• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renaud
    started a topic Jack KIRBY at Dynamite

Jack KIRBY at Dynamite

Dynamite Entertainment will do a project based of Jack Kirby characters

anybody wants to resize this Kirby pick?

Picture Link ->
    http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...7/12/kirby.jpg
    Last edited by Renaud; 07-12-2010, 07:43 PM.

Guest replied
    Attn: Dynamite Staff

I love what you're doing with KIRBY Genesis! As a rule I only ( and I mean ONLY! ) collect & read silver and the beginning edge of bronze age comics...my collection consists exclusively of 12 & 15 cent Marvels...I NEVER buy new comics, until now! I fully intend to get every issue of KIRBY Genesis!

Nuff Said.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I saw the 0 issue and asked my LCS to put it on my pull list...

This will be the second book on my list. Only other book I buy is Femforce and that is quarterly. Of course with the DC relaunch starting on August 31st, I may be adding some more titles. Team Titles mostly... PSP would be awesome as an ongoing... And I don't need any comic because of Creator's names!

I'll give Kirby Genesis about a 6 month try... The #0 would have been a nice FCBD release but Dynamite must have forgotten this year.

Tony

Leave a comment:

• comixfan1980
    replied
    I don't think it will be bad for PSP considering that volume 3 is right around the corner as well as the promised mini's and other goodies PSP related that Nick was talking about. Remember what happened after chapter 1? Not a whole lot until chapter 2 came, so I would expect that after chapter 3 is done that we may experience a dead period before any other PSP related projects take place again. It's just the nature of the beast I suppose....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by stmarychnj View Post
    I think this is bad for PSP
    Let's hope not.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    This series is gonna rock, i love brand new universes and i plan on really giving this a shot and i hope that dynamite avoids delays and gets the books out on time. I really hope for lots of solo series that come out of this as well as some team books, i want some fresh faces in my comics and am sick of marvel and dc!!

Leave a comment:

• comixfan1980
    replied
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=32092

Some more information as well as some sketches for the upcoming Kirby: Genesis line, check them out guys!

Leave a comment:

• comixfan1980
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
    Let's get a forum specific to this going.
    I plan on creating a Kirby forum once the line kicks off and has more than speculation to discuss, but yeah, I think I will upload the forum soon. In fact, I plan to do some cool stuff around here to spice things up!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Let's get a forum specific to this going.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Soooooo excited about Genesis!
    I only found out about it today: Jack Kirby characters handled by Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross? I'm just wishing for it to be May now so I can get the issue 0 preview!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I think Image was suppose to take care of a restored version of Captain Victory to be released in hardcover, but from what I heard, they never had the balls to go through with it, and chickened out; but maybe it's for the best if Dynamite can manage one collected edition hardcover, with color restored or not, and leave as

Dark Horse released 2 hardcover archives of the Green Lama comics that were not color restored, but were still fun to read; I would rather have that none restored version, than none at all. It just felt like old comic books with the old coloration way, like this where color dotes are clearly visible

Last edited by Renaud; 03-31-2011, 02:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Just wondering if along with this event, there will also be reprints of related classics by Kirby himself

like Captain Victory and the Galactic Rangers

covers http://www.comics.org/series/2614/covers/

Night Glider

Bombast

And others
    Last edited by Renaud; 03-27-2011, 07:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It's an interesting thought.

It's hard to evaluate without having seen the Kirbyverse structure yet, but I would prefer such a thing done with a few main characters from either side and in a separate series. The 2nd Superpowers books juggle so many characters already that I wouldn't the Kirbyverse ones to appear in there too.

They might want to do such a thing in the old JSA/JLA style where characters from each side pair up. One set up issue, 4-5 team up issues, one closer issue, badabing, badaboom.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I can rather easily imagine a scenario where they crossover the Kirby and the PSU characters. Sort of a Crisis on Dynamite Earths thing. Or maybe a "we can do a big crossover too" kind of thing.

Couldn't be any worse than Infestation.

Leave a comment:

• comixfan1980
    replied
    Originally posted by positronic View Post
    I doubt you'll see a "merging" (or even a crossover) between the PSP universe (based on public-domain Golden Age comic book characters, the specific versions in PSP being owned by Dynamite Entertainment) and the "Kirbyverse" (all characters being the property of and copyrighted by the Kirby Estate).

Besides, each of these universes already has dozens of characters in it, and people have already noted that the PSP universe may be overloaded with "new" and unfamiliar characters; that is kind of a turn-off to some new readers. Most (if not all) of the Kirbyverse characters will be unfamiliar to the majority of the comics-reading public (except for the serious Kirbyheads), too.
    True, but I was talking as in a "What if" situation, imagine all the possible relationships and rivalries that could come out of something like that, not to mention the team-ups and other such instances. Still, I'd rather keep them seperate from eachother and contain them within 2 seperate universes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X