Black Terror #14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Terror #14

The last issue...overall I liked this book. First the negatives - I think the series suffered from the delays & the fact that 4 different artists worked on the book in only 14 issues. Now the postives - Phil hester is an amazing writer! He really fleshed out the character of the Black Terror & I really enjoyed seeing Bob Benton. In the SPU they are in their costumed ID 24/7 & that is something that I don't like. I think Jack Herbert's art is very good. He did a great job on the 3 issues he did. The ending was satisfying which I appreciated. Hopefully there will be some type of solo book for the characters since the main book can get too crowded to allow for character development.

I agree with all of that. Loved the issue -- loved what Hester did with the character -- loved the art.

Really going to miss this book.

Comment

I will miss this book a whole lot as well, The Black Terror is one of my favorite characters in all of comics and this title has been a staple of my reading for over 2 years now, I'll be sad when it finally hits me that no more issues are going to be coming my way via mail anymore. The ending was kind of cheesy and cliche` but the story that was told in issue #14 was actually really good and Phil Hester really helped to make this title something special, hopefully they continue it someday or Black Terror gets another series of mini later on as the line progresses.
      Dynamite Entertainment
      Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Publisher

Hi Guys,

I wanted to let you know that I agree, that the starts and stops did hurt Black Terror, and that Phil did do a really great job!

Right now, we're giving the Super Powers stories some time to catch up so that we can ship them all on time. We've got some time before we launch as we have 4 series written in "the can", and being drawn.

We're building these up, and going to be on time (at least that's the goal).

Hopefully you will be happy.

Best!

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by nickybdynamite View Post
          Hi Guys,

I wanted to let you know that I agree, that the starts and stops did hurt Black Terror, and that Phil did do a really great job!

Right now, we're giving the Super Powers stories some time to catch up so that we can ship them all on time. We've got some time before we launch as we have 4 series written in "the can", and being drawn.

Best!

Nick
          Thanks for the good news Nick.

Is there any chance of a future Black Terror mini or ongoing in the works?

And is it too soon to speculate as to the 4 series? Chapter 3 I can see; the Ghost; so what else?

Comment

Originally posted by nickybdynamite View Post
            Hi Guys,

Best!

Nick
            Oh friggin' sweet. Four new PS minis.

Comment

4 new series sound good to me, I'm guessing we will see PSP v3, The Ghost, another DDD mini and possibly a mini based on Samson and/or Pyroman, or at least I hope.

I'm so looking forward to these books!
              Dynamite Entertainment
              Forum Administrator

Comment

I'd vote for Ghost & triple D. I'd also like to see a Brave & the Bold type team up book. That way we can get some focus on a range of characters.
                Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

I'm still holding out for Project Superpets: The Black Terrier.

Comment

I ruined this issue for myself by actually missing two pages late at night and then having to go back and reread them. My overall impression of this issue came down to the artwork, the faces are really amazing. My feelings are ambiguous toward the actual ending of the story but I definitely enjoyed the series and will have to go back and reread it all over again for fun.

Black Terror is a great character, not because he looks cool, but because he is well written period (.) I really hope we come back to him at some point because there are many unanswered questions. Some of those questions I'd imagine will be covered in the future main chapter.

I think I'm going to spend some time rereading this series and post my thoughts afterward.

Nick, I'm from Cherry Hill and I love PSP - keep up the good work!

Comment

My only quibble with the series was that #14 wrapped up all the ongoing subplots rather quickly. Felt a little forced, as going into this last issue, it seemed with everything going on, these plotlines could have been played out over another 3 or 4 issues.

Given the issues with shipping delays in the past, I think Dynamite should first concentrate on getting a monthly ongoing PSP title on track, even if that involves using multiple creative teams on story arcs (or subplot segments within an individual issue).

Then they should work on building up an inventory of stories featuring individual PSP characters (or small teams of 2 or 3 characters), and release them as standalone miniseries, that ship monthly and on time.

I think the key is first to have a regular monthly ongoing book, as this will represent a commitment on Dynamite's part to this group of characters to the fans. That way regardless of whatever miniseries may or may not be shipping in any particular month, the readers will still get a steady monthly PSP fix.
                      DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Another enjoyable issue, if sadly the last one (can we hpe for a volume 2?).

I liked how the seperation plot was resolved - allowing for two sides of the character to remain in existence was a good choice, one that I don't think many other titles would have tried, which underscores the potential for PSU stories; they are not so mired in (often muddled at DC and Marvel) decades of internal continuity, and the characters are not 'iconic', therefore risks can be taken.

Thanks to Ross, Hester and crew for this finale.

Hopefully the Black terror will be back.

Comment

The Black Terror is without a doubt the flagship character in the PSP universe and I think a continuation and/or a 2nd series is most certainly a viable option, but I guess DE want's to showcase some of the other character in the line, which actually makes sense I suppose. Still, Black Terror is an awesome character, the book was awesome and I'd love more Black Terror on store shelves in the future, I'm really hoping to see this happen.
                          Dynamite Entertainment
                          Forum Administrator

Comment

I seem to remember a comment from someone, Nick maybe, that implied that thet were planning on coninuing Black Terror but were taking a break to get a little ahead so as to avoid lateness issues among other things. I hopeso, I really enjoyed BT and like the Parrot. Kind of a tinkerbelle type character.
                            Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                            Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                            http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X