Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Black Cross, if DE tried another take on PSP would you read it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Black Cross, if DE tried another take on PSP would you read it?

Simple question to the small few of us on here and who read Project Superpowers in its initial iteration and the Black Cross take: if DE tried yet another version of Project Superpowers in the future, would you read it?

I'd page through it at my LCBS but it would be a tough sell.
    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

i would definately read PSP IF it was a continuation of. volume 1 and 2 or at least in the same vein. Black cross was simply a horror comic. The PSP characters seemed like they just happened to be there.

It is sad how Dynamite really fumbled this line. Even a year or so ago there was such a call for PSP 3. Black cross seems to have killed that enthusiasm.

Comment

It would totally depend on who wrote it.

Comment

It would depend on both the writing and the art. I really like the characters, so if they could find a writer I really like or an artist I really like (preferably both) that would be great - or at least one of those paired with a writer or an artist that I don't dislike. I really think the only workable approach for PSP is to treat it like a traditional superhero comic book. By which I mean, generally speaking, not the kind of superhero comic books being published by Marvel and DC today, with few exceptions. Counter-programming - because if you wanted the kind of superhero comics published by Marvel and DC today, they have plenty of titles to choose from, so what do you need to buy them from Dynamite for?
          Last edited by pulphero; 12-21-2015, 07:31 AM.

Comment

How would it be different from the stuff from DC or Marvel? I think of those as pretty traditional, honestly...

I'd be more interested in the Nedor characters as starting back in the day they were published, maybe see how they grew and developed and aged, perhaps had a next generation or three or four (at this point, the JSA's kids, the Infinitors, would be in their 50s or older, and even then it was kind of stretching things to say that people in their 20s in the 1940s all had kids in their 20s in the 1980s), and skip the "trapped in a vase for decades" premise. Roy Thomas for the win! <3

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
              How would it be different from the stuff from DC or Marvel? I think of those as pretty traditional, honestly...

I'd be more interested in the Nedor characters as starting back in the day they were published, maybe see how they grew and developed and aged, perhaps had a next generation or three or four (at this point, the JSA's kids, the Infinitors, would be in their 50s or older, and even then it was kind of stretching things to say that people in their 20s in the 1940s all had kids in their 20s in the 1980s), and skip the "trapped in a vase for decades" premise. Roy Thomas for the win! <3
              I'd love a period piece, but it's a tough sell. I'd love a period piece written by Roy Thomas, and drawn by an artist (say, Tom Grummett) whose work fits in with a more traditional superhero style/sensibility. You can call it 'retro' I guess, but I'm guessing there's still some sort of older audience for superhero comics (mostly buying back issues and trade collections, I'd guess) that's mainly fallen out of love with the current style of Marvel and DC product. Guys who prefer the older generation of writers and artists, your Roy Thomas, Mark Waid, Kurt Busiek followers, and the same goes for the artists you don't see on the mainstream superhero books much any more. And I could be wrong about this... maybe it's too small of a niche market now, and won't ever be do-able except for the smallest of fringe publishers (e.g. AC Comics).
              Last edited by pulphero; 12-24-2015, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X