Project Superpowers Submissions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Superpowers Submissions?

So after typing my opinions on the line's current hiatus (in another thread) I started reconsidering the way I was thinking. I had a thought, and I don't even know if they would go for it, but I'm a writer and I'm sure others around here write as well. I've had a short comicbook story published through the Comicbook Artist Guild that was released at last year's NYCC and have another one coming out at this year's NYCC. I've so far released two eBooks (and am working to get the paperbacks out) with tons more in mind.

So my thought: Why don't I try to submit some ideas for the PSP line? I love to write, I love this line, I love the characters involved. I have a few ideas for some oneshots or a mini series or two that could easily "hold over" fans until Chapter 3 finds the right creative team. They would follow up on characters following the events of Chapter 2 without digging too far in what is to come since I don't actually know what their plans are.

I've been reading the PSP line over the past few days in chronolical order including all oneshots, minis, and the Black Terror ongoing. I'm most the way through Chapter 2 right now and already have a couple ideas that's taking root in my brain... so I think I'm going to submit some of them.

I'm not expecting anything but you never know. I'd rather contribute to the line for cheap and keep some interest in it than to let it just die. It's better than complaining anyhow.

Any other writers around here think that's something we could possibly attempt? Does anyone think that'd be something Dynamite would be interested in? I'm just curious what your thoughts would be.

Submissions to THE PROJECT.

Originally posted by JewishHobbit View Post
    So after typing my opinions on the line's current hiatus (in another thread) I started reconsidering the way I was thinking. I had a thought, and I don't even know if they would go for it, but I'm a writer and I'm sure others around here write as well. I've had a short comicbook story published through the Comicbook Artist Guild that was released at last year's NYCC and have another one coming out at this year's NYCC. I've so far released two eBooks (and am working to get the paperbacks out) with tons more in mind.

So my thought: Why don't I try to submit some ideas for the PSP line? I love to write, I love this line, I love the characters involved. I have a few ideas for some oneshots or a mini series or two that could easily "hold over" fans until Chapter 3 finds the right creative team. They would follow up on characters following the events of Chapter 2 without digging too far in what is to come since I don't actually know what their plans are.

I've been reading the PSP line over the past few days in chronolical order including all oneshots, minis, and the Black Terror ongoing. I'm most the way through Chapter 2 right now and already have a couple ideas that's taking root in my brain... so I think I'm going to submit some of them.

I'm not expecting anything but you never know. I'd rather contribute to the line for cheap and keep some interest in it than to let it just die. It's better than complaining anyhow.

Any other writers around here think that's something we could possibly attempt? Does anyone think that'd be something Dynamite would be interested in? I'm just curious what your thoughts would be.
    Man, I think that's a GREAT IDEA!! I think you SHOULD submit some of those story ideas or stories to DE and see what happens.

"It's better to light one candle than to curse the darkness".
    You've got some experience with your books being published..... why not submit to Nick and see what happens.

Please let us know. Send a resume' with with story ideas/or stories and see what kind of feedback you get.
    I want to do the same. I worked for a while as a comicbook writer and I've been kicking around some ideas myself. Even started a story or two. (Oh, if Nick would only give us a chance.)

But, back to you,... DO IT. And see what happens. We all want THE PROJECT to come back. Some of the foundation is pretty shakey ....but let us know what Nick says.

I was reading Alan Moore's LOEG 2009--- and he used a word or two I was looking for.

"Fractal Space".
    My submission to Nick was going to be about this "COLLECTOR" who had an Engineer ...a Time Engineer. The Collector was building a collection of super-heroes (from the Golden Age) and he was storing his collection outside of time and space.
    Each hero was taken right after his/her last adventure. (That's why those indexes are kinda important.) I wanted to re-write each of the hero's last adventure --- and then this "Collector" shows up and stops time--- and takes them to this place beyond time. He keeps them in "statis" until he decides he wants to sell his collection.
    Enter 2013. And his attempt to sell his collection.

(Keeps the heroes from aging!!) We keep seeing Mobius' character or DR. Who's tardis or whatever come by.

I would need an artist(s) for the heroes of each group. One artist for their last Golden Age adventure and an Artist when they are brought into 2013.

Anyway, "Fractal Space" in Moore's 2009 story reminded me of my story. (half-written)
    Ramblings!!

Nick, give us a message that you've found someone to write PSP!!
    Come on, these heroes are full of potential --- they just need a little quality writing and art however they're done.

I have a headache so I'll have to stop posting for awhile--- but I wanted to add this:

The Original Golden Age Blue Beetle should be re-named: Dan Garret, .....THE BLUE SCARAB!!
    (I'm going to lay down.)
    Last edited by magnoanddavey; 07-30-2012, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X