No announcement yet.

Blackcross

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What little I found of his version didn't entice me to get it, alas. If they could get Grant Morrison on it I'd be thrilled and I know I would snap it up.

Comment

I decided to be brave and picked up Project Superpowers: Blackcross #1-3 today (as well as Masks 2 #3 and Justice Inc.: The Avenger #1).

Though it does sometimes get confusing how some characters can show up in two or three series but have next to nothing to do with their other appearances. I'm much more comfortable with the shared universe concepts you typically find with DC and Marvel.

Comment

Originally posted by Magno View Post
        . . . I'm finding it an interesting read and already hate the fact that Ellis is leaving after six . . .
        Originally posted by jsf View Post
        . . . Anybody have any idea what the plans are for these characters after this series? I hope they take this bit of world-building Ellis is doing and develop it. I'd definitely like to see someone like Failkov or Jenkins develop what Ellis is setting up (if Ellis can't continue).
        Well it looks like this Blackcross #1 was Dynamite's best selling title on the Top 300 Comic Books list for March (http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/3...ual-march-2015) and issue #2 was Dynamite's third best-selling book on the Top 300 Comic Books list for April (http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/3...ual-april-2015) after Masks 2 #1 and Django Zorro #6. (I haven't seen anything on May's sales yet.)

Anybody hearing anything yet as to what, if anything, may happen with this title / franchise after issue #6?

Comment

Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
          I decided to be brave and picked up Project Superpowers: Blackcross #1-3 today (as well as Masks 2 #3 and Justice Inc.: The Avenger #1).

Though it does sometimes get confusing how some characters can show up in two or three series but have next to nothing to do with their other appearances. I'm much more comfortable with the shared universe concepts you typically find with DC and Marvel.
          Pretty much the only continuity references I've found at all beyond the original PSP group of titles and spinoffs, have been Michael Uslan's references to his own work in The Shadow/Green Hornet: Dark Nights and Justice Inc.. Most writers will try to avoid direct contradictions, while making no specific connections, either. Of course, that's impossible when you're referring to the characters whose adventures take place in more than one time period - except for The Shadow and Doc Savage, which have been explained. They can't get too invested in any kind of shared continuity, because the individual licenses are only "rentals".

You have the Kings Watch, Flash Gordon: The Man From Earth, and KING event involving 5 miniseries, which are all part of one continuity, but no reference to any of the earlier series like The Last Phantom, Flash Gordon: Zeitgeist, and Merciless: The Rise of Ming.
          Last edited by pulphero; 06-10-2015, 12:11 PM.

Comment

I have just finished issue 3, and so far it is meandering forward; to be honest, I already think we have waited too long for a full appearance by one of our heroes, doing something heroic (I am not counting the American Spirit as a hero here for obvious reasons).

Comment

Originally posted by leonmallett View Post
              I have just finished issue 3, and so far it is meandering forward; to be honest, I already think we have waited too long for a full appearance by one of our heroes, doing something heroic (I am not counting the American Spirit as a hero here for obvious reasons).
              It's Warren Ellis. Do his characters do "heroic"?

Comment

... which is why I'm not much into his stuff, alas...

Comment

Good point.

Right now, 3 issues in, I am struggling to warm to a character or at least find them a compelling read.

Comment

Does this set-up a return of some of the PSP heroes??

Good point.

Right now, 3 issues in, I am struggling to warm to a character or at least find them a compelling read.
                    What if these six issues set up a RETURN of these heroes.??
                    It would be great if Black Terror, Daredevil, Woman in Red, The Flame, and others do return because of this limit series run.

If it doesn't return our heroes,--- I've been had again-- by Dynamite.

Comment

It would be great if Black Terror, Daredevil, Woman in Red, The Flame, and others do return because of this limit series run.
                      But will the Warren Ellis style of heroing be what you want to see them return as?

Comment

I'll just stand by until the jury reaches its verdict.

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
                          I'll just stand by until the jury reaches its verdict.

***still happy about that***

. . .

Oh, different jury and verdict...

Comment

If it doesn't return our heroes,--- I've been had again-- by Dynamite.
                            If that were the case, the thought of a 6 issues prologue just suggests to me that DE don't have a handle on what they want to do.

Comment

If that were the case, the thought of a 6 issues prologue just suggests to me that DE don't have a handle on what they want to do.
                              Having read issue #5, I'm wondering if you hit the nail on the head here.

Comment

Gee, nobody seems too enthusiastic about Ellis' PSP story. Worse yet, nobody really seems to understand it, from what I'm gleaning from the comments. Guess that makes this a 'pass' on the trade paperback for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X