Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dream writer/artist for Genesis/Project Superpowers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by magnoanddavey View Post
    Very sad. Around the bend. He was exciting when he was hungery. Now, ...not so much.
    I thought his work was still quite strong up to 300 and the last Sin City story (That Yellow Bastard?)

Then came All Star Batman and The Dark Knight Strikes Again. Did not even bother to read Holy Terror.
    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

... actually I was thinking about his sanity...

Comment

Originally posted by positronic View Post
        I thought his work was still quite strong up to 300 and the last Sin City story (That Yellow Bastard?)

Then came All Star Batman and The Dark Knight Strikes Again. Did not even bother to read Holy Terror.
        Neither did I. But I did pick up his first Daredevil. Was it DD and a gravestone plus villain??

Anyway, Hogan and Sprouse as the team to bring the Golden Age heroes to the present under the banner of PROJECT: SUPERPOWERS.!!

What do ya say, NICK???
        Last edited by magnoanddavey; 08-12-2012, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
          ... actually I was thinking about his sanity...
          Yep, around the G** D***** bend.

Comment

Anyway, Hogan and Sprouse as the team to bring the Golden Age heroes to the present under the banner of PROJECT: SUPERPOWERS.!!

What do ya say, NICK???
            Oooooooooo... poaching the Tom Strong/Terra Obscura creative team. Talk about picking a fight with a 900-lb gorilla. What if the boys get confused and can't remember which version of the characters they're working on?
            DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Oooooooooo... poaching the Tom Strong/Terra Obscura creative team. Talk about picking a fight with a 900-lb gorilla. What if the boys get confused and can't remember which version of the characters they're working on?
              At this point, poaching a quality team for PSP--- I'm prepared to do.

If they can't remember which version--- Close enough.!! Just get us PSP back.

Hey, will anyone tell us where they are at with PSP?? Like Nick?? How long does this go on before someone comes on and posts: "OK, guys. We've found a writer and an artist --- and we've started PSP again."

Here are some of the pages:

When does that happen.???

How many YEARS have we been hanging on??
              Last edited by magnoanddavey; 08-13-2012, 01:57 AM.

Comment

How many YEARS have we been hanging on??
                It was too many when they had to add the S on the end. Speaking of waiting for years and years and years and YEARS for something, sometimes it doesn't turn out like you'd hoped. Case in point, the recent return of Neal Adams to working for DC and Marvel. Underwhelming is an understatement. The longer Nick makes us wait for the return of PSP, the more impressive the product better be.

Comment

It was too many when they had to add the S on the end. Speaking of waiting for years and years and years and YEARS for something, sometimes it doesn't turn out like you'd hoped. Case in point, the recent return of Neal Adams to working for DC and Marvel. Underwhelming is an understatement. The longer Nick makes us wait for the return of PSP, the more impressive the product better be.
                  Yeah, but I would be glad to be impressed without a number of more years going by. Something could happen before then. I could forget to be able to read.
                  My eyes could go bad. I might have to move my collection and be unable to find my copies of PSP.
                  I hope you're right!! But I'm ready to be impressed ....soon.

Comment

Yeah, but I would be glad to be impressed without a number of more years going by. Something could happen before then. I could forget to be able to read.
                    My eyes could go bad. I might have to move my collection and be unable to find my copies of PSP.
                    I hope you're right!! But I'm ready to be impressed ....soon.
                    You could wind up like Burgess Meredith in that Twilight Zone episode "Time Enough At Last"...

Comment

Not a P:SP thing, but it is golden age: the November solicits for Dark Horse show that the Dark Horse Presents anthology will have a new Captain Midnight feature. Slightly excited by this -- any golden age goodness is welcome in my book.

Now if Dynamite will just step it up and get us Chapter 3.

Comment

And here's the Dark Horse solicitation for that issue of Dark Horse Presents #18:

Captain Midnight strikes! The masked avenger flies into the twenty-first century courtesy of writer Joshua Williamson (Xenoholics, Voodoo) and artist Victor Ibáñez (Rat Catcher). The thrills begin again at the stroke of midnight!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Captain Midnight DHP18.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	48642

Not familiar with the work of Victor Ibáñez, but I suspect it won't look half as cool as that Steve Rude cover. Hmm, just looked him up on Google and his art looks pretty good from what I can see. But does an aviator hero really even work in the twenty-first century? Would have preferred a period piece.
                        Last edited by positronic; 08-17-2012, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Just saw the first issue solicit for Masks over at Bleeding Cool, and it mentions that the Green Lama and Black Terror will be appearing in the series.

Could this be a prelude to the return of P:SP?

Comment

Captain Midnight returns!! Yaaaayyy!!

And here's the Dark Horse solicitation for that issue of Dark Horse Presents #18:

Captain Midnight strikes! The masked avenger flies into the twenty-first century courtesy of writer Joshua Williamson (Xenoholics, Voodoo) and artist Victor Ibáñez (Rat Catcher). The thrills begin again at the stroke of midnight!

[ATTACH]489[/ATTACH]

Not familiar with the work of Victor Ibáñez, but I suspect it won't look half as cool as that Steve Rude cover. Hmm, just looked him up on Google and his art looks pretty good from what I can see. But does an aviator hero really even work in the twenty-first century? Would have preferred a period piece.
                            Hey, Captain Midnight was one of my favorite heroes during the 1950's!!
                            I drank so much Ovaltine, I think I overdosed several times!!
                            Maybe Rude should draw it.!!(What happened to THE MOTH??)

Great cover. Hope the interior art is as good.!! Usually, I like one feature in Dark Horse Presents and have to pay way too much for it.
                            Black Beetle was the last.

Hope these guys get their own books!! (If they are any good.)
                            Good point about an aviator hero in the twenty-first century.!! I thought the same thing.
                            Last edited by magnoanddavey; 08-18-2012, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Let Us Hope!!

Originally posted by jsf View Post
                              Just saw the first issue solicit for Masks over at Bleeding Cool, and it mentions that the Green Lama and Black Terror will be appearing in the series.

Could this be a prelude to the return of P:SP?
                              I sure hope it is a prelude .... Come on, Nick, .... bring back PSP!!

Comment

You could wind up like Burgess Meredith in that Twilight Zone episode "Time Enough At Last"...
                                Yeah, .....and break my glasses!!

I hate it when that happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X