Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Nick Barrucci: What About Project Super Powers????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy birthday, Project Superpowers XMAS Carol. This week you are 2 years old.
    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Happy Birthday!! To The PROJECT!!

Originally posted by positronic View Post
      Happy birthday, Project Superpowers XMAS Carol. This week you are 2 years old.
      Yes, **HAPPY BIRTHDAY** Two years!!? It seems like......two years!!

But it's a Wonderful Gift to the fans that we've finally heard from Nick that The Project will be back!!

I'm looking forward to that "next" issue hitting the stands!!
      Nick, you wait sooooo long.!! We've been hangin' on for sooooo long.!!

Man, ...that waiting sucks.!!
      Last edited by magnoanddavey; 12-16-2012, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Oh yay!

I just noticed this. I loved the PSP line but gave up on it ever returning. After so long I'm not holding my breath or getting my hopes up, but I'll definately be keeping an eye out for an announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishX View Post
          Thank you IrishX, I've heard nothing but good things about the series, but I'm kind of nervous, I'm already pulling Vampirella, Pantha, The Spider, Damsels, Evil Ernie, Peter Canon:Thunderbolt, and I typically get all kinds of miniseries, Darkshadows/Vampirella, Vampirella Red Room, Phrophecy, Masks, the Witchblade demon reborn series, the comic book store already has me down for the upcomming Vampirella Strikes...and hell, I even read a couple marvel titles..

What I'm saying is that I spend a small fortune every month already on DE and I don't want to drop a lot of money catching up on this series..that I'm really going to like it..and then that I'm going to be like the rest of you..miserable because nothing new comes out...I'm new here but in my days lurking before I could post I read a lot about the Psp dilema , has beeing going on for quite some time..

I want to, but I think I'll wait to see what DE does, if it relaunches as a continuation then i'll get it, and the ones you mention, if its something new..well i guess I won't need them will i? But I appreciate your knowledge and advice. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
            I want to, but I think I'll wait to see what DE does, if it relaunches as a continuation then i'll get it, and the ones you mention, if its something new..well i guess I won't need them will i? But I appreciate your knowledge and advice. Thanks again.
            Why not just take a gamble and read Chapter One? If you don't like it, well, now you know. If you do, you can slowly pick up the rest of them. You probably have plenty of time (late 2013 at the earliest) yet to wait for a Chapter Three. Yeah, no hurry, but your decision to read or not read shouldn't hang on whether they ever do a follow-up series. Chapter Two doesn't really end on a huge cliffhanger or anything like that.
            DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

CEO/Publisher

positronic,

I appreciate the kind words. Everyone worked hard on the series.

And for those waiting for a taste of things to come - check out Masks! #1 and #2 in stores.

And recognize the guy on the cover to #3? - http://dynamite.com/htmlfiles/viewPr...13019768900311

A little Black Terror action!

A little taste of the Power to come (not TKC!) at least, not yet!

And check out some of the interiors to Masks #2!

http://dynamite.com/htmlfiles/viewPr...13019768900211

more to come!

Nick

Comment

TKC -> The Kingdom Come?

Alex Ross is already involved. Maybe you manage to get Mark Wait this time?

Comment

TKC... I keep thinking "The K______ (something) Chapter".

Comment

Originally posted by positronic View Post
                    TKC... I keep thinking "The K______ (something) Chapter".
                    I have The K______ Chronicles, but similar vein.

Comment

Originally posted by pulpfan View Post
                      TKC -> The Kingdom Come?

Alex Ross is already involved. Maybe you manage to get Mark Wait this time?
                      Not quite I think.

The first series was Kingdom Come (no definite article), while the sequel was The Kingdom.

Thy Kingdom Come (a JSA tale that weves elements of KC into its story) was by Geoff Johns, and I suspect he is locked down with DC.

Comment

Originally posted by leonmallett View Post
                        Geoff Johns... I suspect he is locked down with DC.
                        That's putting it mildly. Since they demoted Paul Levitz to a mere freelance writer a couple of years ago, Johns has been elevated to the exalted position of "Creative Director", part of DC's Holy Trinity that includes Jim Lee and Dan DiDio.

Comment

hmmm

The more I think about this the less excited I get. I loved the PSP line but with how long it's been and with everyone and their brother rebooting properties... I just can't see this being a continuation of where the PSP line left off. I'm expecting some sort of reboot and that doesn't interest me at all. I hope it's not but I have a feeling it will be.

Comment

Originally posted by JewishHobbit View Post
                            The more I think about this the less excited I get. I loved the PSP line but with how long it's been and with everyone and their brother rebooting properties... I just can't see this being a continuation of where the PSP line left off. I'm expecting some sort of reboot and that doesn't interest me at all. I hope it's not but I have a feeling it will be.
                            Wow, I never even thought about that possibility. My Black Terror needs his Phantom Galleon.

Comment

There are ways of "rebooting" without rebooting per se. MASKS represents what amounts to a continuity implant for Black Terror and Green Lama. An upcoming series featuring the PSP characters in the Golden Age setting would amount to a "reboot" while not technically violating any continuity established the already-published issues of PSP and the various spinoff series.

Comment

reboot

Yeah, but that's not at all something I'm interested in. I want to see what happens following Chapter 2. If the new PSP project ends up being completely unrelated to those plots then I'm honestly not interested. I'm not reading Masks (due to finances). If something that interested me as much as that did can't get me to drop one of the other books I buy, a new PSP that's unconnected to the previous PSP doesn't stand a chance.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I guess we'll see.

Also, adding to my above post... another reason why I can't see this being a continuation is that I really don't see a 3rd Chapter in an already ongoing plot being a great jumping on point. The series wasn't exactly selling like gangbusters to the point where they had to take a lot of time to rethink the package. Why would it take this long and then return to the same point they left off? It makes no sense. The best thing they can do with these properties is to reboot... I'm just not interested in that.
                                Last edited by JewishHobbit; 01-29-2013, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X