Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In a Perfect Project Superpowers World....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • In a Perfect Project Superpowers World....

    Well perfect for myself I mean. I really wish that Dynamite made the Project Superpowers Universe their top priority with all the potential it has. Many interesting characters that we've barely had a chance to get to know. If I could do what I wanted this is how it would be....

    Ongoing

    Project Superpowers - The Flagship title where everyone comes together but there is no focus on a particular team or individual for more than a 3 to 5 issue story arc. First thing on the agenda... The Revolutionary from Meet the Bad Guys.

    Black Terror - Clearly deserves his own ongoing title.

    The Inheritors - Boy King and his Giant, Kid Terror, Kitten, and Captain Battle Jr. would be the characters I'd focus on.

    Limited Series

    Pyroman - Pyroman could probably have an ongoing but they should start with a limited first.

    Green Lama - A great character who deserves at least a limited series.

    Super Mystery Men - I'm particularly interested in Unknown Soldier and Raven.

    Dare - From the team of Truth and Dare. It would be cool if they brought back Truth and then this could be a cool partner book but I think she is a badass and interesting enough character to have her own title.

  • #2
    I agree with you on Project Superpowers and Black Terror. I am not so sure I'd rush The Inheritors to ongoing status. I'd start them off in a 6-issue limited series.

    On the other hand, I would give Pyroman his own ongoing.

    And I think the 'Devil should have an ongoing, with the Ghost and Silver Streak as part of the team. And, come to think of it, until Truth comes back to life, Dare will be around in that book as well. That kind of makes it a team book, but I don't have a good team name to give it.

    I agree on Green Lama and Super Mystery Men.

    And then, a few years from now, DE can do a massive relaunch of all the titles and re-set them to Issue #1!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Tulku View Post
      And then, a few years from now, DE can do a massive relaunch of all the titles and re-set them to Issue #1!
      Lol...

      No love for Masquerade, lads? I consider her to be as "core" as anyone.

      I don't know if Pyroman could hold his own in a series. I like him as the type that shows up in every other other book to add a spark , but as a central character? I would rather see a story about him in a sort of anthology book.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'd add a Showcase or Bring on the Bad Guys type that would feature different heros in a 3 issue arc to see how they do. I know they don't usually do taht well but there are so many heros it would help sort out who might support a series as well as give us an occasional odd team up.
        Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
        Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
        http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
          Lol...

          No love for Masquerade, lads? I consider her to be as "core" as anyone.

          I don't know if Pyroman could hold his own in a series. I like him as the type that shows up in every other other book to add a spark , but as a central character? I would rather see a story about him in a sort of anthology book.
          I agree I don't think there has been enough to suggest Pyroman could star in an ongoing.

          Black terror seems a give. Truth and Dare could be very interesting, and there is enough back-story and development in place to work with: Samson; Scarab; Fighting Yank & American Spirit; Green Lama.

          Interestingly I have just read Invaders Now by Alex Ross and Christos Gage and THAT read like a Project Superpowers type of story; I'd love to see Gage dabble in the PSP universe.

          Comment


          • #6
            Ongoing
            Black Terror
            Green Lama
            DDD
            Pyroman
            The Inheritors
            A Superstar team ensamble

            Mini's and recurring limited series
            Lady Masquerade
            The Flame
            Another team book, maybe Super Mystery Men
            Dynamite Entertainment
            Forum Administrator


            Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
              No love for Masquerade, lads? I consider her to be as "core" as anyone.
              The problem I see with Masquerade is that, by the very nature of her power, she needs to be teamed with somebody to do Mask Duty for her. I suppose she could have a stream of guest stars from her friends, but she really needs a steady partner who understands the whole Mask On/Off thing.

              The Sisters Scarlet concept would fit the bill and, considering the number of plot lines to be generated from their 3 different backgrounds and abilities, the Scarlets might manage an ongoing series quite well.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Tulku View Post
                The problem I see with Masquerade is that, by the very nature of her power, she needs to be teamed with somebody to do Mask Duty for her. I suppose she could have a stream of guest stars from her friends, but she really needs a steady partner who understands the whole Mask On/Off thing.

                The Sisters Scarlet concept would fit the bill and, considering the number of plot lines to be generated from their 3 different backgrounds and abilities, the Scarlets might manage an ongoing series quite well.
                Kind of like the PSP equivalent to Birds of Prey, maybe?

                Comment


                • #9
                  In a sense. I mean, you have Masquerade, whose power is possession but with the down side that she fears she is losing her own identity when she so identifies with the target she is possessing. Then there is Lady Satan, who wields magic and so opens up all those potential supernatural storylines. And then there is Lady In Red who, as far as I can tell, shoots guns. We don't know if the Urn gave her any special power (like, unerring aim) but still, she shoots guns.

                  So, if you want a Punisher type storyline, focus on her. A Doctor Strange type storyline, use Lady Satan. A "my power is my curse" storyline, go to Masquerade. That is a LOT of flexibility for a single title!

                  P.S. I really want a hardback copy of PSP Chapter 2. My paperbacks are becoming a little battered from repeated reading!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tulku View Post
                    In a sense. I mean, you have Masquerade, whose power is possession but with the down side that she fears she is losing her own identity when she so identifies with the target she is possessing. Then there is Lady Satan, who wields magic and so opens up all those potential supernatural storylines. And then there is Lady In Red who, as far as I can tell, shoots guns. We don't know if the Urn gave her any special power (like, unerring aim) but still, she shoots guns.

                    So, if you want a Punisher type storyline, focus on her. A Doctor Strange type storyline, use Lady Satan. A "my power is my curse" storyline, go to Masquerade. That is a LOT of flexibility for a single title!
                    It could work well with the correct writer, certainly.

                    P.S. I really want a hardback copy of PSP Chapter 2. My paperbacks are becoming a little battered from repeated reading!
                    Amazon lists January 2012 last time I checked, if I recall correctly.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'd agree with Green Lama and Super Mystermen series. I've read some of the Ace heroes stories online, and they weren't bad. I'd definitely be up for seeing more of them.

                      I'd also like to see something with 'DD and Dare ... the way that was left had the seeds for a great miniseries.

                      The Flame and Pyroman are other characters I'd like to see more of, as well as Masquerade. More Black Terror goes without saying.

                      Finally, a miniseries of the Inheritors looking for the remaining missing heroes is something I'd like to see. Want to find out what happened to the rest of the superpowers (coughGreenMaskcough).

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jsf View Post
                        I'd agree with Green Lama and Super Mystermen series. I've read some of the Ace heroes stories online, and they weren't bad. I'd definitely be up for seeing more of them.

                        I'd also like to see something with 'DD and Dare ... the way that was left had the seeds for a great miniseries.

                        The Flame and Pyroman are other characters I'd like to see more of, as well as Masquerade. More Black Terror goes without saying.

                        Finally, a miniseries of the Inheritors looking for the remaining missing heroes is something I'd like to see. Want to find out what happened to the rest of the superpowers (coughGreenMaskcough).
                        You know you should get that cough seen to...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by leonmallett View Post
                          You know you should get that cough seen to...
                          Been trying to -- but with the exception of a cameo or two, not much remedy for it.

                          Funny, though -- I just re-read online his first adventure, which involved an insurance scam that involved collusion between the mob and local politics. Very interesting plot (if not execution). The art was really crude by today's standards, until I realized the artist was trying to hit on a "Yellow Kid" type of style (given that the artists were often more influenced by the dailies than each other). But there was some surprising potential there (as with all the public domain characters). They really do need to get to the missing characters in the P:SP universe. COUGH COUGH.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Tulku View Post

                            The Sisters Scarlet concept would fit the bill and, considering the number of plot lines to be generated from their 3 different backgrounds and abilities, the Scarlets might manage an ongoing series quite well.
                            I considered adding this as a team series as well. I dig the name Sisters Scarlet.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X