Kirby Genesis #1 - Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kirby Genesis #1 - Discussion

Who has their issue yet? Let the discussion start. I'm always behind but look forward to reading others thoughts on the book. I do believe it hit shelves today. The preview art pages I saw looked great!!

A little short on time at the moment, not that's it's keeping me from procrastinating just a little more while I type this. But in short I enjoyed the issue. Busiek seldom disappoints and here is no exception. Nice art, lots of well done touches of Kirby strangeness, interesting story.
    A friend of mine reviewed it briefly and was fairly positive about it as well.
    http://topfivecomics.blogspot.com/20...nes-61511.html
    Just scroll down some it the last review on the page.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Craig View Post
      Who has their issue yet? Let the discussion start. I'm always behind but look forward to reading others thoughts on the book. I do believe it hit shelves today. The preview art pages I saw looked great!!
      It's almost impossibly epic and the sweep and scope of Big Ideas™ crackle on every page. In every way worthy of the Kirby legacy. Far exceeded my admittedly pretty high expectations.

-E

Comment

I really enjoyed it, sure, the book introduced a slew of characters similar to how Project Superpowers did at first but I really like that because it throws us a 100 mile an hour fast ball and it's up to us to figure it out. Really cool!

Eventually things will calm down and the characters will be fleshed out and we will know who will be the core cast of the book and who will be the side characters and whatnot, so I'm not worried about the multiple characters at once style of storytelling.
        Dynamite Entertainment
        Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

After my girlfreind bought the first issue of Battlefields: Dear Billy I looked up other titles on the site and discovered Kriby Genesis along with a slew of others that interested me.

Needless to say, Genesis caught my attention the most as #0 and #1 are my first Dynamite purchases.

The artwork is incredible, and the pacing is just right...moreso in issue #1 than #0 in my opinion.

Comment

Looks like we're all on the same page here. I read it last night and enjoyed it too.

Yes, there are a lot of questions but it's obvious that there are a lot answers too. It doesn't feel thrown together. And seeing most of it from Kirby's eyes gives it that Astro City feel.

Nice book. I was considering giving it TPB treatment thinking that that format might be better for something so epic, but now I'm glad I have crap willpower.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
              Looks like we're all on the same page here. I read it last night and enjoyed it too.

Yes, there are a lot of questions but it's obvious that there are a lot answers too. It doesn't feel thrown together. And seeing most of it from Kirby's eyes gives it that Astro City feel.

Nice book. I was considering giving it TPB treatment thinking that that format might be better for something so epic, but now I'm glad I have crap willpower.
              TPB? Man, I couldn't stand the suffer of waiting that long to read these stories, I would probably go out of my mind!
              Dynamite Entertainment
              Forum Administrator

Comment

Jackson Herberts art is amazing. It makes you pore over the pages again and again.

is there an ETA for issue #2?

Comment

His art is amazing, deadjacket! As for issue #2, I do believe it's first week of August....if I'm not mistaken, but I'm not 100% on that yet.
                  Dynamite Entertainment
                  Forum Administrator

Comment

Read that issue number 1 score a #88 on the top 300 comic books! Wow! Keep it up guys, this book is a hit. I'm loving the story and want to see more.

Comment

Working...
                    X