpowers, but more so I'd like to see more Man-Cat because I love his design, plus I bet he would have a great backstory to him.
        Dynamite Entertainment
        Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

I'd like to see more U.S. Jones, given his initial role in BT. I'd also like to see more of the Arrow, and eventually find out what's happened to the remaning missing heroes (like Green Mask, Green Giant, etc.).

Comment

I thought U.S Jones was dead or did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by Chadster View Post
              I thought U.S Jones was dead or did I miss something?
              I don't recall him dying. Actually, the only hero-death I can remember is Truth--and I am assuming that that is temporary. He is just too intriguing a character to create just to write off.

Well, I guess technically Fighting Yank died, but that doesn't really count.

Comment

Like I said before, Pyroman has been such a major key in the volume 2 series of PSP books that I feel both he and The Flame deserve mini's to tell some of their story, but I don't see that happening unfortunetely. Pyroman has proved to be a powerhouse, he helped out in the Pentagon and he's doing his best against Zues, so he fan get the job done when need be, he just needs a little nudge in the right direction via a spotlight of his own.
                Dynamite Entertainment
                Forum Administrator

Comment

I'd also like to see more of the "Super Mystery Men" (or Ace Comics characters).

I've recently been reading some of their adventures that I found online, and they're not half-bad. Almost all of them can fly, have enhanced strength, and are quasi-invulnerable -- the brief battle we saw in Chapter 2, issue 7 didn't really do them justice. I think, given the way they were portrayed originally, they may have actually been able to beat the Superpowers team.

Anyways, now that I've read some of their adventures, they're much more interesting. Lash Lightning is a semi-Shazam derivative (an old man known as the 'man of they pyramid' gives him his powers, which are very much like Captain Marvel's combined with the Human Torch -- only he has control over lightning rather than flame). Captain Courageous and the Unknown Soldier are both Superman types (regarding their power sets), only with a patriotic motif (and Capt Courageous apparently had adventures set in the Pacific theatre, given that his archenemy is "Captain Nippo", a Japanese bad guy). Magno's the same, but with magnetic powers. Vulcan is like Lightning, only with control over fire, while the Sword and Raven are more "street level types". While they're all sort of generic, regarding personalities, etc -- they're all fairly powerful, and utlimately interesting composites of more popular characters from that period (Capt. Marvel & the Human Torch; Superman and Capt. America; etc.).

Definitely worth seeing more of, at least with a set of stand alone one-shots or some sort of brief miniseries.
                  Last edited by jsf; 07-14-2010, 09:29 AM.

Comment

More Big Shots, please. Especially the Skyman!

Comment

I never chimed in when this thread kicked off, but I'd like to see moe of the 'new' characters such as truth & Dare (assuming an eventual return for Truth), the new American Crusader, and the villains from Meet The Bad Guys.

Comment

More Man-Cat, The Flame and Pyroman would be fun, especially is Pyroman got a mini-series for himself and the other two were more prominent in the PSP universe in volume 3. I liked all 3 heroes involvement in the 2nd volume and I feel like Man-Cat could be a breakout character with a sweet storyline and some interaction with the others, but only if he can get over his feral tendancies.
                        Dynamite Entertainment
                        Forum Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
                          I feel like Man-Cat could be a breakout character with a sweet storyline and some interaction with the others, but only if he can get over his feral tendancies.
                          It's probably what you meant, but he should only get partially over them, IMO. Wolverine was at his best when you there was the underlying threat that he might pop at any time. Man-Cat should be similar and somewhat dependent on kitten to keep him in check.

Comment

More Patriots vs Black Terror!

Comment

Originally posted by jsf View Post
                              Magno's the same, but with magnetic powers.
                              Good suggestion! Considering the events of X-mas Carol, we definitely need to see more of Magno.

Comment

Working...
                              X