No announcement yet.

Dragnonsbane #4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bet is the book is dead. At this point only completests will buy it.

Comment

Well, Nick said in December that Fritz was working on the art. I think if there is a plan to do the issue, it keeps getting pushed aside due to new projects.

Would be nice to see what happens to the gang now that they are at near the end.

Comment

Originally posted by db8coach View Post
        My bet is the book is dead. At this point only completests will buy it.
        A lot of comic book collectors and readers will want to get issue 4 of a 4-issue miniseries, no matter how late, if only to see how the story ends, or to satisfy the obsessive-compulsive need (let's be honest) to have all 4 issues. Certainly a percentage of those who bought #1-3 have ceased caring at this point, and you can expect zero new readers for the last issue. It must be admitted that printing the book at this point is a money-losing proposition for DE. On the other hand, not printing the book may hurt DE even more by engendering ill will among those who bought #1-3 in good faith, and who now may decide to pass on future DE miniseries altogether.
        Last edited by positronic; 04-16-2013, 01:14 PM.
        DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

I have it on good authority that it is still coming out, just very very late. Hooray!

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
            I have it on good authority that it is still coming out, just very very late. Hooray!
            Welcome news. Thanks.
            DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

If it comes out, it will be like a tree falling in the forest.

Comment

The tree/forest comparison is probably correct. It won't have high orders and the sales will be low, they're basically going to complete it at some point to please the few fans that still care about this book and the Genesis line of titles. I'll be happy when it finally hits through as I've read all the books and recently read 1-3 of this series again just for fun, I look forward to it's release.
                Dynamite Entertainment
                Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Of the three KG spinoff miniseries, this one was my favorite -- and also the only one of the three that had never appeared in a comic book series prior to KG. Damn right I want to see the conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by db8coach View Post
                    If it comes out, it will be like a tree falling in the forest.
                    But if you're there to hear it, it makes a big noise.

Comment

The shame with this title is that it was the best of the Kirby Genesis spin offs. The other two were dreck for two main reasons...The Art and THE ART. The Finch Clone Desjardins needs to be nowhere near a comic board until he learns to draw. (but, I also feel the same way about Finch...if you emulate poop, you become poop as well.)

Comment

I absolutely LOVE David Finch, his art style is what makes comics books so fun to me. I like the over the top heroic looks he gives his characters as opposed to someone like Romita Jr or Bachalo or someone, he makes comic book heroes look like heroes and I really appreciate that as a fan. Desjardin's work wasn't nearly that of Finch's, but it was solid in it's own right and I really enjoyed his pencils on Silver Star, I just wish the Genesis book's didn't die out so fast.

Comment

Man, that is where we will have to disagree. Over the top is great..."grim" and gritty...as in the teeth is just not good to me. Give me a stylized artist such as Nigel Raynor or even Klaus Janson I find much more enjoyable.

Comment

Critically for me, it's written by the excellent Robert Rodi, so I will get this probably as a collected edition.

Comment

Critically for me, it's written by the excellent Robert Rodi, so I will get this probably as a collected edition.
                              If there IS a collected edition, I'd buy it too. But there doesn't appear to have been one of The Green Hornet Strikes! either, nor did I see a solicitation for one forthcoming.

Comment

Well, back issues then.

Comment

Working...
                                X