Verbinski talks Lone Ranger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verbinski talks Lone Ranger

Tonto will be the main character. And the Lone Ranger will be more of a Don Quixote.

I can honestly say that I am not a fan of that.
    Why is it so hard to portray them both as equals?

Comment

Now this from Gore Verbinski from A&E Playground:

The coming together of Johnny Depp and director Gore Verbinski for Rango won’t be their last collaboration. The two have been in serious discussions to revive The Lone Ranger through producer Jerry Bruckheimer and Disney. Depp said, “Gore Verbinski is a rare beast and I think we’ve come up with some bits that are going to really turn the thing on its head in a way. We’re going to drop the bottom out of what’s expected of the Lone Ranger. The idea of Tonto being the sidekick is out of the question. It’s going to be a lot of fun. It’s going to places that westerns don’t usually go.”

Comment

That sounds really stupid, to be totaly honest. Im not excitted about johnny depp or Verbinski being involved in a lone ranger moive. Id rather they get honest to goodness western actors, depp doesnt count in my book, and get some one who understands how to make a good western, Verbinski doesnt count either, and yes i saw Rango. from the description below it sounds like thier gonna crap on the lone rangers basic priciples and dynamic and make a "western buddy comedy" with "The Lone Ranger" as name to sell it with. dont like where this is heading.

Comment

Working...
        X