Project Superpowers #10 (spoilers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Superpowers #10 (spoilers)

Okay so I finished this issue and it was very, VERY good! First off it stars with the Big Shots finishing their contraption that they plan on using on Zues, then the story shifts to yet another alteration between Terror and Lama, it was very well written and makes it hard to decided who is right in their little struggle. Anyway, we get a nice interaction a little later between Lama and Yank, including a splash page that was kind of inspirational in a way, it kind of reminded me of a "Rocky" moment for whatever reason.

The biggest bombshell of the issue was that we learn that Bart Hill is indeed dead and the person (or thing) that is inhabiting the DDD suit may not be on the good side of the Superpowers and may have alterior intentions, pretty intense if I do say so myself. I really enjoyed this issue, there was a lot of revelations and some really great and well written moments, the ending was great as well because right as they think they have finally trapped Zues....think again.
    Last edited by comixfan1980; 06-28-2010, 05:48 PM.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Oooh, look at you. Getting the comic books a couple of days early.

I'm just yanking your chain. Sounds pretty good and I look forward to reading it when I get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiclo View Post
      Oooh, look at you. Getting the comic books a couple of days early.

I'm just yanking your chain. Sounds pretty good and I look forward to reading it when I get it.
      Just a benefit of being....me. Just kidding, but it's a nice benfit of being the admin thats for sure.
      Dynamite Entertainment
      Forum Administrator

Comment

Good issue, although it feels like they're rushing the conclusion just a bit. The dialogue/exchange between Lama and Terror sounded like a plot beat that was being treated like a loose end: make sure these points are mentioned, just to tie this subplot up. And the return of the Claw feels really rushed, given that the focus of the series has been on the battle with Zeus. Four or five issues of fighting with him, and apparently we're going to get an issue or a little more of the fight with the Claw? Unless there's some sort of twist coming (such as the heroes losing), I get the feeling that things are being tied up because sales have dipped so badly (and the series shed about 2/3 it's readership from what I've read).

That said, I really did enjoy the issues, and am glad to see the heroes really coming together to fight Zeus. I wasn't clear on one thing, which was the indication that perhaps Prometheus' flame had put all this in play (i.e. trapping the heroes, etc) as part of its revenge on Zeus. If so, cool! If not, the I'm confused. And the 'Devil reveal was all sorts of awesome (especially the insinuation that maybe he knew what Fighting Yank was doing and went along with it).

Still, a good read -- and I guess I'm just sad to see the series coming to a close. I really want to keep reading more about these characters.

Comment

Originally posted by jsf View Post
          Unless there's some sort of twist coming (such as the heroes losing), I get the feeling that things are being tied up because sales have dipped so badly (and the series shed about 2/3 it's readership from what I've read).
          No, I have to disagree with that. I think this is the story as originally conceived, with no rush dictated by sales. Do you think it is a coincidence that the real large version of the Claw (made of humans) occurs in the same issue as the real large version of Zeus (made of metal)? Yes, there are two separate story strands (Zeus and Claw), but I suspect that they are merging--as was always intended.

Having said that, let me point out that I did not see any of this coming, and I am just guessing about the end. That is what makes this series so good. The writing and plotting is fabulous. If only DE spent more time on this rather than selling their souls to Kevin Smith and his utterly predictable Green Hornet story.

Still, a good read -- and I guess I'm just sad to see the series coming to a close. I really want to keep reading more about these characters.
          As I understand it, Chapter 3 is in the works. But, as always, it is a shame that we don't have more PSP series to read in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by Tulku View Post

As I understand it, Chapter 3 is in the works. But, as always, it is a shame that we don't have more PSP series to read in the meantime.

I'm hearing thing. Thats all I'm going to say at this time.
            Dynamite Entertainment
            Forum Administrator

Comment

Another good issue for me; as this second chapter has progressed I feel the series and plots' focus have gotten stronger, and the pace has stepped up to a good point.

I loved the 'Devil reveal, and look forwards to see where his story will go next.

I think I see how the Claw will emerge, and it will be interesting for the heroes to face two villains also possibly facing each other.
              Last edited by leonmallett; 07-02-2010, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tulku View Post
                No, I have to disagree with that. I think this is the story as originally conceived, with no rush dictated by sales. Do you think it is a coincidence that the real large version of the Claw (made of humans) occurs in the same issue as the real large version of Zeus (made of metal)? Yes, there are two separate story strands (Zeus and Claw), but I suspect that they are merging--as was always intended.

Having said that, let me point out that I did not see any of this coming, and I am just guessing about the end. That is what makes this series so good. The writing and plotting is fabulous. If only DE spent more time on this rather than selling their souls to Kevin Smith and his utterly predictable Green Hornet story.

Hope you're right -- but the impression I get (and it's just an impression) is that things are being brought together really quickly. Not that I'm not enjoying it -- because I am. But I'd rather see the Claw subplot develop more fully than it seems to be.

And I really look forward to a Chapter 3. P:SP is by far my favorite superhero universe, and I definitely want to see things develop.

Comment

but the impression I get (and it's just an impression) is that things are being brought together really quickly. Not that I'm not enjoying it -- because I am. But I'd rather see the Claw subplot develop more fully than it seems to be.
                  I got the impression that they were going to wrap up the Zeus story with the end of Chapter Two & they are setting up Chapter 3 to focus on the Claw & DDD.

Comment

...But I'd rather see the Claw subplot develop more fully than it seems to be...
                    I think the sub-plot has developed for a long time - all the way back to the DDD mini series.

If my speculation below is true (highlight text to read as I cannot find any spoiler tags):

I think we have been subtly misdirected to think of the Claw as a some kind of being masterminding a cult; I think it is more insidious than that, that it is some kind of hive mind and the merging bodies in the latest issue will prove to be the vessel for the Claw as he/it rises again.

then there have been hints all the way through.

Comment

Working...
                    X