Dynamite is outstanding!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamite is outstanding!

When I was a kid in the late 80's , early 90's I never knew anybody who read anything besides marvel or dc. Marvel was a big favorite, man in 1990 they could have put out an issue called "X-MEN, TAX DEADLINE!!(TIME FOR SOME DEDUCTIONS!)" and I would have thrown my 2 bucks at them faster then you can blink.

Well I "got out" of comics for over a decade, ironically it was the success of the marvel hero movies that made me say to myself "man, I really miss reading about those guys", which in turn led me..to start buying Dynamite titles. I bought issue 1 of Vampirella and stayed with it ever since, since dynamite always runs promos of their new stories I just kept buying new ones and I mean they are good! I now read Vampirella, Pantha, Damsels, Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt, The Spider, Prophecy, Masks and Evil Ernie, I've also finished #4 of Witchblade: Demon Reborn.

Compare that to what I read of the "Big 2", Nightwing(dc) and "All new xmen (:/). This is a very drastic conversion if I do say so myself.

I realize that a lot of these stories are old, and old school fans like, well, positronic for example ( I spent days lurking before I could post) have varied opinions on things, But its all new and very refreshing to me.

Also, I can't help but admire Dynamite, I don't want to have this post removed so i'll be careful with how I say this. Dynamite has some serious testicular fortitude!

I mean, Not only do they have the..testicular fortitude to challenge the big 2 on their turf but they are doing it by consistently and constantly putting out good stories, instead of relying on some hail mary title that makes it big mainstream.

I'm not a kid anymore, and no longer limited to my allowance on what I can buy, I do well for myself, and as long as dynamite keeps kicking butt and taking names, i'll be happy to spend my money on them. Thanks for the hours of entertainment guys!
    Last edited by James; 11-30-2012, 09:14 AM. Reason: Just realized I'm 30 and no longer 26..my time frame was skewed..man does it fly!
Working...
X