Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Superpowers: Then & Now by RVGA.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Superpowers: Then & Now by RVGA.

http://theretrovideogameaddict.blogs...w-by-rvga.html

The above link is a link to a blog I wrote about Project Superpowers in support of the line. Check it out!

PSP should be done by Hogan and Sprouse!! Hire them!!

Originally posted by TheRetroVideoGameAddict View Post
    http://theretrovideogameaddict.blogs...w-by-rvga.html

The above link is a link to a blog I wrote about Project Superpowers in support of the line. Check it out!
    After reading TOM STRONG and The Planet of Peril ...#3...I know who should have ....or should re-write Project: SuperPowers....

Peter Hogan.!!

and the artists should be Chris Sprouse and inker Karl Story.

If you see how well they handle the Terra Obscura heroes, you can only imagine how well they would have been with the PSP.

It's not too late to do a re-write. But please ...please... don't have them try to stop the dropping of the "bomb". It's soooo out of character.

The artist for the stories in the 1940's could/should be Michael Cho!!
    The artist for the stories in the present...Chris Sprouse.!!

And make the reason more believeable to put the "forces of GOOD" in a Pandora's box.
    That was REALLY WEAK.
    And make THE FIGHTING YANK a little smarter than he is.
    These heroes played a big, big part in winning the War and fighting evil....so, now, it would be for the better to snatch them from the world and put them in a box.?
    Huh???
    Last edited by magnoanddavey; 10-01-2013, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Great article, RVGA!
      Dynamite Entertainment
      Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Originally posted by magnoanddavey View Post
        After reading TOM STRONG and The Planet of Peril ...#3...I know who should have ....or should re-write Project: SuperPowers....

Peter Hogan!!

and the artists should be Chris Sprouse and inker Karl Story.

If you see how well they handle the Terra Obscura heroes, you can only imagine how well they would have been with the PSP.
        Aren't Terra Obscura and Project Superpowers both re-writes of the original Golden Age Nedor characters? Peter Hogan did his version, and Alex Ross and Jim Krueger did theirs (adding a lot more GA characters than just the Nedor group). It sounds like you are criticizing Alex Ross and Jim Krueger for not being Peter Hogan, and at the same time, criticizing Peter Hogan for not being Alex Ross and Jim Krueger. Why should Peter Hogan re-write Ross and Krueger's version when he's already done his own? And if he did, then what? No more Terra Obscura? I just don't get it.

Comment

With DC being so slow to release more Tom Strong and Terra Obscura books it would be interesting to see Hogan to continue the storyline of PSP. I'd prefer to see him and DC continue TO & TS with someone else on PSP that way we have both. While i'm not sure whyb he would want to work on some one else's versions of the same characters, I do think he would do a great job.
          Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
          Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
          http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

He wasn't talking about Hogan continuing PSP, he was talking about having him re-write (by which I assume he meant reBOOT) it. DC may be slow in releasing Tom Strong, but they're still a lot faster than Dynamite is releasing PSP. I would bet Tom Strong and the Planet of Peril outsold The Owl, too, so there wouldn't seem to be much financial incentive for Hogan to change ships. I am happy with these things coexisting (to the extent of the trickle of material both streams represent) and don't feel the need for an 'Amalgam universe' smooshing of the two properties.
            Last edited by pulphero; 10-04-2013, 04:29 PM.

Comment

I don't think PSP needs a reboot at all, everything that has come before was perfectly fine and all DE needs to do is just kicks off the third volume and not let it hang for as long as it did. Massive promotion would be needed for PSP at this point too since some people have a bad taste in their mouths about the length of time that these characters weren't touched by Dynamite.
              Dynamite Entertainment
              Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
                I don't think PSP needs a reboot at all, everything that has come before was perfectly fine and all DE needs to do is just kicks off the third volume and not let it hang for as long as it did. Massive promotion would be needed for PSP at this point too since some people have a bad taste in their mouths about the length of time that these characters weren't touched by Dynamite.
                I am another that does not feel a reboot is needed.

To be honest, there does not necessarily need to be a chapter 3; if solid stories can be told using what they have as a foundation, it may be better to use minis and potential ongoings to focus on specific characters than a cast of hundreds, dipping into the wider cast as needed.

Comment

I don't think we need a reboot as much as we need a 'restart'. We need a new maxi series to serve as a jumping on point for readers and a jumping off point for new series. My views on how I think they should restart is in a thread below. Basicly a series that sets up a core group in a JLA/Avengers type group and expand from there.
                  Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2

Comment

Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
                    I don't think we need a reboot as much as we need a 'restart'. We need a new maxi series to serve as a jumping on point for readers and a jumping off point for new series. My views on how I think they should restart is in a thread below. Basicly a series that sets up a core group in a JLA/Avengers type group and expand from there.
                    Couldn't find the thread. Must have been a while ago. While there are already a number of named groups (The Inheritors, The Patriots, The Big Shots) and a number of looser un-named groupings (Devil/Silver Streak/Ghost, Black Terror/Pyroman/Masquerade) I like the idea of a main JLA type supergroup (over on Terra Obscura, it's 'S.M.A.S.H.'). There's certainly room for a number of other official teams as well, unless we're going the "Legion of Super-Heroes" route of a superhero army (come to think of it, that's what the Avengers has turned into these days).
                    Last edited by pulphero; 10-07-2013, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Start with the main series with maybe a page or 2 of origins

After a month or 2 add DC Presents type series featuring one to four issue arcs with different characters I think it could work. Having it be a single title rather then a series of one shots or minis make it easier for the reader, we donít have to remember/figure out what books are out this month. They could even coordinate the titles so a character who shows up in the main title is featured in the second book.

Then add a team up book Black Terror or DDD and the flavor of the month.

The Team Up and Presents book would introduce readers to other characters and be a stepping stone to new series.

If a character does well in the Team Up etc. they could get mini series to see if there is continued interest that could become regular series if it does well.

I think one of the problems with PSP is so many characters got introduced so fast no one got a lot of face time and it got confusing.

Personaly I thing Ghost, Samson and Masquerade would do good.

Comment

Paraphrased from the previous thread

After a month or 2 add DC Presents type series featuring one to four issue arcs with different characters I think it could work. Having it be a single title rather then a series of one shots or minis make it easier for the reader, we donít have to remember/figure out what books are out this month. They could even coordinate the titles so a character who shows up in the main title is featured in the second book.

The Team Up and Presents book would introduce readers to other characters and be a stepping stone to new series.

If a character does well in the Team Up etc. they could get mini series to see if there is continued interest that could become regular series if it does well.

I think one of the problems with PSP is so many characters got introduced so fast no one got a lot of face time and it got confusing.

Personaly I thing Ghost, Samson and Masquerade would do good.

Comment

Paraphrased from the previous thread

Personaly I think Ghost, Samson and Masquerade would do good.

Comment

Sounds like a plan. I could definitely go with setup like that.

Comment

sorry, don't know why it triple posted. I edited it a couple of times but . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X