Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What licenses would you like to see DE pick up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defenders of the Earth.

They have The Phantom and Flash Gordon already - just add Mandrake and presto!

Comment

Images-worth-a-1000-words suggestions

League Of Extraordinary Ladies :-)

Hell Girl (Purgatori)

The Gorgon

Venus

The Mermaid
      Last edited by Renaud; 12-25-2011, 01:02 PM.

Comment

League Of Extraordinary Ladies

Alien Woman

Valkyrie

Tiger Woman

The Archer
        Last edited by Renaud; 12-25-2011, 01:01 PM.

Comment

The Sorceress

Giant-Woman

The Ghost

Forest Girl
          Last edited by Renaud; 12-25-2011, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Torch Woman

The Rock

Dragon Lady

Robotica
            Last edited by Renaud; 12-25-2011, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Fantomas
              James Bond
              Doc Savage
              Robin Hood
              Dracula (ongoing)

Comment

DE/Licensing

Originally posted by Bjarne View Post
                Fantomas
                James Bond
                Doc Savage
                Robin Hood
                Dracula (ongoing)
                You guys are just gluttons for punishment with the on again off again nature of how DE publishes these things,but I like a lot of what is on all your lists.This list I would have to say has the best suggestion in Robin Hood, and since that should be a public domain title, means no licensing fee and should mean a 2.99 price tag.(hint,hint,DE)Dracula has been done to death recently by a variety of companies,but with the right spin who knows?Rather than James Bond how about Donald Hamilton's Matt Helm? It's time to rectify those Dean Martin films with a straight forward take,but in the tongue in cheek vein ( but not camped up) Modesty Blaise. Complete with full frontal Nailers!The spy the Black Widow wanted to be.

Comment

Wow, nailers, eh? At 55 years old, I'd thought I'd heard them all, but I guess not.
                  DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Licensing from Fritz Leiber? The world of Nehwon.

What about Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser from Fritz Leiber? I do not know if they are out of copywrite or not.

What about Orson's Scott Card's "Ender"? If you follow the book like you are doing with Warlord of Mars, Mr. Card may allow you to.

Captain Horatio Horblower? (by C.S. Forrester)

Beowulf

King Authur

The Thin Man (by Dashiell Hammett) (movies with William Powell, Myrna Loy, and Asta)

Sam Spade (by Dashiell Hammett)

Phillip Marlowe (by Raymond Chandler)

Comment

Wow, spartan1961, I guess you must have missed it. Marvel's been doing "Ender's Game" comics for like, a year and a half, two years now. Fafhrd and Grey Mouser isn't anywhere near old enough to be public domain, but I guess Dynamite could pay for the official license. Nobody's done a comic adaptation in a while.
                      DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Ender's Game

Thanks for the heads up on Marvel. I missed the boat on that one! I'll have to check it out.

Comment

THE HAUNTED HORSEMAN THE GHOST WHO RIDES

This Guy

The Haunted Horseman (formaly known as the original Ghost Rider from the 1950’s Magazine Enterprise)

I can already hear the title of the first hardcover volume

as in the style of the Phantom (The Ghost Who Walks)

But this time

THE HAUNTED HORSEMAN: THE GHOST WHO RIDES

Would love to see Alex Ross do some cool covers for this character

And of course like Green Hornet, a classic golden age hardcover archives all in one single volume of the first golden age Ghost Rider stories from the 1950's

Cover link - http://www.comics.org/series/757/covers/
                          Last edited by Renaud; 12-31-2011, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Only the longest running science fiction series of all time - Perry Rhodan. This book series has been going continuously since 1961 and has over 2600 volumes, telling the entire future history of mankind from the first manned landing on the moon. No need to even write up new original stories - just pick the best of the books and write them up into comic book format.

Website here: http://www.perry-rhodan.us/

Last edited by TheHorror; 01-01-2012, 07:11 PM.

Comment

No doubt about it. Perry Rhodan's the king of the sci-fi heroes, if mileage counts for anything. Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, Captain Future, Dan Dare, Jeff Hawke, Tom Corbett Space Cadet, Space Patrol, Star Trek, and the rest may be older or better known, but in terms of unbroken continuity and sheer word count, Rhodan wins hands down (50 years of prose adventures and still going strong!). By this time, just about any science fiction idea that's ever been imagined has been done in the Perry Rhodan pulps. Too bad Americans haven't seen him around since the English translation Ace Books paperbacks stopped in the late 1970s.

Can't understand why PR's parent company can't seem to crack the American marketplace. You just know that sooner or later, someone's going to make a big blockbuster movie out of the Rhodan saga, and then maybe people will notice (hey, it only took Tintin 80 years).

Comment

New licenses are good but don't ignore current titles

New titles are all well and good but DE has been ignoring some current series in favor of new titles. They don't even answer simple questions these days! They either need more help or better focus on what pays the bills and maintains there loyal customer base. If they don't do the latter then they could evaporate like many other publishers in the past. I certainly don't want to see that happen. Most of what I purchase monthly are DE titles!! Keep your eye on the ball DE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X