Captain Victory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Victory

Anyone else else pick this up? I liked it quite a bit. Art wise it lacked, but it was still a real fun book.

I would love to see Sterling Gates on some more stuff at Dynamite.

Haven't picked it up, but I need to. Big fan of Kirby's New Gods.

Comment

I was a huge fan of the Kirby: Genesis line of books, it's a shame it fizzled out the way that it did and it's a shame that Dynamite stopped supporting it and promoting it. As for Captain Victory, I really liked this title and even though the art was hit or miss I felt the story was solid enough to look past it. It's unknown whether or not Dynamite will ever return to this line of books again (they said they would) but we will always have the issues we got and I guess that's good enough for me.

Comment

I flipped through it and the art was what put me off.

You say the story was good though?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Craig View Post

I felt it was. The art was alright, nothing special, but the story was very solid.
          Dynamite Entertainment
          Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

It had some really bad art, yeah. The story was great though. A lot of fun if you're a fan of Kirby or any crazy sci-fi goodness.

Cap is a pretty awesome good guy too, which helps. I would have loved to see this play out long-form. I felt like it had a great start, just needed some better doodles.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash Gordon View Post
              It had some really bad art, yeah. The story was great though. A lot of fun if you're a fan of Kirby or any crazy sci-fi goodness.

Cap is a pretty awesome good guy too, which helps. I would have loved to see this play out long-form. I felt like it had a great start, just needed some better doodles.
              You could always dig up the original series (13 issues plus a Special, 1981-1984). Most of these issues can be had for $3 or less.
              DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

You could always dig up the original series (13 issues plus a Special, 1981-1984). Most of these issues can be had for $3 or less.
                Do you know if they're collected anywhere?

I went into this as a fan of Sterling Gates' stuff, but I'd be down for some more Captain Victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash Gordon View Post
                  Do you know if they're collected anywhere?

I went into this as a fan of Sterling Gates' stuff, but I'd be down for some more Captain Victory.
                  Nope, sorry, no trade paperbacks (or hardcovers). It's possible this could still happen someday (seems to me it was planned in the past, but never actually happened). But like I said, the originals are cheap.

Captain Victory and the Galactic Rangers (1981 Pacific)

PS -- If you read the entire Pacific Comics Captain Victory series, you will discover the secret connection between Captain Victory and the New Gods.
                  Last edited by positronic; 04-25-2013, 02:28 AM.
                  DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Working...
                  X