Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pulphero
    replied
    MAD presents a Golden Age superheroes parody??

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I was looking forward at one point to Dynamite trying again with this franchise.

But after seeing cover art and reading the solicitation description . . . I think I'll just save my money and skip this.

(I'm getting so disappointed with Dynamite's output these days.)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Let me add this:

When I started in comics.... it was when I picked up FF #4.... and that issue wasn't very good looking.
    It wasn't like the slicker DC comic... and it didn't have very good distribution... Marvel was having all kinds of problems at the time...

It just wasn't that impressive of an issue. Yet, I loved the fact that the heroes had personalities ... and didn't get along .... and the art ... the art was kind of strange ... but there was something very endearing about it. I was hooked on buying the next issue without a doubt. Many of those early Marvels were hardly an indication that it would become such a 'powerhouse giant'.

So, ... I keep thinking there must be a way for Dynamite to get into the Super-hero business ... with these wonderful Golden Age Super-Heroes.

Pass them off as contemporary heroes.... give them a low print run ... until the book can find an audience... but most of all .... Quality... Quality... find a Writer that loves Super-Heroes and can write them.
    Find an Artist ... that can draw great super-hero adventures....

I know there probably will never be another Stan Lee and Jack Kirby duo..... but there should be a talented team that could bring these heroes to the racks and make them sell enough to keep the book in 'good numbers'. .... and possibly grow circulation.

Like I said, .... DC and Marvel... and other companies do it all the time... every month... it's just so hard to believe Dynamite can't.!!

Although, I always admit, that Pulp Hero makes a very valid case. Great points and reasoning... and insight. I have NO ISSUE with his diagnosis of the problems.

There just MUST be an answer to overcome this. (OK, maybe there's not... but I digress. LOL!!)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Magno View Post
    Boy, I really got my hopes up when I saw the ad in PREVIEWS.

LET DOWN, AGAIN.

I still think a Super-hero Group ... like BLACK TERROR, DOC STRANGE, PYROMAN, FIGHTING YANK, MISS MASQUE, and THE LIBERATOR would work.

You would need a big name writer and artist ... and maybe cheap paper and a low production number... until the book found an audience and good 'numbers' ... but ....

DC and Marvel do it month after month.... and Dynamite can't????

Unbelievable......
    If you can take anything more or less positive away from it is that the characters aren't being ignored altogether. They even still make reference to Project Superpowers specifically (though at this point, I kind of wish they wouldn't...)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    What a disappointment....

Boy, I really got my hopes up when I saw the ad in PREVIEWS.

LET DOWN, AGAIN.

I still think a Super-hero Group ... like BLACK TERROR, DOC STRANGE, PYROMAN, FIGHTING YANK, MISS MASQUE, and THE LIBERATOR would work.

You would need a big name writer and artist ... and maybe cheap paper and a low production number... until the book found an audience and good 'numbers' ... but ....

DC and Marvel do it month after month.... and Dynamite can't????

Unbelievable......

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Britt68 View Post
    Would love to see a true chapter 3 but as others have posted in other forum threads, the economics don't support it.
    I think they support this kind of thing even less. I guess we'll wait to see how they do.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    [QUOTE=Captain Canuck;37433]Good news, Project Superpowers is returning!

Bad news, Dynamite is reinventing the wheel again!

I am really underwhelmed by this solicitation. I thought they took PSP way to the dark side with Blackcross, but are now going 180 degrees to the goofy side. It's too bad. PSP was one of my favorites and often find myself re-reading volumes 1 and 2. Would love to see a true chapter 3 but as others have posted in other forum threads, the economics don't support it.

Just a shame.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X