Multiple Covers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Covers

Hey everyone! Let's take this opportunity to let Dynamite Entertainment know how we, their customer, feel about the multiple covers that they have for all (or most) of their comics. Do you love them or hate them? Too many or not enough? Do you buy all of the multiple covers or no? I'll come back & reply with my own answers after a few responses. I don't want my opinions to taint this thread one way or the other.

From what i understand, no one from Dynamite Entertainment ever reads their own message board, but it will still be interesting to see what you all have to say about their multiple cover practice.

I like the extra covers as long as the art is worth while, and there are no more than 3 or 4 in total per month. Having rare RRP and foil editions makes the series that much harder to complete, but I feel thats a major part of my hobby. I fortunalty can afford the extra covers, but not everyone can. Atleast they give you a chance to collect whichever cover you prefer. Most of the time the covers that ship in equal ratios end up worth the same after a few years, so for the collector that looks for value does not have to worry all that much!

You can see from my collection list in this forum, I try to get as many covers as possible but I lack several expensive issues. You can't have it all I guess.

My two cents..

Comment

Well, my own perspective is this: I'll generally buy a comic I like because of what's on the pages between the covers - because something about the artwork and/or subject matter appeals to me. For example, Mel Rubi's work on "Red Sonja", Cary Nord's job on "Conan", Johnen Vasquez's "Johnny The Homicidal Maniac", and so-on. I like a nice cover on a comic, but if there are multiple choices for which cover to chose, I spend a bit of time choosing which one I like most and get that, occasionally adding another if I happen to really like it as well. I don't feel any need, nor any pressure, to buy multiple covers as I'm buying the comics purely for my own reading pleasure. I don't generally bother with the expensive collectors' covers, as they're not the reason I read the comics in the first place.

Tommy.
      Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

Working...
      X