"JT Krul, Alex Ross Resurrect "The Owl" At Dynamite"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by db8coach View Post
    I don't know, with such a perceived bad reputation, Dynamite might want to move this away from PSP. But, they should give a wink and a nod to the die hard readers.
    I think PSP was a great title and people loved it. The problem has been the delay in getting chapter 3 out there and people are now remembering that frustration. Funny, but I was looking over some of the PSP 1 issues a couple of days ago and kept thinking how great the series was and wondered why Dynamite didnt try to capitalize on the success and get chapter 3 out in a timely fashion.

Black Terror and Green Lama are in MASKS, but it is a period piece, and no mention of PSP is made. I am inclined to say this is attached to PSP based on the 50 years in limbo comment. Might be an interesting title to check out.

Comment

I'm not saying it wasn't good, its just that people aren't going to get involved with a series that may take years for the next part to get out.

Comment

Originally posted by DynamitePulpReader View Post
        I loved Project Superpowers and I wanted Dynamite to start an entire line and universe around it that would go up against Marvel and DC, and though they were well on their way it never quite happened. I did love the output that we got though and i look forward to The Owl and chapter three if we get to see it.
        As much as I would love to see it really happen, history teaches me otherwise. Anyone who has tried to compete with Marvel and DC in the "superhero universe" market has ultimately failed. That goes all the way back to the 1960s with Charlton, Tower, Archie, and Harvey. It must be said that an "honorable mention" must go to Image and Valiant in the 1990s for coming closer than anyone in establishing a foundation for something that would actually stand the test of time, but unfortunately the 1990s "bubble economy" for superhero comics finally burst.

That's not to say that individual titles can't find enough of a fan base to go on, sometimes for years (Spawn, Madman, etc.). But non-Marvel and DC superhero universes have a pretty poor track record overall. Check your dollar and 50 cent bins.
        DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by db8coach View Post
          I'm not saying it wasn't good, its just that people aren't going to get involved with a series that may take years for the next part to get out.
          Dynamite has created some serious brand image issues with the delays. Not just in PSP, but the Kirby Genesis universe as well. That was a great title but the momentum got killed by the delays between issues.

I think if Dynamite could get PSP out in a timely fashion (assuming it has the same quality as before), it would create a lot of good will from readers.

Comment

This book is quickly approaching, you guys still excited? I know I am!
            Dynamite Entertainment
            Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
              This book is quickly approaching, you guys still excited? I know I am!
              About this - definitely.

Comment

Working...
              X