• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Age Daredevil Archives Volume 1

Golden Age Daredevil Archives Volume 1 just announced, by Dark Horse

- SILVER STREAK ARCHIVES FEATURING THE ORIGINAL DAREDEVIL VOLUME 1 HC

Same guys who brought the Green Lama golden age Archive

Anybody for a Black Terror Archives Volume 1?

Maybe it's time for an other Death-Defying Devil miniseries :-)

That interests me!

Comment

Issues #6 - 9 ???

What about issues 1 -5 ?

How can this be Volume 1?

OK, MAYBE I could see skipping issues 1 & 2 as they weren't published by Lev Gleason and don't have any characters we ever heard of, BUT we don't even get to see the 1st appearance of Silver Streak from issue #3? That's like DC saying "Well, we'd have liked to include the first four issues of Action Comics in the Superman Archives, but you know, they're pretty rare and frankly we can't afford them".

Dammit, I hate how Dark Horse just craps this stuff out (like, where were the Green Lama stories from PRIZE COMICS?). But they made sure they padded those out by reprinting the complete contents with all those characters you never heard of and couldn't care less about. Yeah, Mac Raboy is great, but the price per page of his art is pretty steep.

Where's the logic? So it's just "Well, yeah, but these were the ones we could get ahold of" then? What kind of half-assed "Archives" program is that?

Yeah, I know, just shut up and and say thank you sir for the scraps I'm very grateful.
      Last edited by positronic; 01-15-2012, 01:57 PM.
      DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by positronic View Post
        Issues #6 - 9 ???

What about issues 1 -5 ?

I don't understand the problem here. Daredevil made his first appearance in issue #6 so that's why it starts there. It's Silver Streak featuring Daredevil...

Comment

Originally posted by positronic View Post
          Issues #6 - 9 ???

What about issues 1 -5 ?

OK, MAYBE I could see skipping issues 1 & 2 as they weren't published by Lev Gleason and don't have any characters we ever heard of, BUT we don't even get to see the 1st appearance of Silver Streak from issue #3?
          Unlike the 2 Green Lama volumes reprinting the whole issues including all the back stories, I get the feeling that this will be more a Daredevil stories collection; but I could see down the road original first stories of the character of Silver Streak, but first I would much prefer after this a Black Terror Archives volume 1, and I would prefer if they skipped the Exciting Comics back stories and only sticked to the Black Terror.
          Last edited by Renaud; 01-15-2012, 06:23 PM.

Comment

If it's a Golden Age Daredevil Archives by any other name (yeah, I get it, Marvel has the trademark), it should be ALL Daredevil stories, in chronological order. If it's a Silver Streak Comics Archives, it should be every issue of Silver Streak Comics complete. Since it only features issues #6-9, it's clearly not the former, nor the latter either. Which makes it neither one nor the other. Frustrating if all you care about is the Daredevil stories (-- $50 for four Daredevil stories???) and frustrating if you want to read a complete run of Silver Streak Comics (not even a complete run of the Silver Streak stories). Like I said, a half-assed production.

Same thing with Green Lama Archives. I don't get to read the complete comic book adventures of the Green Lama from his first appearance in Prize Comics, and even if all you care about is the version of Green Lama drawn by Mac Raboy, you're forced to pay for a lot of "filler" characters and artists you don't care about. It should have been ALL Green Lama stories. Another half-assed production.

Dark Horse sucks when it comes to Golden Age Archives.
            Last edited by positronic; 01-16-2012, 09:59 PM.
            DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by Renaud View Post
              Unlike the 2 Green Lama volumes reprinting the whole issues including all the back stories, I get the feeling that this will be more a Daredevil stories collection; but I could see down the road original first stories of the character of Silver Streak, but first I would much prefer after this a Black Terror Archives volume 1, and I would prefer if they skipped the Exciting Comics back stories and only sticked to the Black Terror.
              That's like saying DC's Wonder Woman Archives should begin with Wonder Woman #1, instead of her first appearance in All Star Comics, or the Golden Age Green Lantern Archives should begin with Green Lantern #1, instead of his first appearance in All-American Comics #1. Why in hell would you NOT want to read all of the character's stories in chronological order from the beginning?

And it's clearly NOT all Daredevil stories, since it only contains 4 issues of Silver Streak Comics -- that's 4 Daredevil stories (probably less than 50 pages, maybe as few as 24). You DO know that Silver Streak was an anthology book like the early Action Comics or Detective Comics, right? DC wisely chose not to piss people off by reprinting every feature and page from every issue of Action and Detective, meaning that they covered a lot of issues per volume by printing JUST the Superman and Batman stories.

Hopefully, you're starting to get righteously pissed-off now, and you should be.
              Last edited by positronic; 01-16-2012, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X