Kirby: Genesis #0 (possible spoilers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kirby: Genesis #0 (possible spoilers)

Well, I got the first issue in the mail this morning and I'm going to be reading it today but I just wanted to make some notes based upon my flipping through this book....

You get about 8 pages of actual story with art that looks really nice, the rest of the book is a preview for issue #1 and some character designs and sketches similar to the Project Superpowers #0 prelude for the 2nd chapter, but it's pretty sweet and everything looks great.

There is an ad on the back cover for issue #1 which is going to feature 32 pages of story as well as a really sweet cover, I'm getting really excited to get this in the mail and dive into this new universe!
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

8 pages? There should be 12 in total!

Comment

Okay, so I got around to reading the #0 issue instead of flipping through it and there was 12 pages of actual story which was very enjoyable, the rest was previews for what's up ahead and character sketches and the such.
      Dynamite Entertainment
      Forum Administrator

Comment

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=8740

Here is a quick preview of Kirby: Genesis #0 from CBR. Enjoy!
        Dynamite Entertainment
        Forum Administrator

Comment

I got this at my LCS yesterday and he had quite a stack. Hope it's indicative of interest at the store. I was not dissapointed with the issue. I knew it was a #0 issue, a glorified sampler, so unlike some of these review sites knew to factor that in. I swear people are overly critical once they start getting paid for their opinion, but I digress.

The tie-in with the Pioneer 10 space launch and Kirby's submission along with his written prose were great. Even if some liberties were taken as noted by the editor after the story. I have to ask this of either Mr.Ross or Mr.Busiek, "Was your template for the character of Kirby the actor Jay Baruchel?" Sure looks like it. Is Kirby going to be the Rick Jones or Snapper Carr of the this saga? Also by naming the character Kirby the title of the series takes on a dual meaning as well. It's not mearly a nod to the King, but also the Genesis of the characters interaction with the beings he's about to meet. Or, that's my interpretation.

Unlike some of the reviews I've read by the 'sites' I enjoyed the sketch pages and editorial commentary. Reading about some of the thoughts behind where you guys started, what you had to add to and the allusion of where we might be going was worth my time to read.

I look forward to issue #1.
          As an aside please don't stop Project SuperPowers either. Hope there is room for both on your publishing slate.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Craig View Post
            I got this at my LCS yesterday and he had quite a stack. Hope it's indicative of interest at the store. I was not dissapointed with the issue. I knew it was a #0 issue, a glorified sampler, so unlike some of these review sites knew to factor that in. I swear people are overly critical once they start getting paid for their opinion, but I digress.

The tie-in with the Pioneer 10 space launch and Kirby's submission along with his written prose were great. Even if some liberties were taken as noted by the editor after the story. I have to ask this of either Mr.Ross or Mr.Busiek, "Was your template for the character of Kirby the actor Jay Baruchel?" Sure looks like it. Is Kirby going to be the Rick Jones or Snapper Carr of the this saga? Also by naming the character Kirby the title of the series takes on a dual meaning as well. It's not mearly a nod to the King, but also the Genesis of the characters interaction with the beings he's about to meet. Or, that's my interpretation.

Unlike some of the reviews I've read by the 'sites' I enjoyed the sketch pages and editorial commentary. Reading about some of the thoughts behind where you guys started, what you had to add to and the allusion of where we might be going was worth my time to read.

I look forward to issue #1.
            As an aside please don't stop Project SuperPowers either. Hope there is room for both on your publishing slate.
            Well, DE did promise volume 3 of PSP later this year as well as a series of mini's and other goodies, so I think they will make good on their promise.
            Dynamite Entertainment
            Forum Administrator

Comment

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=32807

Kirby Genesis #0 lands at #42 on the top 300 comics sales charts!
              Dynamite Entertainment
              Forum Administrator

Comment

Working...
              X