Kirby: Genesis reprints?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kirby: Genesis reprints?

Dynamite should put out some trade paperback reprints to support the Kirby: Genesis franchise:

1. Silver Star (originally Pacific Comics)
    2. Captain Victory and the Galactic Rangers (Pacific Comics)
    3. Jack Kirby's Secret City Saga (originally Topps Comics)
    4. The Kirby: Genesis Companion (a collection of original Kirby character sketches and notes, along with Alex Ross' character redesigns and notes, and character commentary by Kurt Busiek)
    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

I think reprints are a good idea. I would buy "Captain Victory and his galactic Rangers" because I would like to read the whole run. Here in Germany you only got the first eight issues in a Graphic Novel-size and I hate uncomplete series. The same goes for "Silver Star" where I got only the first two issues in pocket book-size.

I started collecting Kirby Genesis and the other series because Ive grown up during the seventies with Lee & Kirbys Marvel stuff from the early sixties.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing these printed, I personally wouldn't use them as "canon" within the Kirby-verse we've got going on here, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy having the material. Good idea!
      Dynamite Entertainment
      Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Originally posted by positronic View Post
        Dynamite should put out some trade paperback reprints to support the Kirby: Genesis franchise:

1. Silver Star (originally Pacific Comics)
        2. Captain Victory and the Galactic Rangers (Pacific Comics)
        3. Jack Kirby's Secret City Saga (originally Topps Comics)
        4. The Kirby: Genesis Companion (a collection of original Kirby character sketches and notes, along with Alex Ross' character redesigns and notes, and character commentary by Kurt Busiek)
        I would love to see all of the above and a collection of all the aborted Topps Kirbyverse series' as there was some great stuff in those issues people may have overlooked.

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
          I wouldn't mind seeing these printed, I personally wouldn't use them as "canon" within the Kirby-verse we've got going on here, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy having the material. Good idea!
          Busiek said that both kirby series from Pacific, CapVictory and SilvStar, are both canon to the current titles, but everything else like SCS isn't.

Comment

I know the Silver Star trade from Image is available digitally on Comixology if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Hargad View Post
              Busiek said that both kirby series from Pacific, CapVictory and SilvStar, are both canon to the current titles, but everything else like SCS isn't.
              Yes, but the great thing about comics is that you can make of it what you wish. I choose not to count anything that took place before the Dynamite titles, it's a personal preference and I'm sure I'm not the only one, many probably have no idea the Pacific titles even exist unless they're a hardcore fan of Kirby's work.
              Dynamite Entertainment
              Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
                Yes, but the great thing about comics is that you can make of it what you wish. I choose not to count anything that took place before the Dynamite titles, it's a personal preference and I'm sure I'm not the only one, many probably have no idea the Pacific titles even exist unless they're a hardcore fan of Kirby's work.
                Do you not count the events and just not the comics, cause some of the stuff is referenced in Genesis which makes it happen, but the comics themselves didn't have to, if that makes any sense , sorry if it does. Kind of like DCnU, some events occurred and are part of the characters but the comics didn't happen, again, sorry if that makes no sense, just finished writing 70 pages of a script after 2 hours of sleep. Good night coming early for me.

Comment

Well, it didn't make sense until you compared it to the New DC 52 universe (vs. Old DCU), now it makes sense why things wouldn't make sense. If that makes any sense.
                  DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Working...
                  X