Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack KIRBY at Dynamite

Dynamite Entertainment will do a project based of Jack Kirby characters

anybody wants to resize this Kirby pick?

Picture Link ->
    http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...7/12/kirby.jpg
    Last edited by Renaud; 07-12-2010, 08:43 PM.

Story of The Kirby: Genesis project

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1007/12/
    DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT'S KIRBY: GENESIS

Dynamite Entertainment has announced that Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross will team for the first time since 1993's Marvels on Kirby Genesis, a project expanding on Jack Kirby's creations.

"If you look up 'dream come true' in the dictionary, it's defined as 'working with Alex Ross on a big, epic project featuring dozens of Kirby characters,' In my dictionary, at least," Busiek said.

"Jack Kirby was the premier creative force in American comics history. And to have the chance to work with his creations in their purest form -- some who've been seen before and some who haven't, from the Ninth Men to Galaxy Green to Tiger 21 to Silver Star -- and to build a new world and a grand story with them, is the kind of opportunity and challenge I couldn't possibly turn down. When we started talking about this, there was just so much stuff, so many great ideas, that I was confused as to where we could possibly start. But then Alex described one image -- a single moment -- and that was all it took to make me say, 'Got it. I see the whole story now. Man, this is going to be fun.'

"And it is. Stand back. We're gonna need the room."

"One thing that Kurt and I have always shared is our love for Jack Kirby's comics and legacy," Ross said. "The Kirby: Genesis project is a way to repay the impact this one man's creativity has had in shaping our lives. I'm excited to be plotting this adventure with Kurt as well as to be contributing to some of the interior art. This epic will be an ambitious assembly of every Kirby design we can lay our hands on."
    How Do You Spell SUPERCOOL :-)
    Last edited by Renaud; 07-12-2010, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Does look like something I would be interested in that's for sure

Comment

This is certainly interesting, Alex Ross and Kirby are comic book legends and to have them together at Dynamite of all places should be awesome!

Dynamite is doing a lot of cool things as of late, keep it up guys!
        Dynamite Entertainment
        Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Ross Cover

Enjoy everybody
          Attached Files
          Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
          Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
          http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Check me off as super excited about this new project, I love Busike and I love Kirby's heroes so this is a match made in heaven! I hope Ross ain't stretchin himself too thin tho....

Comment

Is Fighting American going to be in this series, I'm excited for it but I'd rather more Superpowers!

Comment

more about this from CBR:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=30782

Comment

I'm getting more and more excited about this everytime new info is released, I can't wait to get my hands on issue #1 and I hope that they make good on their promise of new superhero books to be released after the mini is done. I love stuff like this!
                  Dynamite Entertainment
                  Forum Administrator

Comment

I think this is bad for PSP

Comment

Every time I see promotional imagery, especially that first image with the hundreds of Kirby characters with all those psychadelic colours presented in the photorealistic painting of Alex Ross, I just feel like it is a jarring mis-combination of styles. Kirby designed some neat characters but the colours and styles don't really lend well to Alex Ross' style. It is like one time at a thai restaurant, they had a menu item that featured shrimp covered in a peanut butter sauce. I would not have thought of combining shrimp and peanut butter even though I like both.

Comment

That initial promotional piece does look a bit like an explosion at the paint factory, doesn't it?

And I agree, probably it'd be hard to find a couple of mainstream comic artists with more dissimilar styles than Kirby and Ross (though I love them both).

BUT, you must admit that Alex Ross is a huge selling point that Dynamite has in its favor -- his covers, even just having his name associated with a project, sort of compels people to pay attention. And beyond that, while he's not really a writer, he IS a great conceptualizer, and in that respect he and Kirby ARE similar. In short, both Kirby and Ross are great "idea men".
                        DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Since reading the article in last week's COMIC SHOP NEWS, I'm really excited by the prospects of Kirby: Genesis. Not only does this series feature Captain Victory, Silver Star, (formerly published by Pacific Comics in the early 1980s) and all of the characters from Topps Comics' Jack Kirby's Secret City Saga, Satan's Six, and TeenAgents, but virtually every other character Kirby ever created after leaving Marvel in the mid-1970s, including unused proposals for characters created for Ruby-Spears in the 1980s. Enough to fill an entire universe of Kirby characters. Granted, some of these are merely concept sketches that have never appeared in print or been fleshed out in story terms, but I have a lot of faith in Alex Ross and Kurt Busiek.
                          Last edited by positronic; 03-05-2011, 05:21 AM.
                          DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

2 pages worth of advertisments for this title in this months Previews magazine, I'm getting more pumped up than ever to have this book in my hands once it comes out!
                            Dynamite Entertainment
                            Forum Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by stmarychnj View Post
                              I think this is bad for PSP
                              I see it as an opportunity to create a larger DEU to explore. After the introduction and establishment of Genesis the PSP and this could be the cornerstone of building a new Universe for comic fans to explore. Assuming of course DE has longterm rights or outright owns the PSP and Genesis rights or use of for some lenthy time?

Comment

Working...
                              X