Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dream writer/artist for Genesis/Project Superpowers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsf View Post
    Not a P:SP thing, but it is golden age: the November solicits for Dark Horse show that the Dark Horse Presents anthology will have a new Captain Midnight feature. Slightly excited by this -- any golden age goodness is welcome in my book.

Now if Dynamite will just step it up and get us Chapter 3.
    They lost their audience for Chapter 3--- I think they should start PSP over, and try a little more quality this time.

They continued to lose fans--- no matter how much we liked the return of the Golden Age heroes.

I say they have wonderful "potential" ..... if you get a quality writer and artist to re-set the return of these heroes.

You have to "RECAPTURE" the IMAGINATION of the fan-base with some REALLY QUALITY artwork and a GREAT STORY to get fandom "talking the Project up" again.

sHORT OF THAT.....

Comment

Originally posted by magnoanddavey View Post
      Hey, Captain Midnight was one of my favorite heroes during the 1950's!!
      I drank so much Ovaltine, I think I overdosed several times!!
      Maybe Rude should draw it.!!(What happened to THE MOTH??)
      I wish I knew. That one had potential. People like Steve Rude and Alex Ross represent, to my mind, the pinnacle of what I admire in a comic artist (or any other kind of artist, come to think of it)... they aren't just guns for hire, they have a vision and a philosophy behind their art and an uncompromising integrity to back up. Robot 6 recently interviewed Rude about his artistic process.

I still drink Ovaltine. Didn't know about the Captain Midnight connection when I started drinking it, but was tickled when I discovered that fact in Jim Harmon's Nostalgia Catalogue and The Great Radio Heroes.

Great cover. Hope the interior art is as good.!! Usually, I like one feature in Dark Horse Presents and have to pay way too much for it.
      Black Beetle was the last.
      Wait. Short series within Dark Horse Presents sometimes eventually get reprinted in a one-shot comic. They did this with Peter Hogan and Steve Parkhouse's Resident Alien (recommended) and Thomas Yeats' The Once and Future Tarzan (due in October). Francesco Francavilla announced that his Black Beetle stories from DHP will be reprinted in a one-shot in January 2013. He also announced a BB miniseries, No Way Out, coming from Dark Horse next year. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Nexus one-shot soon collecting Baron and Rude's short stories from DHP.

Hope these guys get their own books!! (If they are any good.)
      Good point about an aviator hero in the twenty-first century.!! I thought the same thing.
      I guess there's two ways to read that solicitation as: "winging his way into the twenty-first century" (of comic book publishing) but still set in the 1940s -- or as, the character (in story) is revived from the 1940s into 2012. Hoping for the former, but we'll see.
      Last edited by positronic; 08-18-2012, 05:19 AM.
      DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

MASKS, BLACK BEETLE, CAPTAIN MIDNITE!!

Originally posted by positronic View Post
        I wish I knew. That one had potential. People like Steve Rude and Alex Ross represent, to my mind, the pinnacle of what I admire in a comic artist (or any other kind of artist, come to think of it)... they aren't just guns for hire, they have a vision and a philosophy behind their art and an uncompromising integrity to back up. Robot 6 recently interviewed Rude about his artistic process.

I still drink Ovaltine. Didn't know about the Captain Midnight connection when I started drinking it, but was tickled when I discovered that fact in Jim Harmon's Nostalgia Catalogue and The Great Radio Heroes.

Wait. Short series within Dark Horse Presents sometimes eventually get reprinted in a one-shot comic. They did this with Peter Hogan and Steve Parkhouse's Resident Alien (recommended) and Thomas Yeats' The Once and Future Tarzan (due in October). Francesco Francavilla announced that his Black Beetle stories from DHP will be reprinted in a one-shot in January 2013. He also announced a BB miniseries, No Way Out, coming from Dark Horse next year. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Nexus one-shot soon collecting Baron and Rude's short stories from DHP.

I guess there's two ways to read that solicitation as: "winging his way into the twenty-first century" (of comic book publishing) but still set in the 1940s -- or as, the character (in story) is revived from the 1940s into 2012. Hoping for the former, but we'll see.
        Well, you certainly have given me something to look forward to besides MASKS. BLACK BEETLE and CAPTAIN MIDNITE will be on my pull-list to see how good they really are. Thank you!!

Your observations about Rude and Ross are "right on". I agree whole-heartedly.
        Wished they would put Rude on the CAPTAIN MIDNITE ....we don't see enough of him.

Some other suggestions As "Dream writer/artist for Project: SuperPowers":
        writer: Chuck Dixon
        Artist: Ron Frenz (doing a cross between Kirby and John Buscema.)
        Writer Ed Brubaker. Left Marvel. Might have some "time" on his hands.
        Artist: Tom Gamill
        Writer: Doug Moench
        Writer: Chris Roberson
        Writer/Editor: Roy Thomas
        Artist: Alex Ross
        (Sending me to England to have "a little talk" with Alan Moore!!)

Word is out that other creators have left DC. Could they work for a return of PROJECT: SUPERPOWERS???

Nick, give us a sign!! Let us know that PSP is still a possibility.

Man, I feel like a "thread killer"!! Nothing since the 18th!!

MASKS!! PETER CANNON...THUNDERBOLT, BLACK BEETLE, CAPTAIN MIDNITE and THE CRUSADERS "LOST CRUSADE" with the MLJ heroes will have to due until Dynamite returns our PROJECT: SUPERPOWERS!!

PROJECT SUPERPOWERS....PLEASE, Nick!! How's it doin'?? I'm givin' some of my money to other companies until we see a quality return of PSP!!

Man, I hate it when pleading doesn't do any good.
        Last edited by magnoanddavey; 09-12-2012, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X