New stuff?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New stuff?

Has there been any further more info about the new titles and/or collected editions and ETAs?

Is Black Terror ending at #13, or will we see #14 as well (I am a little confused)?

Has the Ghost mini been dropped?

Publisher

Hi Leon,

Black Terror #14 will be shipping in a month, and at the end of the year we'll be introducing more titles. We want to get a wider audience, and with the fans help, we will get there.

The Ghost will be part of it.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

best!

Nicky

Comment

If you put the books out on time and had product on the shelf more often then you may be able to garner a larger audience, also, advertising heavy like you did back when the crew was all over Wizard and other magazines was a good touch. I have faith that PSP will thrive in 2012, but 2011 remains a mystery to us all.
      Dynamite Entertainment
      Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Originally posted by nickybdynamite View Post
        Black Terror #14 will be shipping in a month, and at the end of the year we'll be introducing more titles.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Nicky
        BT #13 is on the schedule for 2/2/11 so is there still a #14?

Michael

Comment

Because of the delays with PSP titles and the huge delays with BT, i've lost complete interest in these books. Right now i am starting to feel the same with THE LAST PHANTOME. This book is 2 months late. Better get your acts together DE because if this keeps i'll just spend my money over at BOOM STUDIOS.

Comment

Hey, cut them some slack. They're not a big company. It's not like they WANT to ship books late and lose money. Things happen, and they do what they can to fix it. They're not like Marvel or DC, having a big infrastructure in place that can accomdate delays with backup artists and the like.

Comment

[QUOTE=King Snarf;19067]Hey, cut them some slack. They're not a big company. It's not like they WANT to ship books late and lose money. Things happen, and they do what they can to fix it. They're not like Marvel or DC, having a big infrastructure in place that can accomdate delays with backup artists and the like.[/QUOTE

Well they better fix it fast because they just lost me as a reader. BOOM STUDIOS is not a big company but their books ship on time. This will be my last post. So long and good luck DE.

Comment

I'm sure DE will begin to get back on schedule soon (hopefully), I think the problem is that they took on so many huge projects all at one time that they kind of fell a little behind. Afterall, they've taken on a slew of GH titles, Last Phantom, Vampirella, PSP and other such books, so I can cut them some slack due to the fact that pretty much everything has been of good quality.
                Dynamite Entertainment
                Forum Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
                  I'm sure DE will begin to get back on schedule soon (hopefully), I think the problem is that they took on so many huge projects all at one time that they kind of fell a little behind. Afterall, they've taken on a slew of GH titles, Last Phantom, Vampirella, PSP and other such books, so I can cut them some slack due to the fact that pretty much everything has been of good quality.
                  I expect some tardiness from smaller publishers (though I was just reading about Batwoman being rescheduled) but it irritates me when a book is late starting from issue #2. You'd think that the first few issues at least would be regular.

When did this problem start, anyway? I don't seem to recall constant tardiness in books when I was a kid (except for extreme examples like The Crow).

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
                    I expect some tardiness from smaller publishers (though I was just reading about Batwoman being rescheduled) but it irritates me when a book is late starting from issue #2. You'd think that the first few issues at least would be regular.

When did this problem start, anyway? I don't seem to recall constant tardiness in books when I was a kid (except for extreme examples like The Crow).
                    Something I associate with Image; although Watchmen suffered delays (DC in the mid 80's).

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post

The first bout if lateness disappoint I remember really well was back in in the early 90's with Image where it became a constant thing, I remember walking into the store to grab a couple random issues of a few Image titles I was purchasing only to find that they weren't on the shelf, when I asked the guy at the counter he said that he hasn't received any word as to when the books were coming in. One of them finally came in about 3 weeks later (after 2 more heartbreaking trips to the store) and the other was 6 weeks late, as this became more and more a regular thing I had no choice but to drop Image from my monthly purchases because I was sick of wasting my time to go to the store and I was sick of being disappointed.

I'm sure lateness has always been an issue, but early 90's Image basically made it a constant occurance and is basically the standard bearer for when lateness became "the norm".
                      Dynamite Entertainment
                      Forum Administrator

Comment

I think both DC and Marvel often have single "fill in issue" read to go if a title runs late. I'm sure this isn't something small companies can do.

I had a "lateness" problem just this week. For once I didn't have any books coming in, but the Wildcat figure from EagleMoss came out. Problem was that the store only got one not the 6 they ordered. Unfortuneatly I was nuber 3 on the list.
                        Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                        Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                        http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Wow, would have expected sooner than the end of the year, I hope its worth the wait! Good luck getting everything ready to launch!

Comment

Late-shipping books really began to be an issue starting in the late 1980s (Watchmen being a conspicuous example), when dedicated comic shops began to be the main outlets for distribution (versus the former newsstand distribution system, where there were serious penalties from distributors for publishers with late-shipping books - formerly, Marvel & DC would have an "inventory" [a.k.a "fill-in"] story ready to rush to press in cases where a book was going ship late). This was about the time that publishers figured out that hard-core fans cared more about the contents of the book being GOOD, than being ON TIME.

Does anybody really yearn for the days of the "fill-in" issue to return? Not me. I understand the problem of killing the momentum a series has built by constant delays; you can't help but lose readers and sales. But too many fill-in issues pretty much cause the same problem. So we learn to live with it, if we really love the work the creators are doing on the series.
                            DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Back on-topic, has anyone heard any rumblings yet of the re-launch?

Comment

Working...
                              X