Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Superpowers: Then & Now by RVGA.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juggernaut visits Project: SuperPowers

Here's a piece I commissioned by the great Steve Erwin (of DC's VIGILANTE and CHECKMATE titles, among others). It features the heroes of Project: Superpowers welcoming the Juggernaut to their universe, and of course, hijincks ensue.

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...?piece=1060275

Comment

Wow, it's only Jan. 2, and I think I may have already exceeded my maximum yearly allowance of Juggernaut for 2014. If I don't look at any more Marvel Comics this year, I might make it through to next Christmas.

Seriously though, it's a nice drawing. One does get the impression that you may have more than merely a passing interest in Juggernaut, but I guess you can spend your money however you like. No pics of Juggy beating up on the heroes of Malibu's Ultraverse? Oh, wait. That wasn't just a fan commission, it actually happened, didn't it? What don't you have against DC's New 52 Universe? Don't they deserve a good beat-down like every other universe (if not more so)?

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
        Wow, it's only Jan. 2, and I think I may have already exceeded my maximum yearly allowance of Juggernaut for 2014. If I don't look at any more Marvel Comics this year, I might make it through to next Christmas.

Seriously though, it's a nice drawing. One does get the impression that you may have more than merely a passing interest in Juggernaut, but I guess you can spend your money however you like. No pics of Juggy beating up on the heroes of Malibu's Ultraverse? Oh, wait. That wasn't just a fan commission, it actually happened, didn't it? What don't you have against DC's New 52 Universe? Don't they deserve a good beat-down like every other universe (if not more so)?
        The Juggernaut Universal Tour series was meant to showcase obscure and little-known heroes, rather than continuously published ones like the DC characters. While I think it might actually be interesting seeing Jug up against the Justice League, there are a million and one commissions featuring them in other galleries. I didn't do one with the Ultraverse characters because, as you said, that's actually been published.

I tend towards pieces featuring less-celebrated characters who aren't in the limelight as often as the A-listers. They are often more interesting to me, which is why I like such heroes as the Project Superpowers crew and so on.

Comment

Working...
        X