Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dream writer/artist for Genesis/Project Superpowers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it seems we are more in agreement (with the major exception of Morrison's take on the Fourth World) than I first got the impression. Still waiting for a collected edition of Starlin's DC Comics Presents work (introducing Mongul) myself.
    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

I have to add that in all honesty, I thought both Captain Victory and Silver Star were some of Kirby's weakest work, compared to the body of his entire career. There were bits and pieces and nuggets in there with potential, but somehow neither one ever really gelled for me. On the other hand, some of Kirby's ideas were just SO far ahead of his time -- take the Mother Box, for instance. What was Kirby talking about but the iPhone? A super-advanced iPhone, I'll grant you, SO advanced as to have artificial sentience and to not only extend its owner's powers into the cybernetic realm, but to protect and heal and bond with its owner's emotions. I still think this is not beyond the realm of possibility, some time in the future.
      DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Re-post of "Dream writers/artists for Project Superpowers!!

Originally posted by magnoanddavey View Post
        My choice for Dream writer/artist for Project Superpowers would be Chris Roberson and Alex Ross.

If Roberson can deliver a script that has brought Alex Ross to paint some interiors, .... then I would like to believe Roberson could fix and bring new life into THE PROJECT.

OK, I reposted this.

If Ross won't do interiors then:

I would like to see Darwyn Cooke do the 1940's version of the heroes and then, when moved to the present time:

Have artists like Yanick Paquette, Frank Quitely, and Tom Grummett do the art.

Let Grant Morrison/Roberson write the present day adventures of the heroes.

And we all know, that if the script was strong, and Alex "got on board" --- PROJECT: SUPERPOWERS could "live" again.

DE wouldn't have to go far for Chris Roberson/ Ross team. They already work there.

Dreams are a funny thing.
        Well, of course, most of these guys wouldn't work for DE because they work at DC... but the kind of art these guys deliver is the kind of art I think is necessary. Clear, clean, and well-defined.

Comment

Well, of course, most of these guys wouldn't work for DE because they work at DC... but the kind of art these guys deliver is the kind of art I think is necessary. Clear, clean, and well-defined.
          I think Tom Grummett (whose work I love) would be get-able. Paquette and Quitely (whose work I also love; Paquette did Terra Obscura, but is the regular artist on Swamp Thing now) are kept very busy (and, I suspect, highly-paid) by DC on a regular basis. Grant Morrison is probably out of the question as his pay rate is strictly A-list.

Comment

What about "DnA"? They're pretty good at large scale stories as well as handling teams and cosmic style affairs, they could tell a fun story set in the Project Superpowers universe.
            Dynamite Entertainment
            Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
              What about "DnA"? They're pretty good at large scale stories as well as handling teams and cosmic style affairs, they could tell a fun story set in the Project Superpowers universe.
              They just launched a new creator-owned title, Hypernaturals, from Boom! Studios. I suspect this spins off a lot of unused ideas from their Legion of Super-Heroes run. I was never as crazy about their earthbound, non-SF stuff, but must admit that the short-lived Heroes For Hire/Villains For Hire was pretty good. If the creator-owned gig doesn't take off for them, I'd think they'd be far better suited to something from Kirby Genesis than PSP.
              Last edited by positronic; 07-29-2012, 10:51 AM.

Comment

How about the impossible: Alan Moore and Chris Sprouse??

Originally posted by positronic View Post
                I think Tom Grummett (whose work I love) would be get-able. Paquette and Quitely (whose work I also love; Paquette did Terra Obscura, but is the regular artist on Swamp Thing now) are kept very busy (and, I suspect, highly-paid) by DC on a regular basis. Grant Morrison is probably out of the question as his pay rate is strictly A-list.
                You know who I'd go after, if Nick hired me.?? Alan Moore.
                DE is NOT Marvel or DC--- and I'd set up a contract that would be agreeable to Moore. Maybe he's tired of sitting on the side-lines by now.
                Or maybe some one could convince him to return to Super-Hero comics.

I know he's said he won't return, right??
                But I'd give him a try. Talk to him, at least.

Remind him that Alex Ross would love to work with him on a project.

And maybe that could induce Chris Sprouse to sign on. And who KNOWS who would sign on to work with Alan, if he would "return". Just maybe, enough different artists to draw the GOLDEN AGE ADVENTURES and the present day adventures of the PSP heroes.

It would stagger the imagination to have him come on board, and write a new "go" on The Project.
                I'd go to his doorstep --- and could even be induced to plead with him on DE's behalf,--- to sign him up as the main writer for these Golden Age heroes.

(I'd rename Blue Beetle--- The Blue Scarab--- and team him with The Flame and Samson, too!! As The BIG THREE.) That Original GOLDEN AGE BLUE BEETLE should return.

Giving Alan Moore a chance to write The Blue Beetle, Crimebuster, THE CLAW, The Original DAREDEVIL, IRONJAW, and all of the other Golden Age Heroes that DE has with PSP--- might be an inducement to Mr. Moore.

Hey, I'd give him a he** of a sales pitch--- if he was inclined to listen.
                Last edited by magnoanddavey; 07-30-2012, 07:54 PM.

Comment

There are writers and artists around for PSP!! NICK!!

Hogan & Sprouse would be great, too.!!
                  Chuck Dixon, Marv Wolfman....Roy Thomas!!

Comment

OMG yes Alan Moore. And Roy Thomas would be cool!

Comment

Yeah, he quit. He doesn't care about money. Doesn't care about superheroes at this point either. You'd pretty much have to threaten his family and/or hold a gun to his head (and I'm not even sure that would work).

Comment

Alan Moore and The Project---- NEVER!!

Yeah, he quit. He doesn't care about money. Doesn't care about superheroes at this point either. You'd pretty much have to threaten his family and/or hold a gun to his head (and I'm not even sure that would work).
                        Maybe a magic spell.!!??

It's really ashame that he won't return. I can understand some of his reasons--- but it's painful to know what a great writer he is--- and only be getting LOEG 2009. Just painful. Well, I guess we'll just have to "soldier on" without him. (Darn it!!) Well, I've managed to say nothing to move this along.

Alan, I still want to talk to you. Call me.

Comment

Well, there's his stuff published by Avatar, which isn't really "new" material so much as authorized adaptations of slightly older, obscurer things he's written originally for other media. Which, if you've read any of these things, is not Moore at the top of his game, IMO. So, maybe it's better to exit gracefully and "leave them wanting mo(o)re" than it is to, say, go the way of Frank Miller.

Comment

Leave 'em laughin' !!!!

Well, there's his stuff published by Avatar, which isn't really "new" material so much as authorized adaptations of slightly older, obscurer things he's written originally for other media. Which, if you've read any of these things, is not Moore at the top of his game, IMO. So, maybe it's better to exit gracefully and "leave them wanting mo(o)re" than it is to, say, go the way of Frank Miller.
                            Yeah, a very valid point. "Leave 'em wanting mo(o)re"!!! ...especially if you can't deliver the goods.
                            Leave when you're still ahead. (And, Yeah, Frank may be losing "it".)

Comment

(And, Yeah, Frank may be losing "it".)
                              Sadly, I think Miller already has pretty much gone round the bend. Very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
                                Sadly, I think Miller already has pretty much gone round the bend. Very sad.
                                Very sad. Around the bend. He was exciting when he was hungery. Now, ...not so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X