Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An question about omnibus editions

Howdy y'all!

I'm a newbie here, so first up, let me say I'm pleased to meet you all. Oh, and please forgive the grammatically incorrect thread title - I can't work out how to edit the thing!

And now, to business:

I recently invested in the first Red Sonja omnibus, which is a thing of great beauty. Having read up on things a little (because I'm completely new to this series) I see there's a second omnibus due ths year.

I'm just wondering - exactly what is likely to be collected in this format? Are there any stories like the one-shots and Thulsa Doom arc that might not appear in these collections? Is the format reserved for the ongoing material?

Forgive my general ignorance - like I say, I'm new to this stuff, and I don't read swords 'n' sorcery in general. Any assistance is gratefully received!
    Last edited by HdE; 04-22-2011, 01:32 AM.

Is this the one you're asking about ?

http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com...RO=C1606902318

Terry

Comment

Hi Terry, and thanks!

Yes, that is indeed the 2nd volume I was curious about.

I'm a little surprised to see that the listing suggests it's already available to buy. Online listings I've spotted for it indicate an August release for the UK.

I take it the omnibus format only collects the 'She Devil With A Sword' material then, and I'll have to track down one shots and othe rseries in their own respective collections?

Comment

President/Publisher

Hi HDE,

We will be rolling out more Omnibus', but they are a little at a time. I would definitely check out the Savage Tales of Red Sonja if you are interested to read some of the one shots available.

Best!

Nicky

Comment

There is a thread called "Have I got everything" or someway similar. There is a complete listing of the stuff published yet. I would not count on the omnibusses because they are very slow in publishing them and they will not reach a state of having-published-the-complete-ongoings-and-go-on-with-the-other-stuff for quite a while.

Comment

Thanks guys - that's very much appreciated.

Thanks for the info. To be honest, I'm happy to wait for omnibus collections. I pick up quite a bit of stuff, so havinga long wait between things is sometimes a blessing in disguise for me.

But I'll most assuredly check out other collected editions if it's a sure-fire way to get hold of one-shots. I'm pretty keen to get my hands on the story Liam Sharp worked on, so I'll try to do a bit more digging online.

Comment

Working...
            X