Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Finale of Chapter Two!! (Spoilers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Finale of Chapter Two!! (Spoilers)

    I see that PSP #12 is scheduled for release, apparently this week. Even the preview pages have me salivating!

  • #2
    SPOILERS

    Originally posted by Tulku View Post
    I see that PSP #12 is scheduled for release, apparently this week. Even the preview pages have me salivating!
    Yep, I got the issue in the mail today and I have yet to read it, but I did flip through and a NEW Supremacy is announced (but I won't let you in on who's in). Also, it appears as if for every question answered there is many that open up within this issue as well, I can't wait to read it tomorrow morning and get the whole story!
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator


    Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

    Comment


    • #3
      Sheitan.....

      Comment


      • #4
        Well.....

        The war with The Claw is over and I got to say that I'm sorta underwhelmed at how it ended. It was an okay battle and everything, the fighting was nicely done but the way that DDD spoke in another language and vanished Claw as easy as 1-2-3 was kind of a cop out and there is still waaay too many questions about both DDD and the other guy with the DDD face paint (unless I missed something).

        I loved the final 2 pages of the story though, it was done really well and it has me pumped for 2011 and chapter three, hopefully once chapter 3 is done that they continue making titles based on the PSP characters, I would hate to see it all come to an end for good.
        Dynamite Entertainment
        Forum Administrator


        Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

        Comment


        • #5
          I agree the ending fell flat. It was building to a climax between DDD & The Claw & DDD speaks some gibberish & The Claw vanishes?

          Oh well I still loved Chapter Two way more than Chapter One. I think Chapter Three is going to be the conclusion of the Trilogy that sets up the SP Universe. As long as the book sells well I hope Dynamite will try out different books based on the SPU & see what sells.

          Comment


          • #6
            On the positive side, at least DDD lost the spikes or horns or whatever by the end of the issue!

            Honestly, it strikes me now that, in much the same way that Chapter One could be viewed as being All About Fighting Yank, Chapter Two (in retrospect) seems to have been All About The Dynamic Family, as hinted at in the origin pages at the end.

            As a side note, the two-page origin of Dynamic Man was one of the few outright funny ones I have read: "A new name was chosen to cover his origin. It was like his history was rewritten." LOL "As time went on, history was rewritten again, and Ricky became more of son. I suppose that's what happens if you live long enough. You become the keeper of history. You become its final editor." ROFL!

            Comment


            • #7
              I enjoyed it -- it was big and bold, and while I could've stood to see it spread across another issue or two, the battle with the Claw was great. The Boy King continues to impress with his courage, and I loved the "everyone gets their own panel" battle page.

              I also thought the ending was well done -- things are definitely set up for some interesting directions for Chapter 3 (and assorted spinoffs). I just hope that whoever takes the reins for the next series of stories (minis or whatever) really clobbers it.

              And I want Grant Morrison to write a Boy King miniseries. Immediately.

              Comment


              • #8
                I just finished reading Chapter Two #0-13 along with Black Terror #5-8 in one sitting. It was better than Chapter One & it read much better as one story than the monthly issues. I also thought Salazar did an amazing job on the art. Hopefully readers will pick up the collections because this series is really a great read & a great alternative to DC & Marvel's event books.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I really enjoyed the final issue. I felt that Chapter 2 ended much more strongly than it began, but even so as a whole was another great PSU series for me.

                  I love the change in dynamiocs (pun intended), both with the new direction for Dynamic Man and the Supremacy; I felt the old Supremacy folded a little too easliy, but that is by the by.

                  I really, really hope this appears as a whole series hardcover to go with Chapter 1.

                  I'm a bit concerned about the phrasing of 'concluding chapter' (Chapter 3), and I hope we have PSU comics after Chpater 3.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I don't think the old Supremacy "folded" so much as escaped. After all, they had already discovered one "traitor" in their midst (the Scarab) and then President West turned on them, and then the Dynamic Family--I think the rest of the Supremacy decided that discretion was the better part of valor and they will reestablish themselves elsewhere.

                    But they'll need another name.

                    As for the wish for a Chapter 2 hardcover--Amen! Please, please, please let there be a hardcover to go with Chapter 1!!

                    And I am hoping that the "concluding chapter" bit just means that the storyline will break from the chapter concept. As I posted somewhere on these boards, I was worrying that calling them chapters discourages new readers. I mean, who starts a book at Chapter 3? It doesn't mean that there won't be PSU titles.

                    Chapter 1 set up the PSU. Chapter 2 (in the language of the ads) tore it apart--at least the loyalties and groupings. Chapter 3? Perhaps defining the characteristics of the new groupings to allow for spinning off several individual PSU ongoing titles? That would be most welcome!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tulku View Post
                      ...And I am hoping that the "concluding chapter" bit just means that the storyline will break from the chapter concept. As I posted somewhere on these boards, I was worrying that calling them chapters discourages new readers. I mean, who starts a book at Chapter 3? It doesn't mean that there won't be PSU titles.

                      Chapter 1 set up the PSU. Chapter 2 (in the language of the ads) tore it apart--at least the loyalties and groupings. Chapter 3? Perhaps defining the characteristics of the new groupings to allow for spinning off several individual PSU ongoing titles? That would be most welcome!
                      I would be very pleased if your take is right on this Tulku; I like that idea of the framework being laid by the chapters.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hi guys! just dropping by to say thanks to everyone of you that had support the series, i really had a blast drawing Chapter Two and it always was nice to read what you guys think of the series, I'll be away of PSP Universe for a while but hopefully i'll do something more for PSP in the future, by now (if there is anyone interested) i am doing the "Kato Annual" issue that should be out in november or december, well gotta go and again thank you all for stay with us for the whole 13 issues!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Edgar_Salazar View Post
                          Hi guys! just dropping by to say thanks to everyone of you that had support the series, i really had a blast drawing Chapter Two and it always was nice to read what you guys think of the series, I'll be away of PSP Universe for a while but hopefully i'll do something more for PSP in the future, by now (if there is anyone interested) i am doing the "Kato Annual" issue that should be out in november or december, well gotta go and again thank you all for stay with us for the whole 13 issues!
                          No. Thank YOU for putting out a quality product for us to support, I think 9/10 people felt that when you took over the art that the book got 10X more enjoyable from a visual standpoint. Hopefully we see you in New Shangrila once again, my friend!
                          Dynamite Entertainment
                          Forum Administrator


                          Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
                            No. Thank YOU for putting out a quality product for us to support, I think 9/10 people felt that when you took over the art that the book got 10X more enjoyable from a visual standpoint. Hopefully we see you in New Shangrila once again, my friend!
                            Thanks man i really appreciate it, hopefully I'll return to something PSP related in the future, there are certainly a few characters that would love to do something with it

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Darn good point, artwork was great - come back soon!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X