Project Superpowers Appreciation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Superpowers Appreciation

Hello everyone, old friends and new, I jumped on board with Dynamite early on with Project Superpowers and have been excited about these books since they came out. With the recent release of the Project Superpowers card set, it has renewed my interest in the books and started me on a re-reading project as well. The books are as exciting now as they were when I first read them.

I wanted my first post here to be one of appreciation for the books and the folks who worked on them. As I recently read a book called, "Kirby King of Comics", written by Mark Evanier and you could say it was a historical accounting of Jack Kirby's life but you could also say, it was a love story. A love story between comics and Jack Kirby and then, the other way around. So, when I first heard about Kirby: Genesis, I was excited. When I read the first three issues (0, 1, and 2), I was was ecstatic !!! Now, I have older Dynamite books to read and new books to read. Both an homage to comics from the old days and at 44 years old, my old days do not go back very far but far enough to feel the love these characters stir up.

It is a good time to be reading comics... good times indeed and I appreciate it.

Welcome my friend! Do you know, I didn't know of the card set until reading your post? I think the PSP card set may become only the second one I look into getting (the first being my beloved Milestone).

Comment

Hello there, stranger. Would you be interested in some worthless old comics from publishers that no longer are in business?

Comment

Originally posted by Chiclo View Post
        Hello there, stranger. Would you be interested in some worthless old comics from publishers that no longer are in business?

Don't reveal his secrets!

Comment

Originally posted by leonmallett View Post

Don't reveal his secrets!
          Oh, leon. You are probably still scarred from the last time I sent you a worthless old comic from a publisher that no longer is in business.

Comment

Oh, leon. You are probably still scarred from the last time I sent you a worthless old comic from a publisher that no longer is in business.
            Scarred is never a strong enough word to...describe that feeling...

Comment

Hmmm sounds strangely like that Dead Universe stuff that I deal in... yes.

Hey bro !!!

Comment

Originally posted by leonmallett View Post
                Scarred is never a strong enough word to...describe that feeling...
                And that is how it begins.... LOL

Comment

Legion Unleashed!

Off topic to what has been said already, but the title appears to be appropriate, so...

I'm not totally up to speed on what this gentleman is up to. He is publishing a comic book (digital at the moment, print to come soon, apparently) about a Canadian superhero team. I guess there will be a golden age version and it seems as though that team will have worked with some of the other heroes of the time. To that end, he's got some Face and Terror art that I thought you might like to see.

http://legionunleashed.blogspot.com/...&max-results=7

I don't believe they're his because on another post he mentions that he submitted something for an artist to complete.

I prefer the Face one. Looks a bit like one of the Predator aliens. Not crazy about what appears to be some sort of harness and half-mask on Black Terror and kind of wish the artist had not used a pose that we're already quite familiar with (set himself a pretty high bar there...), but I still think it's quite good.

Later in the blog, he makes reference to Crusader, Catman/Man-Cat and Captain Future. There's also a Watchmen-like photography-style shot of the 1940's team (presumably) which includes triple D.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Legion20th.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	48539

I'll check the book out when it comes out in print form. I think the Superpowers bunch will be mostly used in brief flashbacks and such but it'll still be cool to see them in use.

Comment

I'd appreciate some news on Project Superpowers.

Comment

Originally posted by BountyHunter View Post
                      As would we all. I would even welcome the previously promised hardback volume of Chapter 2. But it seems that at present we must possess our souls in patience and hope that PSP will one day return.

Comment

Originally posted by BountyHunter View Post
                        It was mentioned in a different thread that they have several stories written and are looking for the proper artists to not only for the storynbut garner some interest in the line. So it sounds like they looking to do a proper restart and not just throw things out there. I see it as a good thing but am a little worried.
                        Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                        Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                        http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Looking up another indy book, I came across this one.

http://indyplanet.com/store/product_...oducts_id=3064

Might be cool, if you're into supporting the indies.

Comment

Print-on-demand publishing would seem to be a great idea, but it's kind of a pain trying to buy individual comics this way. If you can find half-a-dozen comics to order, it's fine, but otherwise the shipping kills you. Makes you want to wait for reviews and the eventual trade paperback (and if it doesn't get that far, it's probably telling you something).
                            DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

What is the status of Project Superpowers?

I frickin love this universe. Before this story came to life, I was a fan of the non-DC/Marvel Golden Agers, corny or cool. To finally see these characters brought to life......was just marvelous.

But, damb.....they got off to a great start but what happened?

Comment

Working...
                              X