No announcement yet.

Why no presence at trade shows this year?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no presence at trade shows this year?

Hey, Dynamite - Why do you not have a presence at this years comicons? I'll be attending the Wizard World Chicago show, why is there no Dynamite booth?

If they cannot acknowledge their fans on their own message board, why would they do it in person?? (Sorry kinda grumpy today )

I find it quite strange actually.

The interest in their books have increased along with members of this board, but still no regular posts from an employee of Dynamite.

You would think that they either don't care, or they cannot afford to pay someone to take on this simple task.

Come to think of it, do Marvel - DC - Dark Horse - ETC have message boards?

The lack of direct contact actually looks pretty bad from my point of view, while I recommend alot of Dynamites books to my friends.

I won't stop buying their products because of this, but it is kinda frustrating and I know I am not the only one that feels this way.

Life goes on.......

Yep - Dark Horse has message boards, although I've never really explored them and never posted (as far as I recall... ), so I don't know what they're like. I've found Marvel's site really frustrating to navigate. No idea about DC, as I don't have much of their stuff...

In terms of cons, they seem to be a really big thing in the 'States. Here, most retailers don't bother with them much, as they generally cost them more in attendance and wages than they actually take in sales and the promotional/exposure benefits are over-stated. I don't know if that's any indication of how things run over that side of the pond as well, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

I don't bother with publisher boards, other than this one, naturally. I post here simply because I like to find out info on Sonja.

As for Dynamite booths, I'd be nice to see one a Canada con, then I could scam a Sonja button or something.