Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Nick Barucci (sp) President of Dynamite Entertainment. Please read!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Nick Barucci (sp) President of Dynamite Entertainment. Please read!

Okay,

I know you have plans on cancelling the Kirby comic books you publish and then plan on bringing them back sometime in 2013 (but probably wont), but I'm begging you from the bottom of my heart to keep the comics going as they are a great bond between me and my younger brother who's currently ill and actually living in a childrens hospital until he gets better. I got so into these books and when he saw I was fond of them he asked me to grab him some, this was last November around the time SS and CV hit the stands so I grabbed him the #1's as well as what was current of the Genesis book. We've read them together and look forward to when a new book comes out within this line of books and whenever they do I bring them to his hospital and we read them together, it's really nice and a fun bonding experience for us. I'm 19, he's 9, and he's currently sick with both a tumor growing on his spinal cord and he has MS, he's scheduled for a surgery next month and.....well, that's not important. What's important is the bond we share together and the new Kirby line from your company is a HUGE piece of that. I'm trying to get him into the new Voltron book as well as WoM and he's liking them too, but not nearly as much as the Kirby books.

I think if you promoted them a bit more and maybe put some more info of them on your main web page than more people would jump aboard, but they should be on time too, lol just saying. There is a world to explore here, I hope we get to explore it!

I would like to echo Chadsters sentiments by saying I bought in fully to the Genesis line, purchasing every issue published under that banner. Many consumers have come to Dynamite and other smaller publishers because they have tired of the big 2 companies constantly crushing their favorite titles no matter how much critical and fan support they receive simply due to the bottom dollar. Yet they refuse to promote them with one tenth of the fervor they do for their mainstream books which need little added marketing. I, too, implore you not to go the way of those publishers and instead strive to meet the wants of your readers. Do not walk away from Kirby: Genesis like you did with Project: Superpowers. Go back to the drawing board, if necessary, regroup and reload and bring back the Kirbyverse with a vengeance.

Thank you for your time,
    Bugsy

Comment

Yeah, I don't want these books to go anywhere either, especially since they're basically my main "Superhero Universe" at the moment and I've been buying issues at comic book stores to give to friends and family in an effort to get others to start reading this line. So far, I've turned 2 people onto the books to where they are going to their LCS to buy them for themselves, I'm excited about that!

Any which way, if Dynamite ditches the Genesis line of comics because the sales aren't on part with Warlord of Mars or The Boys, I will be greatly disappointed and it would be a long time until I trust Dynamite with a "universe" of characters again, especially since I was heavily invested into Project Superpowers with both my heart and my money just to see it come crashing down. Still bitter over that one.
      Dynamite Entertainment
      Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Count me in as another who hopes the line sticks around. They laid the foundation for a sci-fi superhero universe that has a real niche to fill today (given that neither of the Big 2 seem interested in cosmic type stories at the moment). Not sure how they should market or manage the Kirbyverse, but I do hope they figure something out. I've enjoyed these books quite a bit.

Comment

:/

I will be honest. The Kirby: Genesis book brought me back to collecting comics after a 8 year hiatus of never having bought a single issue. I wanted something fresh and as soon as I saw these characters I fell in love with them and jumped right on the Kirby bandwagon, as soon as I had Silver Star #1, Genesis #4, and Captain Victory #1 in my hands I knew I was in love and that Dynamite has brought back the excitement to my feelings on comics and how great they really can be. Since then I've picked up other series by Dynamite Entertainment, and while most were good and some great, none of them give me the amazing feeling I get from the Kirby books. If Dynamite really ditches them than I may just be done with the company since these titles are what got me into dynamite to begin with.

PLEASE DONT TAKE MY COMICS AWAY FROM ME.

:/

Comment

I sincerely hope that the Genesis books are not coming to an end anytime soon, I've put so much time and effort into seeking this books out and reading them multiple times over that they've become my strongest lifeline to comic books over the past several months and I've even given up the "New 52" to focus specifically on the Genesis titles. To hear that they will be "finishing up" and then "revisited in late 2013" does not give me a good feeling in my guy, especially since I absolutely fell in love with Project Superpowers and thought it would be around forever just to see it vanish with a nice "stay tuned" from Nick at the C2E2.

Please Dynamite, if you have ANY respect for your fans, if you have any shred of dignity for your company, PLEASE don't take the rout that Marvel and DC have taken where they put out a series and under-promote it and then strike it down when sales aren't what was expected, it's not fair to those who grow attached to those books. I really hope Dynamite does the right thing for the fans here......

Comment

KIRBY Genesis is the only modern comic I buy...along with Dragonsbane & sometimes Silver Star. Killing off this series would really not be cool. If the numbers aren't good enough, I could live without Capt Victory & Silver Star...but the other 2 are awesome!

Comment

President/Publisher

Guys,

I just wrote a very lengthy response to try and hit all points, and for some reason, it didn't save and all of it is lost. I'm going to try and hit each question and give information, but it will be shorter this time.

Kirby: Genesis is important to us. We would not have brought in Kurt Busiek with Alex Ross together if it was not important. Unfortunatley, the books have been late for a variety of reasons, from sick creators to creators who could not handle the characters and bailed from the books. The books are late, and too many retailers and fans have left the books. We're going to complete the existing storylines because we do respect our fans. If we did not, we would cancel the series midstory to not lose money on those that are losing money.

We're going to come back to the universe and bring it back as strong as possible. It won't happen overnight, it will take time and planning. But it's worth it for us. We don't like to have series cancelled to bring back, we would prefer they go on forever, as that's the best way to continue, but life doesn't always work out for us at Dynamite that way.

We're finishing up the current Kirby stories, and will come back. It will take time, but I'm sure you'll enjoy the "Re-Birth".

best!

Nick

Comment

What is going to be the last issue of Kirby Genesis (main title)?

I think the delays have taken steam out of the title. The Green Hornet and Kirby Genesis got me back into comics. Will hate to see KG go.

Maybe this will free up resources to restart Project Superpowers.

Comment

Originally posted by Britt68 View Post
                    What is going to be the last issue of Kirby Genesis (main title)?

I think the delays have taken steam out of the title. The Green Hornet and Kirby Genesis got me back into comics. Will hate to see KG go.

Maybe this will free up resources to restart Project Superpowers.
                    Well, at C2E2 Nick said to "stay tuned" for more Project Superpowers so we know it's coming, plus he mentioned here that they were waiting for a bigger name to help relaunch the project. He also said in his comment here that Genesis will return and at the C2E2 said something about 2013, so it's not that far away depending upon when in 2013 we see the "rebirth" as he called it.
                    Dynamite Entertainment
                    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

I'm willing to wait, but NOT FOREVER! Please Nick, don't make us wait too long. If these books end during the summer than that gives you guys 6-7 months to get back on track for 2013 and you could launch in like Feb or something and bring us our favorite heroes and villains at that point, you'd have half a year to get stuff "in the can", that's more than enough time. I just feel it's unfair when a publisher launches a "universe" and than doesn't come through or ends it really soon, it's such a tease to the fans and not fair to those who've clamped onto those books. Simply finishing an arc doesn't satiate our thirst.

Comment

Originally posted by nickybdynamite View Post
                        The books are late, and too many retailers and fans have left the books. We're going to complete the existing storylines because we do respect our fans. If we did not, we would cancel the series midstory to not lose money on those that are losing money.
                        Appreciate that, and I do believe you, but...

Originally posted by nickybdynamite View Post
                        We're going to come back to the universe and bring it back as strong as possible. It won't happen overnight, it will take time and planning. But it's worth it for us. We don't like to have series cancelled to bring back, we would prefer they go on forever, as that's the best way to continue, but life doesn't always work out for us at Dynamite that way.
                        I'm tired of reading this. That said, I fully understand that you're even more tired of writing it.

I'm already waiting for a relaunch of PSP (which seemingly keeps getting pushed further and further back), the completion of Green Hornet Strikes, the conclusion of the Last Phantom story and now the end of Genesis. But on another thread you ask us to give Prophecy a chance.

You know, I'd like to, but every time Dynamite promotes a book, I can't help but assume that I'll end up frustrated again down the road. I have no reason to believe that things will be any different with Prophecy and it dampens my enthusiasm for it. If there was one book I thought would be safe from that it was Genesis, but same old, same old.

I'm tired of setting myself up for disappointment to support a company that I want to enjoy but can't because it keeps killing its own momentum. Of course, I also know that NOT getting it is no solution, and that some of the problems are out of your (Dynamite's) control, so I admit that I don't know what to do anymore.

Comment

This will be it for me. I will give Dynamite this ONE last chance to make good on their promises to get things back up and running and if they come through with their promise than I will support it all the way through, if they screw it up I may just abandon the company as a whole and go back to DC Comics since they can at least get their stuff out on time. By "2013" I'm hoping that it goes down within the first half of the year and not toward the end of the year, that wouldn't be fair and it would be a typical cop-out to say that they'll be back in 2013 only to end up releasing the first new issue in like November/December......

Dynamite, I love you.....I do, but the way you handled the Project Superpowers line and now the Genesis books I don't know if I can continue to do this anymore. I've done nothing but help promote your company through doing posts in my blog, to retweeting your Twitter posts, to posting about Dynamite on every forum I'm a member of, all I wan't from you is to release these Genesis books on time and ongoing so that we have a fresh, original hero universe to follow full of great characters. When it comes back, promote it for god's sake, spam it everywhere and get it off the ground, the more books the better and the more promotion the better. A product on the shelf goes a long way when you alert people out of your circle about it.

Again, this better be within the first half of 2013 or I'm done. I've waited long enough for Project Superpowers and I've got NOTHING to show for it, and I won't wait forever for Genesis. My money will go right back to DC Comics and not to Dynamite, and believe me....I DON'T want to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by manga4life View Post
                            ...to retweeting your Twitter posts...
                            Let's see...

You love Dynamite.

You appear to like Atlas as well.

You detest Marvel.

Consider yourself followed.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
                              Let's see...

You love Dynamite.

You appear to like Atlas as well.

You detest Marvel.

Consider yourself followed.
                              To be honest, I haven't posted much since the beginning of the year and my blog content has been NIL since the beginning of the year as well, I've kind of considered retirement from active blogging, posting, social media. My Twitter has a few hundred followers and my blog has had over 130,000 followers since it's launch, but I'm just not "feeling" it anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X