Kirby: Genesis #7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kirby: Genesis #7

Anyone grab this issue yet? It was pretty awesome, best issue of the series since the 2nd or 3rd in my opinion, I think it was probably the action scenes that I enjoyed the best this month.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Absurdly good! Hard to imagine nobody buying this book. Although, I tried to talk it up to the owner of my local LCS
    and he told me that he couldn't get into it because he wasn't familiar with the characters.

Simply put, it is one of the best drawn, best written books I've seen. Just stunning!

Peace,

Mont

Comment

Originally posted by Kimoyo View Post
      Absurdly good! Hard to imagine nobody buying this book. Although, I tried to talk it up to the owner of my local LCS
      and he told me that he couldn't get into it because he wasn't familiar with the characters.
      Well, with Project Superpowers and Kirby Genesis both having a strong build-up and sales push from DE, only to fizzle saleswise, I have to wonder if that's not exactly the problem. Both series were in effect "crossovers" or "event limited series" that had no pre-existing titles to familiarize the public with at least some of the characters. I wonder if the sheer bulk and diversity of new characters in both these series wasn't off-putting to a large segment of the comic buying public.

Perhaps Dynamite should look at this, and think about a slow roll-out for any new universes it decides to create. In other words, start with a bunch of mini-series (not all at once) introducing individual characters and groups of characters, and build it up through background connections between the various miniseries, before doing a big series featuring dozens of new characters. It may be difficult for most people to keep track of them all, and a little overwhelming.
      Last edited by positronic; 04-27-2012, 01:51 AM.
      DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Actually, sales for both Project Superpowers and Kirby: Genesis were/are perfectly fine. Both titles lived within the top 150 of the Diamond 300 list and it was only the spin-off books that suffered from poor sales, actually, more than a few times both Project Superpowers and Kirby: Genesis made it within the top 100 Diamond sales charts. Genesis' lateness has helped it fall a little deeper, but the book is still selling well and has been one of the highest ordered non Marvel/DC/Image book since it's inception.

As for issue #7.......loved it!

Comment

I'll take your word for it that those books were among DE's better selling titles, but it makes it all the more baffing then, why wouldn't DE put more effort into keeping things going with these franchises???
          DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Yeah, Genesis sold really well at first and then dropped to around the 130-150 mark in the orders charts, which is still stellar for a title put out by someone other than Marvel and DC. Issue 7 of Genesis was fantastic, the story is really coming together and I feel like this issue really set the stage for what will be an amazing grand finale. Props to Busiek and Herbert on this amazing book, and I'll give Dynamite even bigger props if they revisit the universe SOONER in 2013 than LATER.

Comment

I cried a little when I read this, I really don't wan't the Genesis books to end.

I hope 2013 see's a total re-birth of the universe that connects to the current books, I wan't to see it hit stands no more than April of next year.

Please NICK, give us Kirby!

Comment

I hate to see this series go. The storylines are complex, engaging and have a lot of moving parts. The art is visually stunning. The owner of the store I frequent highly rated the title.

I think there were two problems. First, the issues came out late. I think the first one came out April 2011 and he we are 13 months later and only on issue #7. I know I got tired of waiting and got into other titles. Then the next issue came out and I was totally into it, only to be disappointed by a long wait. I have been thrilled with the 2 issues coming out in the last 4 weeks. Second, I think they tried to expand too fast. The only spinoff I really enjoy is Dragonsbane, which is totally different than any other title I read.

Maybe we get Project Superpowers later this year and then KG comes back late 2013.

Comment

Genesis will be back in 2013, but we still have the final issue of Genesis as well as 2-3 more issues of Silver Star and Captain Victory, and one last issue of Dragonsbane I believe!

Comment

Working...
                  X