Silver Star #2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver Star #2

Anyone read it yet? I felt the art was WORLDS better than in issue #1 and that the artist did a good job keeping a cleaner look, I enjoyed the art in the first issue but this offering seemed a bit more refined. The continuation of the story from issue #1 was nice too, very well told, and I'm really getting into this book and am fully behind the Kirby-verse to do well and succeed. What did you guys think about this issue?

PS: The page of Silver Star choking his opponent was really well done, one of my favorite pages in this issue thanks to the awesome art.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

After reading the main Kirby Genesis series, both this and Captain Victory seem kinda weak, artwise. I thought Silver Star was much better written than Captain Victory, though (marginally better in the art dept as well). Actually have higher hopes for Dragonsbane than either of the other two spinoffs.
    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by positronic View Post
      After reading the main Kirby Genesis series, both this and Captain Victory seem kinda weak, artwise. I thought Silver Star was much better written than Captain Victory, though (marginally better in the art dept as well). Actually have higher hopes for Dragonsbane than either of the other two spinoffs.
      I can see where people would dislike the art in Silver Star, mainly because it reminds me a lot of the early 90's Image stuff, but as a whole I enjoy it and think it fits the book well. Dragonsbane looks cool, but I wish I knew a little more about the character through Genesis before I was greeted with a spin-off about him, it's a lot like the cousin who you never met who just showed up and is already going through your cabinets for food.
      Dynamite Entertainment
      Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, aren't we due for an upcoming issue of Kirby Genesis in which Sigurd Dragonsbane gets a bit of a larger part, before the spinoff series debuts? I just like the concept of the Mythlands, and always felt the "modernized mythology" subgenre of superhero comics was Kirby's strongest suit. Hopefully the art will live up to the concept -- I know Bob Rodi is one of the very few writers whose recent work I've liked on THOR. I'm also wanting to see a spinoff series on the Glory Knights (I think that's what they're calling the old Secret City Saga characters, right?)
        DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

... I'm also wanting to see a spinoff series on the Glory Knights (I think that's what they're calling the old Secret City Saga characters, right?)
          I would like to see them in a series too!

Peace,

Mont

Comment

I thought the art was a bit rough in places in #2, more so than #1. There has been a little too much exposition in both spin-offs, and writers seem to have forgotten the adage of showing not telling where possible.

Comment

Working...
            X